Thread: heavyweight tree stand

heavyweight tree stand

a friend of mine weighs near 400 lbs cant find a treestand that strong does anyone make them ?

If nothing else you could find a welder to make one.

Quote Originally Posted by uncletj View Post
    a friend of mine weighs near 400 lbs cant find a treestand that strong does anyone make them ?
    tell him to get a blind... much easier on the poor guy too..
    Florida meat hunters: Killing tomorrows trophy today because we dont have a chance anyways.

I would look at double ladder stands. They usually have a 500lb capacity and the seat is wider giving him more room to move around. I know we have them at the lease and it is nice to be able to sit bino's and all other gear beside you. He doesnt need to be in a hang-on. I know I am 265 and feel like I am pushing it by the time I am up there with all my gear. The ladder stand will help brace him and the tree better.
    Bear Truth 30" 75#, Muzzy 100 grain 3 Blade, Gold Tip 7595 with Gator Wraps and Orange and Blue Blazers

If your not a Gator, You are Gator Bait...

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzle View Post
    I would look at double ladder stands. They usually have a 500lb capacity and the seat is wider giving him more room to move around. I know we have them at the lease and it is nice to be able to sit bino's and all other gear beside you. He doesnt need to be in a hang-on. I know I am 265 and feel like I am pushing it by the time I am up there with all my gear. The ladder stand will help brace him and the tree better.
    Where was my mind at... Thats right they hold some weight...
    Florida meat hunters: Killing tomorrows trophy today because we dont have a chance anyways.

Thumbs up Summit Golith (sp)

I am a big guy. They are NICE!
    Just a burnt out bow junkie

Quote Originally Posted by KOZMAN4907 View Post
    I am a big guy. They are NICE!
    Summits are only rated to 350.

I would definately look at a double ladder stand with 500 pound limit

or a ground blind
    Arrow wraps ----> bowmanhunter.com--**AUTHORIZED RHINO BLINDS DEALER**
    If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.
    I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
    God said, "No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary

search screaming eagle treestands, they have a 4000 lb weight limit , i believe they weigh around 20 lbs, nice hang ons.

Quote Originally Posted by gmarsden View Post
    search screaming eagle treestands, they have a 4000 lb weight limit , i believe they weigh around 20 lbs, nice hang ons.
    thats tensil strength of the cables, NOT A WEIGHT LIMIT for the stand
    Arrow wraps ----> bowmanhunter.com--**AUTHORIZED RHINO BLINDS DEALER**
    If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.
    I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
    God said, "No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary

Another vote for the 2-man ladders. I'm a big guy and I like them best. I use a Grand Ol Man climber and it's cool and I'll also hunt hang on's (when forced to) but I like the 2-man ladders waaay better. It's just nice to be able to set your crap beside you (binos, calls, etc.) and still have plenty of room. My favorites are the Big Game Sky Rise 2-Man Ladders. They're a little more expensive (like $225 on sale at Bass Pro) but they get you up like 18ft which is nice when trying to draw on a deer. If he's gun hunting, any of the 2-man 12-footers you see at Dicks or Walmart for $100-$125 will work well. More than anything else, tell him to be careful up there. When little guys fall, something "might" get broke. When a 300+ pounder falls 10+ feet, somethings "gonna" break. Again, I'm speaking from experience .

Dawg
    PSE FIELD STAFF / TRUBALL STAFF
    Me: 2013 Vendetta DC, Breathn-Built SH Patriot Supra DC, Breathn-Built Red Supra DC
    Wife: 2013 New Breed Lycan in Blk/Muddy Girl, 2012 Mathews Jewel in Lost Camo
    Son (19): 2014 Mathews Chill in Lost Camo

Try deer hunter treestands

I have hunted out of theses and they are nice. I had a friend that used to hunt and he was about 450 lbs and used one. I have used this companies stands since the mid eighties. I have killed a lot of deer out of them. They are pretty comfortable and solid.

Original #104 Super Hulk Climber -

This is the big daddy of aluminum climbing stands weighting only 30 lbs. It will accommodate a hunter weighting up to 500 lbs. It’s inside measurement 24” x 31”, it will climb up to 24” tree,. The hunter can choose to face towards or away from the tree. For the larger hunter this stand has no equal on the market today.

Sale Price: $349

http://www.deerhuntertreestands.com/climberstands.html

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzle View Post
    Afetr reading the first post this is what I was going to suggest. But you beat me to it. I looked at one yesterday at Dicks that was on slae for me and my son. It had a blind wrapped around it and a roof on it. It was on sale for $200.
    Normally runs 300.

Scream Eagle® treestands Test Loads

"We have tested the stand to over 4000 pounds…no other stand can hold that kind of weight!" from web site.

www.e-screamingeagle.com/plain-eagle.htm.

I don't know about stands and would really like them to provide more info but, the weight limit of a *ladder* is the amount of weight one rung can support. Take that and try and figure it into a stand. I'd say that the load limit of a stand is the amount the base can hold and possibly what each rung can hold on a ladder stand.

With that rating in most things it's 1/3 the breaking point but I've heard stands use a 1/2 formula. In other words if a stand is rated at 500 the breaking point is 1000. I wouldn't try it though as I've seen way to many crumbled one being mine and I'm nowhere near the limit of mine. I wouldn't trust the stand and straps alone that come with one, just me.

Proud of you guys who are now advocating some people are better off staying on the ground. Some things just need said, no offense. If we don't police ourselves someone else will.

Here's a nice stand. Probably would take two men and a boy to set it up though.
    http://www.gorillatreestands.com/cms/node/74
    USUALLY THE HUNTERS THAT WERE NEVER ANY GOOD AT HUNTING WILL SHOOT A SPIKE.they just dont know any better and never will amount to anything .......sproulman
    I think meat hunters is another name for "Bad Hunter" or "Low Patience Hunter"....grfox
    Meat hunter=Don't have time/and or patience to hold out for mature buck.....173BC

Chippewa wedge loc stands... they can make a stand that holds any human hunter. 500 lbs. I believe...

Quote Originally Posted by ohhiitznik View Post
    Chippewa wedge loc stands... they can make a stand that holds any human hunter. 500 lbs. I believe...
    +1...they've got a couple of models that can handle that load!

Check'em out:

http://www.chippewawedgeloc.com/html/models.html
    '08 Mathews DXT...plus lots of other great stuff!!
    “It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.” V. Lombardi
    "Don't Blink...life goes faster than you think" K.C.
    Member - Maryland Bowhunters Society