a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: What are best socks on the market for extreme sweaty feet

What are best socks on the market for extreme sweaty feet

Whether summer or winter I'm on my feet all day at work or I'm outside playing my feet sweat all the time and I'm sick of cheap cotton socks that are always damp & stink when I take my shoes off, And yes I do wash my feet , What the options for socks out there .

Thanks,
    Russ

sweaty feet

Quote Originally Posted by noahsdad View Post
    Whether summer or winter I'm on my feet all day at work or I'm outside playing my feet sweat all the time and I'm sick of cheap cotton socks that are always damp & stink when I take my shoes off, And yes I do wash my feet , What the options for socks out there .

Thanks,
    Russ
    I will be watching this thread as I have the same problem with my feet sweating.
    Bowtech Prodigy Pro v Sword Centurion

Hey Russ, I too have the sweaty feet problem and what I have been doing the past few seasons is I apply gel Mennon unscented deoderant to my feet. Also use a thin sock with a thicker wool blend outersock. Wetness is a major contributor to cold feet so if you can cut down on the moisture you will be warmer.

Try antiperspirant

1) You can use antiperspirant on your feet. You can even get "prescription" antiperspirants from your doc. These do work.

2) As or socks, try coolmax or similar synthetics. I would stay away from merino wool. It's comfy by wears out pretty quick with regular usage.

3) Make sure your footwear is as breathable as possible, i.e. mesh > goretex, etc > leather.

Me also....

Go to the local bike shop and get some good bike riding ankle socks. Mine are Coolmax and some other materials. They can't be beat for wicking sweat. Then get some Covert Threads socks. I use the Rock/Sand socks for warm weather and ICE when the temps fall. I also only use 400 gram boots. That sock combo will save your feet!!!
    Alpine Fireball F1

Bargain Bin

My wife worked for podiatrists and i did not ask for sock type but i did ask about my feet sweating so bad and they recomended antiperspirant so now i buy one for my pits and one for my feet!

Darn tough coolmax

Underarmour's

Not sure if they will eliminate your sweaty feet but they will help it. Also your footwear needs to be able to breath. Washing the foot pad inside your boots also will help. (once they get saturated with sweat it doesn't take much the next time)
    FOB'n everything in sight
    GT500 29/78 Limbdriver, HHA 5519, Paradigm SOS, Paradigm CTA, TightSpot quiver...
    Victory Arrows, PROLINE Custom Strings! Grim Reaper Razortips leading the way
    Long Draw Outfitters Jackson Hole, Wyoming

Quote Originally Posted by 458win View Post
    Darn tough coolmax

Underarmour's

Not sure if they will eliminate your sweaty feet but they will help it. Also your footwear needs to be able to breath. Washing the foot pad inside your boots also will help. (once they get saturated with sweat it doesn't take much the next time)
    Hunting in S. Florida during the summer you sweat, A LOT. I also wear gore-tex boots, so I do sweat a lot. I was very dissapointed (to say the least) with the underarmour sox. I could take them off and ring them out. In fact I had to carry a spare set to change out after awhile.

I bought scentlok socks (the green ones) and man they are great! Off the top of my head I do not know what they are made out of but I'm super happy with them.

got to agree with the underarmour socks, they feel great inside any boots i wear when active.

probably worth investing in a boot rack that lets you store your boots sole-up, too.

X-Scent socks work the best for me, but still looking for something better. At work, I have two pairs of work shoes, and wear one pair one day then the other the next.

For hunting, I spray my feet with Primos Silver XP before I go out, and wear the X-scent socks and spray my boots with XP. It has made a big difference, but haven't found a cure. Tried Quaternary Ammonium disinfectant on feet every day, didn't seem to help, hydrogen peroxide on feet every day, helped a little. I guess I need to take 2 months off and go barefoot in the salt water. I bet that would fix it.

Slowhandstl

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    1) You can use antiperspirant on your feet. You can even get "prescription" antiperspirants from your doc. These do work.

2) As or socks, try coolmax or similar synthetics. I would stay away from merino wool. It's comfy by wears out pretty quick with regular usage.
    3) Make sure your footwear is as breathable as possible, i.e. mesh > goretex, etc > leather.
    I love my merino wool socks. They are the best I have found for staying dry and as odor free as possible. I do agree they wear out a little quicker.
    Hoyt Pro Comp Elite, Stan, Sureloc, Stabilized by Steve in AZ, Easton X23
    Hoyt AM 32 TT drop away, Stan Shoot off, GT 5575, Rage 2 blade, Fuse Carbon Blade
    Green Mile Outdoors Staff "Like" us on Facebook!!

Cotton is the absolute worst sock you can wear. Wool is awesome and also very comfortable. It will stay warm even when wet and it will wick moisture away from your skin. Wool also works in hot weather. Try these companies:

SmartWool --- my favorite - https://www.smartwool.com/default.cfm

Woolology: https://www.smartwool.com/woolology/

Thorlo
    Fox River
    Cabelas
    REI
    Hoyt Maxxis 35, 27" 60-70lbs

Definitely get rid of the cotton. Then your best bet for comfort and keeping your feet dry is to wear a thin liner sock made of some sort of poly material (thermax, polypropylene, etc), then wear a wool or wool blend sock. There are many different thicknesses when it comes to wool socks, so choose accordingly for whatever activity you're doing.

When I'm elk hunting I wear some poly liner socks, then my Merino wool blend socks. At the end of the day, my feet are comfortable and dry.
    2006 LH Bowtech Old Glory 70#, 32 1/2" draw, back to the Hostage rest, SH 7-pin Hunter, 500gr TR Crush 300 @ 285fps.
    2007 LH Bowtech Commander 60#, 32" draw, Limbdriver rest, BG 5-pin Flashpoint.
    2014 LH PSE Freak SP 70#, 32" draw, not set up yet.

I use Under Armour synthetic. The work great. Sprinkle a little monkey butt powder in your socks before you put them on. It works great.

http://www.archeryguru.blogspot.com

I am a forester and spend the bettr part of every day on my feet in all sorts of conditions from swamps to sand, flatlands to mountains. these are what I've found to work best for me:

1. Wear a polypropylene liner sock under a wool sock of the appropriate weight. Both will "wick" the sweat away from your feet.
    2. Keep at least TWO pairs of work boots and alternate the days on which you wear them. (Yes, I know that good boots are expen$ive, but its cheaper than repeat visits to the Doc.)
    3. Anti Monkey Butt powder in your liner socks (DON'T use too much.)

I work for a running store, our #1 seller is a brand called Balega.

bowhunters73 Guest
    my feet do the same sweet and then get cold like other people have said good sock and try some foot powder

Sweaty feet

Former forester and logger here. My feet sweat whne I huke and get cold when I stop. Anti perspirant helps, foot powder can help, poly pro sock liners and merino wool help a lot with dryness and warmth. Consider not wearing Gore Tex boots. Like a big plastic bag onyour feet. Change into dry socks mid day. Breathable boots in warm weather, socks that wick moisture away from you feet.
    08 Mathews Drenalin, 60-70lb, 29" 422 gr 340 Easton Axis N-Fused, 2" Blazer vanes @ 67 lbs, 279 FPS, 73 lbs KE, 100 gr G5 Striker Broadheads, Trophy Taker FC Fall Away Rest, Black Gold Flashpoint Extreme 5 pin Sight

walmart sells sock liners in there sock section. wanna stay cheap, steal a pair of your female companions nylon stockings. No, fishnets dont work. Nylon is breathable and will work as a liner and keep your feet warm. I havent tried this as I can get my head into wearing nylon, but some guys do what they have to. Wife told me about her ex that used this method.... ALso silk makes a good liner as well.