Thread: Toughest broadhead?

Question Toughest broadhead?

So I am going to buy another bow soon. I am thinking either a Monster, the AlphaBurner or the Destroyer 350. No matter what bow I choose it's going to shoot 29" 340 FMJ's with either a 100 grain head or a 125 grainer. The finished weights are 100gr tip (472gr) and 125gr tip (497gr). The Monster will throw the 497's at 292fps and the AlphaBurner throws them at 282fps. I haven't been able to shoot the Destroyer with those arrows over a chronograph, but I am guessing from the speeds I was getting with 420 grain arrows, it will be right there somewhere. Anyway, out of the Monster that ends up like at 94 or 95 ft/lbs of energy and the AlphaBurner is right at 88 ft/lbs. So I am thinking that I need to reassess my broadhead choices to find something that is going to hold up to that beating. That is where you guys come in, lol, the only thing I don't want is a short head with a steep blade angle. Other than that, whatever is going to work. Thanks in advance.

I beat the snot out of my slick trick mags this year and only had to change a few blades.

Quote Originally Posted by japple View Post
    I beat the snot out of my slick trick mags this year and only had to change a few blades.
    2nd that you won't beat the toughness of those blades. I just sharpen mine with my Lansky & they are better than new.
    12 Carbon Element Whisker Biskit,Truglo Range Rover,Cabelas Stalker Extreme 55/75 ,Slick Tricks, 65 lb
    Nature's Essence Pro Staff

do you want a COC or with a steel tip?

COC, the Hunor Sliver BH is very nice & strong,,sweet .065 THK bladde, thats hard to beat, its almost twice as thick as other BH blades

heres the Hunor next to s SF XL

the Silver flame is 1 7/8's while the Hunor is 1 1/8, the SF has a thinner blade, both fly well
    Hunors are about 40 bucks for a pack of 3.
    Not as smart or as good looking as punch master but I charge 1/4 of what he does & I take coupons

Magnus Snuffer SS 100gn. as tough as they get! Thats a 4in. piece of steel, shot at 60 yards, it destroyed the arrow and the bh but it looks like the Snuffer wanted to keep on going.
    With every critter I have takin with a Snuffer, if I do my part at the shot the Snuffer SS works great everytime.

slick trick mags...unless you pound a rock the point is near indestructible
    got a buddy who uses Snuffers on hogs and swears by them
    tricks just fly better in my setup
    "Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you will help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Defending MY "right" to eat the bodies of nonhuman victims of violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey375 View Post
    Anyway, out of the Monster that ends up like at 94 or 95 ft/lbs of energy

So I am thinking that I need to reassess my broadhead choices to find something that is going to hold up to that beating.
    I have that kind of energy with my 70lb bow, and I use the same kind of BH's as I would out of my 60lb bow with no difference in how they hold up. I would make my BH choices based on what I was shooting them at, not how much energy the bow is putting out.
    2006 LH Bowtech Old Glory 70#, 32 1/2" draw, back to the Hostage rest, SH 7-pin Hunter, 500gr TR Crush 300 @ 285fps.
    2007 LH Bowtech Commander 60#, 32" draw, Limbdriver rest, BG 5-pin Flashpoint.
    2014 LH PSE Freak SP 70#, 32" draw, not set up yet.

I have to disagree about the slick tricks. The ferals are tough as nails. The blades are not weak but I can't call them super tough either.

I've only shot one deer with them, but one blade broke. The arrow had about 60 foot pounds of KE and hit a rib at 10 yards. The there is also a break in one blade on a head I use for practice. Granted my practice blade have taken some serious abuse, one cut the steel band on my Block and one hit a tree.

Slick tricks are super accurate and tough. But I can't believe there isn't something tougher out there.

Thumbs up Hellrazor / G5

i think these are very tough. I shot one thru the front shoulder of a deer and it looks perfect! I shoot a monster but not getting quite the ke but then again only 27.5 draw and 60#'s.

as for mechanicals you cant beat the G5 Tekans
    "Catch us if you can" Mathews Monter Social Club Member - Team #4 Gobbler Getters
    Blackout Mathews Monster 29/70 -Sword Apex 3rd Plane - Goldtip Ultralight 300 - Blazer Minis 1.5" - Carter 3D 2000 - Posten Stabilization - Battledrum Wraps - G5 Tekan - 330 fps / 94 ft.lbs. of K.E.