a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Polaris Ranger EV vs Bad Boy XT

Quote Originally Posted by Huntertrey View Post
    I've had my Polaris EV for 4mths now!! This is not a golf cart!!! It is an awesome vehicle!! It will go anywhere other ATVs will go. Have not even used the winch yet and this has been one of the rainiest winters we have had in Mississippi. Any questions you have i will try to answer!! But im extremely happy with mine!!! Cant wait till turkey season!!!!!!
    Where did you end up buying the EV? My dad lives in Jackson, MS and is 85 years old. He loves hunting but he can't walk as far as he used to. We are currently using Sportsman 500's but would like to get an electric for him.

Smile Joe

Joe,
    That is great to know about BBB vs. Polaris EV. Having never driven the BBB, I could only speculate. You have the facts. That's also a great point on gas vs electric for working. It would be terrible to drop over $10,000 and be disappointed in the working ability of electric.
    Have you used a snow blade on your gas Ranger? Is power steering a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1 View Post
    Joe,
    That is great to know about BBB vs. Polaris EV. Having never driven the BBB, I could only speculate. You have the facts. That's also a great point on gas vs electric for working. It would be terrible to drop over $10,000 and be disappointed in the working ability of electric.
    Have you used a snow blade on your gas Ranger? Is power steering a big deal?
    I had a 500 Ranger 6X6 with a snow blade. And it really pushed some snow for what it is. I've never put a blade on a 4x4, but one could only assume they wouldn't do quite as well. Just keep in mind the blades on these atv's are shorter than what's on trucks. If your getting a lot of snow these wouldn't do nearly as well as a truck balde. Here in Indiana we don't get too much snow in comparison to what other parts of the country sees.

ranger

I tested a 2010 Ranger with power steering and it was sweet. I never put a plow on my Ranger because I have a blade for my tractor. If anyone is planning on using an electric vehicle to plow and turn up the soil, I think they will be disappointed in any of the current electric models.

I got mine at Hattiesburg Cycle. Dealerships got limited numbers of them. I had a deposit on mine since august last year.

Im interested to see which hunting personalities end up using the EV?? I reallly dont think they will need any actors to sell this thing!!

ttt
    1960 Bear Grizzly 48@28"/Spigarelli BB 25" w/ SF Ultimate Pro medium limbs 40# @ 28"/2013 Wes Wallace Mentor 46@ 28"/Dave Miller "Old Mahoning" hybrid longbow 46@ 28"/DAS Dalaa 21" w/SF Premium Carbon 46# @ 28"

What is a hunt VE somebody posted never heard of it

Smile Ev

Our dealer said the EV model was in very limited supply. He test drove them in Minnesota last year and they told him then he could only get one this year. He said he begged and pleaded and got three so far. They sold 137 Rangers last year. Business is obviously good, in spite of the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by madbower View Post
    I had a 500 Ranger 6X6 with a snow blade. And it really pushed some snow for what it is. I've never put a blade on a 4x4, but one could only assume they wouldn't do quite as well. .

I have a plow on my Kawasaki Teryx and it moves snow like a champ. Makes short work of the all the neighbors drives.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Fan View Post
    I have a plow on my Kawasaki Teryx and it moves snow like a champ. Makes short work of the all the neighbors drives.
    Don't get me wrong, i'm sure 4x4's push very well. But those 6x6's are a freak of nature! I never got it stuck in snow or mud and i really tried a couple times. Of course anything can get stuck, if ones tries hard enough. The bad on 6x6's is the turning radius, and more moving parts, 2 extra tires. All equalling more money to maintain properly. But if anyone had some real nasty places to go through, consider a 6x6. But overall practicality would def. be with a 4x4.

Which is why we traded our 6x6 in for a crew cab 4x4 700. This thing has a lot of storage under the front seat, tilt steering, speedo, trip, and electronic fuel guage. It turns tighter than the 6x6 even with the longer wheelbase. And the power is smooth and ample. Plus it's camo, always a cool thing.

Those Crews are pretty sweet! Way to long for my use.....at least without throwing a chainsaw along for the ride, my property is way to tight. The ability to haul people/gear and still tow a hefty load is pretty darn impressive though! My neighbor has a 6x6 Polaris Ranger and it has been a great machine for his needs. He doesnt plow with it, but he does use it regularly for work around his place. He hauls an impressive load of firewood with it that is for sure!

lsev

go to stealth4x4.com and check out the stealth.

Smile Ev

Huntertrey,
    Hey, any new adventures with your EV? Have you tested how much weight you can tow or beat any gas models in hills or mud? Also, were you saying the $10,900 in camo included all those extras?(winch, etc) Thanks!

Well, I just got back from a weekend turkey hunting with my new EV. Everyone at camp was very impressed. We drove right up on turkeys in this buggy. High mode really has nice speed and low mode will go through some slick stuff. I made it through a spot that my buddies bad boy buggy had to winch out of. Quiet with good range and great power. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Mine did not come with any extras like a winch.

Smile Yep

I kinda figured you could beat the Bad Boy with the EV, probably was easy. Even the BBB could beat my golf car, so I like them all. I'm just dreaming and getting free endorphins from all this discussion from you guys that now have them. I see them already going for about $8400 used on ebay. I think about 100 hours on them, maybe demos up in Minnesota. Must be some huge dealer up there.
    It would be neat to hear how your EV's are doing against their gasoline counterparts. Even if they don't always win, they will probably always be much more quiet. It will take some kind of muffler system on gas machines to win that battle.
    Keep it going guys and thanks!

Thanks for all the good info on here. I should be picking up an EV in less than 2 weeks. I will post some photos and HD video. I currently have a 2000 Magnum 500 and will do some comparisons.

Used it at a freind's camp last weekend. They have really good roads so it was more about range. one swampy area it did great in. Had no issues. Rode for about 3 hrs on and off scouting. ran up on all kinds of game from deer to quail!!! I really like it for what I use it for!!!! i will be chasing the thunder chickens at my camp again this weekend. Ill let you know. I will see if i can get some video.

Do you like to run it on high most of the time? I worry about battery life if I run it in high constantly. I have not used it enough to see how much difference it makes (high vs max range mode) to the batteries.

Me either. I switch it depending on the terrain. range not an issue yet 4 me!!

Also, I started a Polaris Ranger EV owners group in the social group section. Sign up now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntertrey View Post
    Also, I started a Polaris Ranger EV owners group in the social group section. Sign up now!!!
    Great idea! Hope to be on there in a couple weeks.

Smile free testing

You guys obviously need a good place to test your machines in the mud and hills. Now as luck would have it, we have hills and it has been raining this week here in Indiana...especially right where I live. All you have to do is bring your machines and we will try them out!!!
    I have not talked to the wife yet, but I feel sure we can offer free storage year round and particularly during the hunting season!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1 View Post
    You guys obviously need a good place to test your machines in the mud and hills. Now as luck would have it, we have hills and it has been raining this week here in Indiana...especially right where I live. All you have to do is bring your machines and we will try them out!!!
    I have not talked to the wife yet, but I feel sure we can offer free storage year round and particularly during the hunting season!
    Now thats a prime example of the generousity us Hoosiers have! Good work Phantom.

Smile uh-huh

I do what I can....still waiting on participants...what's up with that?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast