Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Polaris Ranger EV vs Bad Boy XT

Smile

Alright Trey! Getting stuck is a good step. You never know what they'll do, until you go too far. Do you think other side by sides (gas or electric) would have made it? How about a quad?
    What are your upcoming tests?....thanks!

Tough to compare ATV's etc.. due to difference in weight of the two. As far as electrics all would have gotten stuck. My buddie and I both agreed with better tires it would not have gotten stuck. This thing pulls hard and will get you muddy!!!!

i like them both, there both really nice

It doesn't really matter what any of us think, get what you want. I looked at a few and chose the Kaw. Teryx, For me I was looking for a little more speed and ride, The BBB might have it's pluses, but where I go isn't my own private property like Lee & Tiffany..LOL

Smile Teryx

Glockman,
    That is a beautiful machine! Nice picture too with that white background against the red paint. It kind of looks like it is in between a Ranger and Rhino in design. Kawasaki makes some powerful engines. Thanks for posting!

Smile Ev

Come on you EV owners, how about some bragging on what your EV will do!!! How many thousand pounds are you towing? Super steep hill climbing? After dropping that kind of money, you gotta be proud of those machines!

hills

Well the EV has been getting a real workout in NE Iowa. Between mushroom hunting and turkey hunting it has done a great job. Haven't been stuck yet, but we are going Turkey Hunting in the morning and we have had about 2 inches of rain over night.

Smile Stories

Labman, I am sure many of us would love to hear what those machines will do, I know I would. I'm just dreaming, they are out of my price range, but dreaming is half the fun.

Smile Electric rides?

Well it's Memorial Day weekend, surely some of you guys are hooking onto some logs for campfire wood and trying to drag them up hill, in the mud. Can the electrics do it?

Orange County, NY (Future Iowa Resident!)
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1 View Post
    Well it's Memorial Day weekend, surely some of you guys are hooking onto some logs for campfire wood and trying to drag them up hill, in the mud. Can the electrics do it?
    Yes any more updates on the Polaris Ranger EV?

Bought my EV several weeks ago and put 22 hours on it during 2 weeks of turkey season. First time I took the EV out I sneaked up on 2 strutting gobblers at 75 yards. It handled the mud extremely well...can't wait until bow season starts in less than 4 months!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightforce View Post
    Bought my EV several weeks ago and put 22 hours on it during 2 weeks of turkey season. First time I took the EV out I sneaked up on 2 strutting gobblers at 75 yards. It handled the mud extremely well...can't wait until bow season starts in less than 4 months!
    How well did the battery last during those 2 weeks of turkey hunting? Thanks for the update!

Smile power?

Yes, how about that battery life. And what kind of mud did you take on? Plus, what kind of grade on a steep hill can you climb? Pulling and hauling heavy loads yet....how heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by rebbie View Post
    How well did the battery last during those 2 weeks of turkey hunting? Thanks for the update!
    Most of the time I would get about 1.9 to 2.1 hours of use with the EV being set to maximum range mode and 2 wheel drive mode 90% of the time...if you used the high mode for let's say 10 minutes straight then you would notice the battery indicator light decreasing more rapidly. I think I am up to my 30th charge now and I've noticed an increase in the distances I can travel. Only 1 time did I get the battery indicator to about 20% left. I've driven about 23-25 miles on 1 charge a couple of times.

Most of the time I would get about 1.9 to 2.1 hours of use with the EV being set to maximum range mode and 2 wheel drive mode 90% of the time...if you used the high mode for let's say 10 minutes straight then you would notice the battery indicator light decreasing more rapidly. I think I am up to my 30th charge now and I've noticed an increase in the distances I can travel. Only 1 time did I get the battery indicator to about 20% left. I've driven about 23-25 miles on 1 charge a couple of times.
    Thanks for the update! It does sound tempting, but I would need a lot more than 2 hours and 25 miles out of a single charge. Just would not last long enough for me. I wish you the best of luck with your Ranger EV, and keep us updated! Thanks again for info!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1 View Post
    Yes, how about that battery life. And what kind of mud did you take on? Plus, what kind of grade on a steep hill can you climb? Pulling and hauling heavy loads yet....how heavy?
    I haven't had to pull any heavy loads yet. 4 of us hunted from the EV a few times and the guys in the cargo box couldn't believe how smoothly it went through the mud holes and over logs. I wish I had mounted 1 of my video cameras to the front brushguard when I first used it. The mud and water was at its highest. At the end of turkey season I put a Canon camera on the front and recorded going through some mud holes. Unfortunately it wasn't as muddy. I've had water just up to the floorboard on a couple of occassions. I will post some video soon.
    The steepest hill on our property has only about a 45-50% incline. It had no problem in the high mode...maximum mode it couldn't make it. On regular trails the EV will not have any trouble going through about 4" mud. But I'm considering getting thicker tread tires for this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by rebbie View Post
    Thanks for the update! It does sound tempting, but I would need a lot more than 2 hours and 25 miles out of a single charge. Just would not last long enough for me. I wish you the best of luck with your Ranger EV, and keep us updated! Thanks again for info!
    The EV will travel up to 38 miles on a single charge but that is after the initial break-in time of about 40-50 charges and if you use it exclusively in the maximum mode...i have a friend also with an EV that has had it for 5 months now and that is the mileage he has achieved on a couple of test runs.

Smile Thank you!

That is very helpful information! Hope you hook up to some heavy loads and let us know how it does and on very steep hills.

Here's a video i just posted. Sorry that the quality is not the best. I will do an HD video in 3 weeks when i head back out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25N6uODXw1g

Smile Thanks Nightforce!

I will have to get to a high speed location and check it out(We live in the boondocks). Thanks for taking the time to film it and post it!

Here's a video i just posted. Sorry that the quality is not the best. I will do an HD video in 3 weeks when i head back out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25N6uODXw1g
    Great Video! Thanks for taking the time to post!

Smile Nightforce

Hey I saw that video and thanks for taking the time to film it and post it! I can't wait to see you film some of the extreme mud and hills and see what that awesome machine will do. Even if you get stuck or stall out on an extreme hill or with an extreme load, it will be great to see what it takes to stop that thing!!!
    Keep us posted, we are all waiting watching!

I have a polaris four wheeler, and you can tell it's a quality macine,
    One thing to consider, if you die(run out of fuel/elec.) out in the middle of a field, you can go get a gallon of gas pretty easilly, what do you do if you run out of juice though? take back a set of 4(not sure how many it runs on) 12V. batteries, run a lead cord out there to charge the batteries?

I wonder how well an argo would do?

buggy

check out stealth 4x4 electric vehicle

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast