Thread: Martin Cat Cam

Martin Cat Cam

Whats the back wall of the martin cat cam feel like. How adjustable is this cam to get the back wall to feel how you want it to. Is it a hard cam to time/tune? Give me some information on the cat cams if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by FredBear86 View Post
    Whats the back wall of the martin cat cam feel like. How adjustable is this cam to get the back wall to feel how you want it to. Is it a hard cam to time/tune? Give me some information on the cat cams if you can.
    1. It has a limb-->draw stop peg, so the back wall will be just about as hard as you'll find.

2. Very easy to TIME

3. I had a hell of a time tuning mine...couldn't even get close to advertised speed out of my 08 Firecat, and that was with considerable experimenting. From what I understand, the new ones are a bit nicer and easier to reach advertised speeds.
    Ron Paul

2008 Hoyt Katera XL in Inferno
    2008 Hoyt Katera XL in APG Camo

Cherry hit it! It is a very user friendly cam to adjust feel,and the wall of course will be solid as they come. Mine too was a real pain to tune for performance,it shoots dead nuts but speed is lacking. Might have it super tuned this year by someone. Everyone will tell you there is a bunch of tuning info avialable,maybe but i cant really understand it myself. My local pro shop messed with it for a couple hours and really didn't get much to change.
    2010 Elite judge,QAD ,montana flashpoint sight ,beman MFX arrows,G5 Striker's. LIFE MEMBER- Coalition to ban coalitions

cat cams

http://http://www.archerytalk.com/vb...d.php?t=626601CATS are awsome back wall is that a wall. completely adjustable to your feel. just do a search for CATcams and there is a verry good thread on tuning enjoy. check out the link
    hunting is not a matter of life and death its more important
    07 Martin pantera 29/74 nitrous C cams 426 gn arrow @295 fps Xtreme stabalizer TCArchery strings(hunting rig)
    07 Martin Slayer fitted with firecat limbs C>A>T> Cams 29/70 426 gn arrow 320 fps Xtreme stablizer TCArchery custome strings
    07 Martin Slayer 30/70 Nitrous C-cams Xthrough(nephews Bow)

what about the valley of the cam in regards to creeping. I tend to creep a lot because I dont pull hard into the wall. Is it gonna go and pull my arm off or can it be set to have some play?

what about the valley of the cam in regards to creeping. I tend to creep a lot because I dont pull hard into the wall. Is it gonna go and pull my arm off or can it be set to have some play?
    It can be adjusted for a wide valley or short or any where in between.
    Rytera Alien X
    Strother SX1
    Advantage Strings

Using the draw stop and adjusting the mods you can adjust this cam to have any feel you want really. If you want creep you will set the stop further down to get more of a valley. If you can spend some time at a shop with one trying different mod settings with in a inch or so of your drw length and move draw stop till you like it. A little on the draw stop goes a long way in adjusting the feel of the valley.
    2010 Elite judge,QAD ,montana flashpoint sight ,beman MFX arrows,G5 Striker's. LIFE MEMBER- Coalition to ban coalitions

Quote Originally Posted by ridgeline32 View Post
    http://http://www.archerytalk.com/vb...d.php?t=626601CATS are awsome back wall is that a wall. completely adjustable to your feel. just do a search for CATcams and there is a verry good thread on tuning enjoy. check out the link
    your link wont work, lets see if we can fix it

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=626601

thanks E thats the one i was wanting freddie read that thread thuroly it will tell you EVERYTHING!!!! you need to know about CATS MY SLAYER IS RIPPIN 296 WITH A 420 GR ARROW
    hunting is not a matter of life and death its more important
    07 Martin pantera 29/74 nitrous C cams 426 gn arrow @295 fps Xtreme stabalizer TCArchery strings(hunting rig)
    07 Martin Slayer fitted with firecat limbs C>A>T> Cams 29/70 426 gn arrow 320 fps Xtreme stablizer TCArchery custome strings
    07 Martin Slayer 30/70 Nitrous C-cams Xthrough(nephews Bow)