a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Hunting in Ohio

Hunting in Ohio

I know you Ohio guys are gonna chime in saying theres no good bucks in Ohio go somewhere else but I'm just looking for other places to hunt next year. I'm not looking to shoot the next world record just looking for more hunting experiences. Is there a lot of public land available close to the PA border? I know I have some research to do but I figured I'd ask here first. I'm up in Erie County so not very far from the border. Also do you guys have sunday hunting or antler restrictions?
    Thanks in Advance.

www.ohiodnr.com click on the link and type in public hunting in the search bar.It will tell you everything you need to know.
    Mathews Switchback XT
    SlickTrick 100 Grain Magnums

Quote Originally Posted by raylandarcher View Post
    www.ohiodnr.com click on the link and type in public hunting in the search bar.It will tell you everything you need to know.
    Thanks. Also please feel free to PM me if you dont want to post on my thread.

Our growing softness, our increasing lack of physical fitness, is a menace to our security.
    John F. Kennedy

Yes we have Sunday hunting and NO we do not have any antler restrictions. As far as public hunting I would check out the DNR website

I've never had a problem helping others

Ohio is a great place to hunt. The OTC tags are cheap compared to others, there is a TON of public land, and oodles of deer.

Email me anytime i'll do my best to help
    Arrow wraps ----> bowmanhunter.com--**AUTHORIZED RHINO BLINDS DEALER**
    If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.
    I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
    God said, "No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary

Quote Originally Posted by bowmanhunter View Post
    I've never had a problem helping others

Ohio is a great place to hunt. The OTC tags are cheap compared to others, there is a TON of public land, and oodles of deer.

Email me anytime i'll do my best to help

I was just looking at the dnr website. it that right $125 for nr plus $25 for deer tag? Thats looking pretty good compared to 750 for a iowa tag.
    ENJOYING LIFE @ FULLDRAW

Quote Originally Posted by mikedgates View Post
    I was just looking at the dnr website. it that right $125 for nr plus $25 for deer tag? Thats looking pretty good compared to 750 for a iowa tag.
    Yes that is correct

Your license costs more than us, but you pay the same for the tags as we do. Doe tags are $15.00
    Arrow wraps ----> bowmanhunter.com--**AUTHORIZED RHINO BLINDS DEALER**
    If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.
    I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
    God said, "No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary

Quote Originally Posted by bowmanhunter View Post
    Yes that is correct

Your license costs more than us, but you pay the same for the tags as we do. Doe tags are $15.00
    I going come out and shoot some does
    ENJOYING LIFE @ FULLDRAW

Never understood why people would pay that much more for smaller deer. oh well

sunday hunting yes

Quote Originally Posted by LXhuntinPA View Post
    I know you Ohio guys are gonna chime in saying theres no good bucks in Ohio go somewhere else but I'm just looking for other places to hunt next year. I'm not looking to shoot the next world record just looking for more hunting experiences. Is there a lot of public land available close to the PA border? I know I have some research to do but I figured I'd ask here first. I'm up in Erie County so not very far from the border. Also do you guys have sunday hunting or antler restrictions?
    Thanks in Advance.
    what are antler restrictions lol... btw, no Buckeye worth his salt would say there are no good bucks here... just my $.02 good luck with yer buckeye buck

ttt

I going come out and shoot some does
    Shoot'em quick. The tags are only good until gun season which starts in a couple weeks. Of course $24 any deer tags are not a bad deal either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary in Ohio View Post
    Shoot'em quick. The tags are only good until gun season which starts in a couple weeks. Of course $24 any deer tags are not a bad deal either.

well I thinking next year.
    ENJOYING LIFE @ FULLDRAW

I'm looking at this option too.
    2 much foam in my yard 2 get anything done.

Look into Aep Land

American Electric power has a ton of land in Ohio. I know some guys that use to go out every year and hunt the aep land. They did pretty well. There is aep land all over so Im sure some is better then others. Its a place to start.

ttt

ttt...Had some plans for hunting in Illinois this year but had a string of bad luck and can no longer go. So I'm going to try and find some land in Eastern Ohio to hunt on. Just looking to arrow an extra deer or two.

anyone out there? You dont have to give out your honey holes I'm just looking for alittle help.
    Thanks

Ohio is a great state.
    Nuff Said

ttt

theres no good bucks in Ohio go somewhere else

if you present yourself as a trustworthy person, a handshake and dinner for the farmer and his wife can work for you
    if your young, with a hitler tatoo on your forehead.....go to michigan....lol
    WHITETAILS, WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF
    CLOSE SHOT ARTIST

PSE AXE7--PSE DNA

I met up with a fellow on here and he showed us a few places in Gallia county. There is a TON of land over there and it is thick. We plan on making a trip over this fall and do some hunting. I wish I could help you but i'm in the same boat as you LOL. Right now would be the time to go over and do some scouting. I would go quick though the leaves are coming out quick and it will be hard to find sign after the greenup. Good luck!
    Hoyt Faktor 30 Blackout -70lbs-28.5 DL-305 FPS
    DeerCrossingArchery ~Use XPO10 for 10% off DCA orders!~
    XtremePursuitOutdoors

thanks for the help guys. Like I said I'm just trying to arrow an extra deer