Thread: Anyone hunt Jubilee Collage State Park ILL

Anyone hunt Jubilee Collage State Park ILL

Was told this is a hot spot for bowhunting by some guys I meet at a shoot .. One guy said his brother travels out there..It sounded a little fishy to me dont you have to draw a tag for that? Thanks.

60 X Custom strings.
    Waterfowl: Foiles Migrators, Final Approach Decoys.

The parks not to far from here and I've known a lot of guys that have hunted there. They have a LOT of deer but they've also had a lot of hunting pressure there the last couple seasons, especially since they allow firearm hunting now.
    An "archer" tries to see how far away he can get from his target and still connect. A "BOWHUNTER" tries to see how CLOSE he can get to his.

is that a draw area ? I just found this on the DNR site.. Approximately 1400 acres are available for hunting. Hunters are required to register at the check station. Deer and turkey hunting is bow and arrow only, although shotgun can be used for other game. Contact the park office for information and species, hunting times and dates. For more information see Hunter Fact Sheet
    60 X Custom strings.

It's not a draw area, if you buy an IL tag then all you have to do is sign in and you're good to go.
    An "archer" tries to see how far away he can get from his target and still connect. A "BOWHUNTER" tries to see how CLOSE he can get to his.

There are a ton of deer out there & lots of very nice bucks, also as mentioned, there is a ton of hunting pressure there even bow season.
    There is a bow only area there also, if you can find where the deer are & the hunters aren't I have seen some absolute Monsters taken out of there.
    I used to live 15 minutes away from there.

There is a parking lot on the south side where the sign in box is that's all you have to do.

From what others have told me, I haven't hunted it in a few years, but my buddies tell me it can be absolutley nuts with how ******ed people are out there hunting.

My cousin was in a ground blind last Nov & let a doe walk by him & 30 seconds later some guy was running & screaming towards the doe with a knife in his hand.
    Like he was rambo or something.

Good luck lots of great deer there, same county Mel Johnsons buck was killed in.

I live about 5 min from Jubilee and have hunted there quite a bit over the last 3 years. The hunting is pretty good but the numbers have been cut down alot since it opened the whole park to hunting. it used to be just 1100 acres now it is a little over 3000, with alot of hardwood timber creek bottoms and ag fields. it is about as prime a hunting ground as you will find around here but has been extensively pressured over the last 3 years. PM me if you have any specific questions i would help you out if i can.
    Highstand
    Bear Motive 7
    stay calm pick a spot

bowjoe1972 did you happen to hunt other public ground this year for a week around around november 13th by chance? if so did you help me and a buddy drag a deer?

just curious because there are 6 PA guys who come to that county each fall and i have wondered if they are on archerytalk.
    Prime Centroid 62lbs
    GT Velocities 300's Rage 125 Extremes
    Owner of: Foerster's Meat and Mounts
    Ask about our euro mounts

my cousin hunts there all the time

i hunted there opening weekend, didn't see anything but still had a good time

Quote Originally Posted by kevinfoerster View Post
    bowjoe1972 did you happen to hunt other public ground this year for a week around around november 13th by chance? if so did you help me and a buddy drag a deer?

just curious because there are 6 PA guys who come to that county each fall and i have wondered if they are on archerytalk.
    If you have a nice place for me to hunt then yes..LOL.. Sorry was not me but if you take me I would be glad to drag your deer... I would really like to hunt other states having 1 buck tag for Pa stinks I still wanna bowhunt...
    60 X Custom strings.

i would say jubilee college state park is your best bet for public ground.
    Prime Centroid 62lbs
    GT Velocities 300's Rage 125 Extremes
    Owner of: Foerster's Meat and Mounts
    Ask about our euro mounts