Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: archers mark

Quote Originally Posted by JawsDad View Post
    But, on the good side, at least now I can try out the Archers Mark..
    Best of luck to you, it's a great little computer that also has a pretty good phone attached.

If you have any questions or problems with AM, please post them here or send me a PM.

Happy Holidays.

I just truly joined the dark side... Forget all the talk of Mathews vs. Hoyt vs Bowtech vs. Martin vs. Elite vs. etc etc etc...

I just truly went over.. WAY OVER.. For Christmas I got an iPhone.

I've been a Microsoft guy for years. Be it, user, developer, fanboy, you name it.. I was it. But, I've succumbed to the fact that the iPhone is the better smartphone on the market. I still carry my Crackberry for work but, for the most part, the iPhone does kick it's arse..

But, on the good side, at least now I can try out the Archers Mark..
    I'm tellin ya, I seriously think the iPhone is one if the best things I have ever bought. I'm never bored anymore
    Shooting: it's what you should be doing instead of reading this.

On Droid

Guys,

For reasons I don't want to go into here, I ended up spending several hours yesterday in a Verizon store. It gave me time to talk with several techs that owned the Droid. With each one I asked the most important question, have you ever BOUGHT an app for your Droid? They all shared the same scary answer, NO. This is why we're not considering doing anything on the Blackberry as well. These two groups of users have not yet felt comfortable making the leap in trust to begin buying apps.

I get several mobile newsletters and as such we'll continue to follow how the other two stores are doing. If/when their users begin to trust those stores and spend money then we'll seriously consider investing in developing AM for those platforms.

--Scott

One dot twelve (1.12)

Yesterday afternoon Apple released Archer's Mark 1.12 as a free upgrade for all customers who purchased a prior version. This version resolves the remaining bugs reported by users. We also improved user input validation so you can no longer enter grossly invalid marks or cut angles.

Thank you all for your support, and here's to hoping we shoot all Xs in the new year.

--Scott

Build it for the BlackBerry and they will come!
    Matt Tebbutt

B-Stinger Stabilization
    Hinky Strings

Quote Originally Posted by Moparmatty View Post
    Build it for the BlackBerry and they will come!
    Ditch the blackberry.. Trust me, you don't know what you're missing.. And you have no idea how much it pains me to give Apple credit for ANYTHING.. It almost makes me want to chop off my fingers for typing it..

Ditch the blackberry.. Trust me, you don't know what you're missing.. And you have no idea how much it pains me to give Apple credit for ANYTHING.. It almost makes me want to chop off my fingers for typing it..
    AT&T's signal is poo! Thats the only reason I dont have one. I love my BB but I have been looking at the Droid, not sure about it though. I have the IPOD touch and never even downloaded an app on it.

What Vince said.....the only good thing about the iphone is all the apps.....AT&Ts service SUCKS. Round these parts Verizon is King for service....
    HDI Staff Director....It's indoor season....is your bow treated with Phase Inhibitor?

Scott Archery CBE Feather Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    What Vince said.....the only good thing about the iphone is all the apps.....AT&Ts service SUCKS. Round these parts Verizon is King for service....
    Same thing here...what good is an iPhone if it doesn't work anywhere?!?!
    Just put it in the middle and shoot!

Guess we're lucky around here. I carry a Verizon and AT&T device. I get the same service with both.. My Sprint device really sucked, that's why it became Verizon to begin with..

But you're right, the apps make the phone. Unfortunately, BB just hasn't embraced the App world as much. To a large degree, that's probably due to corporate control. Since RIM developed BB for the corporate world initially, BB's tied into servers are controlled a lot more tightly then other smartphones.

I started doing BB development on an app for my company. I just found that it's just not the best environment to develop all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.Barrett View Post
    AT&T everywhere here so it's a no brainer. I had a bb and the iPhone blows it away for ME!

Anyways, I got to use the program today finally and it's really cool! I got a 20 and 70 set, and it was accurate all the way to 88(as far as I can get).

Really neat and will definately be handy to have!!!
    Shooting: it's what you should be doing instead of reading this.

Archery Magazine (Dec/Jan)

This months issue, in mailboxes today, has a article titled "Archery. There's an App for That!" on page 27. It covers AM as well as several other programs for scoring, info and games.

If you don't get Archery Magazine, the article is here:
    http://www.ffxcorp.com/am/ArcheryMagazineDecJan2010.pdf

Enjoy!

Good write up Scott

I got mine yesterday. The mag looks great by the way for those that haven't gotten it yet or either haven't looked at.....
    HDI Staff Director....It's indoor season....is your bow treated with Phase Inhibitor?

I went and got a Droid....so when can I get a Droid version?????
    Just put it in the middle and shoot!

Droid version

I went and got a Droid....so when can I get a Droid version?????
    We'd love to have a version for Android, especially given Google's announcement today of their new "Google" branded iPhone Killer.

Android support is on our list, but we're not yet prepared to estimate when, sorry.

One thing I would like in this program is support for Larger Arrows.

I am currently shooting 2712 with 275gr points. AA shows my arrow weight around 706gr but max in AM is 500. Also the max dia is .4 and 2712 are .421.

Normally I shoot smaller arrows but I am practicing for Vegas. The reason I would like this support is after practicing for a while my 5 year old little girls loves walking the field range. So I take her and now walk up almost ever target to shoot around the 20yd mark. It would be nice to shoot stuff say 15-45 yards so I don't need to walk up on all the targets.

Thanks.

Larger arrow support

When we selected those parameters our mindset was outdoor arrows which are often thinner arrows.

We have a number of small fixes for 1.2 that have already been developed & tested. We'll bump both these arrow limits up and issue a new update soon. Thanks for the suggestion.

BowDad, one question, after gettin it this weekend and playing around a bit...

I shoot in my two marks, but I want to 'fine tune' along the way with additional marks... how do I do that? (are my new 'shot in marks' replacing my original 'long and short marks'?

There is not an option on the mark edit screen to change this to a 'shot in mark'.. this would be nice.

Oh, and thanks to the Archer's Mark team this weekend.. you guys are the best.. great seein ya'll and hope to see you all at the Hillbilly this year...

Great job on the program!!

Oh.. and Dad.. ya gotta change yer title to the "Some_X_Eddie Shootin Team" now, eh???

Shotin Marks within AM

In setup you're required to supply a near and far mark. We suggest 20 yards and 50 yards. These values can ONLY be changed within setup.

Additionally, if you go into edit on a row for a range smaller than your near mark range you can NOT make it a shot-in mark, if you were this would very likely screw up all the marks within parallax, hence this is not permitted.

AM supports a total of three additional shot-in marks on top of the two you use within setup. We figured most shooters would use 20 yards and 50 yards for setup. Establish another solid shot-in mark at 35 yards that they really trust and this would further "tune" all the marks from 20 through 50. They could then practice their 70 or 80 yard shot until they get a really sold mark here, add that as their second additional shot-in and this would give them a very robust marks curve.

If you really had time, and space, for giggles you could actually put another shot-in at say 110 yards and you'd have a fantastic curve.

Does this clarify things a bit?

It was great meeting you this weekend, and we'll very likely be shoot'n with Prag and Roz at the Hillbilly this year.

Thanks again for your support,
    Scott

First off, I LOVE ARCHERS MARK!! One less piece of equipment to carry around.

That being said a couple of concerns/suggestions, hope this is the spot.

1. When I use the clinometer or just insert the angle for say 50 yards when I return to the screen with the marks its all the way back on the top. Sure would be nice not to have to scroll all the way down to 50 again.

2. I would love to be able to create marks for other distances. For example real short stuff. Some of the novelty shots include 6 foot, 12 foot and 15 foot targets. I would love to be able to not have to refer to a cheat sheet.

Thanks for listening and great product.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by BowDadToo View Post
    In setup you're required to supply a near and far mark. We suggest 20 yards and 50 yards. These values can ONLY be changed within setup.

Additionally, if you go into edit on a row for a range smaller than your near mark range you can NOT make it a shot-in mark, if you were this would very likely screw up all the marks within parallax, hence this is not permitted.

AM supports a total of three additional shot-in marks on top of the two you use within setup. We figured most shooters would use 20 yards and 50 yards for setup. Establish another solid shot-in mark at 35 yards that they really trust and this would further "tune" all the marks from 20 through 50. They could then practice their 70 or 80 yard shot until they get a really sold mark here, add that as their second additional shot-in and this would give them a very robust marks curve.

If you really had time, and space, for giggles you could actually put another shot-in at say 110 yards and you'd have a fantastic curve.

Does this clarify things a bit?

It was great meeting you this weekend, and we'll very likely be shoot'n with Prag and Roz at the Hillbilly this year.

Thanks again for your support,
    Scott
    Scott,

Thanks for the explanation.. I think in my messin around, I was trying to enter a shorter than the 'shot in' short mark, now that I've played again, I can see that I do have the ability to add a few more 'shot in' marks beyond the short mark.. that was my confusion.

Great to meet you this weekend as well, you have all done an awesome job bringing this product to the Archery world.. thanks to all and hope you make it up for the Hillbilly.. it's like LAS on steroids...

Scott....it was great meeting and talking to you this weekend

Thanks for taking the time to talk and explain/answer my questions There will be an itouch in the quiver this summer for sure

after going back and reading some things last night and today....one thing I would recommend to give even more accurate marks...at least with my experience with the other programs....is to NOT use a 20yd mark as one of your marks. I usually use 30-40 yd and something in the 50-65 yd range. Reason being is that a shooters margin of error at 20yds is HUGE in comparison to say 30 or 40 yds. It will give you a much more accurate set of marks much faster without the need to "tweak" them much later if at all if you don't change something else in your tune.

Scott....it was great meeting and talking to you this weekend

Thanks for taking the time to talk and explain/answer my questions There will be an itouch in the quiver this summer for sure

after going back and reading some things last night and today....one thing I would recommend to give even more accurate marks...at least with my experience with the other programs....is to NOT use a 20yd mark as one of your marks. I usually use 30-40 yd and something in the 50-65 yd range. Reason being is that a shooters margin of error at 20yds is HUGE in comparison to say 30 or 40 yds. It will give you a much more accurate set of marks much faster without the need to "tweak" them much later if at all if you don't change something else in your tune.
    Or "if" you're going to use 20, but sure you're grouping the arrows in the X ring - not just the 5 ring.
    28 Targets - 112 Arrows
    In my book, the definition of
    "A Good Day"

after going back and reading some things last night and today....one thing I would recommend to give even more accurate marks...at least with my experience with the other programs....is to NOT use a 20yd mark as one of your marks.
    Scott is the best person to anwser this but if I remember correctly...
    ...the reason to use a 20yd as 1 (you can use 5 that generate the curve for all marks) of your 'shot-in' marks...
    is you cannot create a 'shot-in' mark at less distance than 20 yards...why?...the ballistics curve gets more complicated at short distance because of paralax. you would have to be spot-on to get a good mark...unfortunatly...not many of us are
    so the choice was to limit input on the short side.

a good set might include: 20yd, 30yd, 50yd, 65yd, 80yd...use these as shot-in marks to get your curve.

tune that apple well....and maybe get another release

Setup & Shot-in Marks

Brown Hornet, Macaholic is correct. You can NOT have a shot-in inside of the Near Mark you used for setup. So if you use say a 30yd and a 50yd and you find that your marks at 10-15yd are weak you've got no way to fix it.

Most bow/archer combinations see the marks curve reach it's lowest point at something like 11 yards due to parallax error. If I recall both TAP and AA suggest you use 20yd, and we've found through testing that if you can get a solid X grouping at 20 that mark will yield the best results for your near mark.

On the far mark some of our guys like 50 yards because they can comfortably build a nice grouping in the 5 ring at this point. On the other hand we've got Roz spending a considerable amount of time drilling Xs at 80yds for practice so his 80 marks is really strong. In testing he used a 20/80 combo which also produced nice results. This was prior to us supporting three additional shot-ins.

Unlike AA and TAP, the combination of two shot-ins in setup along with up to three additional shot-ins allows you to have a really robust marks curve if you can take the time to generate the necessary TRUSTWORTHY data points. As any kid in Algebra will tell you a curve with 5 data points will likely yield more accurate results then one built on two.

Thanks again for all your help and support.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast