Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on the Martin Firecat?

What are your thoughts on the Martin Firecat?

Is it a quality bow that would be considered a low maintence rig? Is the speed were its supposed to be? Would this bow make a good hunter as well as 3d rig? Tell me your thoughts on it please

Last edited by RxBowhunter; December 21st, 2009 at 01:58 PM.
    Hell yea I hunt those poor little deer I eat them too.
    highcountryarchery.net/ Yea they are back and making excellent bows!!!!!!!!
    I created the staggar back tuning method

Runner-up

I mostly hunt and shoot 3D. The Firecat is an excellent bow for both. Lightweight, fast, accurate with the best customer service but it is my second choice behind the Rytera (Martin) Alien X.

Great little slaved dual cam bow for the money! Not the quietest or smoothest shooting, but will hang fairly well with the big boys offerings for a whole lot less $. I personally prefer the Warthog and Alien for a few $ more, but there is nothing wrong with the FC if it fits you and your needs. I'd hold out for the 2010 model- there are some improvements to the cams to reduce lean, and serving wear.

I've had my Firecat since the summer of '08..I set it up then, and haven't touched it since. Used it for 3D and hunting.

Probably the best bang for the buck out there. I find mine very smooth and quiet.

Serge
    '10 Rytera Alien Z 29.5" 50-65lbs Black Riser, Camo limbs sweeeeet looking bow
    '12 Martin Onza III 29.5" 63 lbs, Skulz Riser Black limbs

thanks anyone else

I have to agree with all of the previous posts, great bow for the price, if you have the extra cash get the Alien. It's smoother, just as fast, quieter and just a nicer bow overall. I have owned a Fire Cat and really liked it but I LOVE my Alien!!!!
    Crackerized Alien-X 60# 28.5" 306 FPS, Gold Tip Pro 5575, 2" Blazers, Bowmanhunter Wraps, Whisker Biscuit , Lone Wolf Sit & Climb, HHA 5519 XL, Archery Innovations Anchor Sight, 100gr Epic XC3 Broadheads, Posten 10" Woodsman Stab, RedHDCharm Loop and Serving Material,

My biggest fear is that when I'm dead and gone My wife will sell my Archery Equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

What are your thoughts on the Martin Firce cat?

Quality wise and speed wise it is comparable to a lot of top end bows. The only problem I have with the FireCat is the 80% lefoff. With the Cat Cams that last little cam rollover, drop into the valley, is a little severe. Poundage set low letting down can be make you wonder when it's going to let down. Both of these is either personal peference or something you get use to or live with.
    Pearson MarXman, Limb Driver, Muddy Virtue HT3s, Bohning vanes, Sure Loc Challenger,
    Super Ball Peep, Stanislawski MagMicro Trio, Onyx, Blackjack and TRU Ball ST360, 30" Cartel.

Not trying to hijack txcookie, but I'd also like to hear about this bow as well. When I did a search it seemed as though there were some issues with the '09 firecat with the limbs and also the cams chewing the strings. Are these issues worked out? I know Martin has a GREAT customer service but I don't feel like changing out limbs and strings even if they are replacing them for free.

Quote Originally Posted by goad View Post
    I mostly hunt and shoot 3D. The Firecat is an excellent bow for both. Lightweight, fast, accurate with the best customer service but it is my second choice behind the Rytera (Martin) Alien X.
    "Rytera (Martin) Alien X" are saying rytera is made buy martin?

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Quality wise and speed wise it is comparable to a lot of top end bows. The only problem I have with the FireCat is the 80% lefoff. With the Cat Cams that last little cam rollover, drop into the valley, is a little severe. Poundage set low letting down can be make you wonder when it's going to let down. Both of these is either personal peference or something you get use to or live with.
    The Firecats letoff is completely adjustable, and very easy to do. I shoot both of mine at 65%.
    1960 Bear Grizzly 48@28"/Spigarelli BB 25" w/ SF Ultimate Pro medium limbs 40# @ 28"/2013 Wes Wallace Mentor 46@ 28"/Dave Miller "Old Mahoning" hybrid longbow 46@ 28"/DAS Dalaa 21" w/SF Premium Carbon 46# @ 28"

Quote Originally Posted by mini27 View Post
    Rytera is a separate company from what I understand.....but it is owned by Ryan and Terry Martin.

Awesome bows too.
    1960 Bear Grizzly 48@28"/Spigarelli BB 25" w/ SF Ultimate Pro medium limbs 40# @ 28"/2013 Wes Wallace Mentor 46@ 28"/Dave Miller "Old Mahoning" hybrid longbow 46@ 28"/DAS Dalaa 21" w/SF Premium Carbon 46# @ 28"

Quote Originally Posted by mini27 View Post
    Yup
    Road Crew Pro Staff
    I shoot bows

Quote Originally Posted by cmherrmann View Post
    I have to agree with all of the previous posts, great bow for the price, if you have the extra cash get the Alien. It's smoother, just as fast, quieter and just a nicer bow overall. I have owned a Fire Cat and really liked it but I LOVE my Alien!!!!
    Agree totally, I got my 08 Firecat to shoot quiet and pretty smooth just by following the suggestions I got off the Firecat tuning threads I found here, but the Alien does all this without 1/2 the input ,all bows need some tweeking but the Alien is definetly worth the couple of extra $ which is still a heck of a lot less then comparable bows.
    09 AlienX, QAD HD Pro, PSE TopGun Slider, Anchor Sight, S-Coil
    07 Ross,Cardiac, QAD Hunter pro, Predator IV Pendulam, Anchor Sight, S Coil,
    FOB user

firecats a great bow. but like mentioned the AX impressed me alot more. worth the extra $$$
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

ttt

Quote Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
    Great little slaved dual cam bow for the money! Not the quietest or smoothest shooting, but will hang fairly well with the big boys offerings for a whole lot less $. I personally prefer the Warthog and Alien for a few $ more, but there is nothing wrong with the FC if it fits you and your needs. I'd hold out for the 2010 model- there are some improvements to the cams to reduce lean, and serving wear.
    it is a very nice bow. i just sold my 08 firecat to a good friend to make room for a new bow. before i did though i had the cam upgrade done (put the new cams on) and it did cut down on cam lean. i didn't keep it long enough to notice anything with the servings but i didn't have any issues with the servings to begin with anyway.

i owned one for a couple months did not care for it harsh draw and was pretty loud compared to many other bows ive owned and vibrated allot after the shot.i put whiskers and it helped allot but this made it even slower at 55# 27" loaded string 350g arrow i was getting around 230fps if i rember correctly.but this bow was accurate thats for sure.for the harsh draw it was not very fast.i had a xforce to me the draw was smoother and shot allot allot faster.remeber this is my opinion and this will very person to person go shoot one thats the only way to tell if you will like it.
    Evolution dressed in ☆Stormy hardwoods☆ ordered!!!

Huge hump in last 2" of draw

Shoots great but a huge hump in last few inches of draw.

Dont like the draw cycle but have not shot the 2010 to see if they fixed it or made it smoother.
    Todd Maziarz
    Fishers, IN
    Pinehill Archery Club

what is the actual speed yall are getting out of them? and what is the going price for them?

Quote Originally Posted by cwd500 View Post
    what is the actual speed yall are getting out of them? and what is the going price for them?
    Thanks please keep them coming

Quote Originally Posted by cwd500 View Post
    Not sure what the current price is? Around $600.00 I think....

Both of my personal Firecats are at 29" draw length and 70# draw weight.

With a 351 grain arrow I get 328-329fps with a loop and SAP hunter peep.

With a 460 grain hunting arrow I get mid 280`s.

love my fire cat..good bow all around..

08 firecat, 29", 390gr Gold Tip, 85 gr Magnus, 60# = 285fps, I love my Firecat it is akilling machine but really want the Alien X

I have owned a Firecat and loved it, but switched to the Alien and like it even more.
    I noticed in your tag line that you're in Afghanistan. You should contact Rytera and take advantage of their military discount. It is very substantial.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast