Thread: 2010 hoyt bows

2010 hoyt bows

i just shot three of the new hoyt bows this past weekend and all i can say is unbelievable i shot the maxxis 35, alphaburner, and the carbon matrix i was most impressed with the maxxis 35 and the alphaburner the maxxis 35 was super smooth very fast quiet and no hand shock i couldn't believe it and the alphaburner was the same just a little more noise i have never been a fan of the spirals untill now i had a set on my pro elite and i couldn't shoot them but now that i have shot them on this bow its a different story the combination of the new riser xt 2000 limbs and the spirals made for a bow that is a speed demond and very shooter friendly i liked the carbon matrix but i dont think that its worth all of the money if it were an $900 bow it would be a different story then but for me it had too much hand shock to be that expensive but all in all i will be adding the maxxis 35, and the alphaburner to my collection of hoyts i couldnt be happier with the new bows and hoyt seems to out due themselves and their competition every year

hoyt alpha elite, hoyt katera xl
    axcel achieve cxl, x-31 scope
    doinker platinums, carter insatiable 2
    limbdriver micro elite, ninja bow strings, cx

I liked them too, I ordered the Maxxis 31 with special order 65lb. limbs. I have not seen or shot the Matrix, but I'm not going to buy a $1600 bare bow.

I shot the Carbon Matrix and found no hand shock at all.

dont get me wrong i like the carbon matrix its a sweet lookin bow and it shot really well i just felt that it had a little more hand shock than the maxxis did if i had the money i probably would buy all three of them that i shot but i really liked the maxxis 35 and alphaburner better and i could justify buying them
    hoyt alpha elite, hoyt katera xl
    axcel achieve cxl, x-31 scope
    doinker platinums, carter insatiable 2
    limbdriver micro elite, ninja bow strings, cx

Quote Originally Posted by little buddy View Post
    I shot the Carbon Matrix and found no hand shock at all.
    Same here I thought it was the most dead in the hand bow I have ever shot.

Anyways the 2010 line up is great. MY alphaburner just get's better with every shot.
    "CRACKERIZED"
    CARTER'S ARCHERY
    (816) 232-2577
    www.cartersarchery.net

Quote Originally Posted by buckwild13 View Post
    dont get me wrong i like the carbon matrix its a sweet lookin bow and it shot really well i just felt that it had a little more hand shock than the maxxis did if i had the money i probably would buy all three of them that i shot but i really liked the maxxis 35 and alphaburner better and i could justify buying them
    I shot the Carbon Matrix today and I thought it had more handshock than the Maxxis as well. It was 29 inches and about 65Lbs. Not set -up, or properly timed maybe?
    58" Big Jim Thunderchild 60@30, 2 Toelke Hill Style LongbowS 51@30 & 45@30, Fedroa X-cellerator 44@30, Black Widow PSAX 44@28, Black Widow KBX 43@30, Hill style longbow by Maurice Cash 86@30. "The journey is more important than the destination"

Quote Originally Posted by swinestalker View Post
    I shot the Carbon Matrix today and I thought it had more handshock than the Maxxis as well. It was 29 inches and about 65Lbs. Not set -up, or properly timed maybe?
    I noticed the same thing. I thought that the Maxxis was butter smooth, but the Matrix had a bit of hand shock and buzz at the shot.... However, I think a matrix in camo is the most badass looking hoyt that I've ever seen.