a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowtech FLX Guard on older bows????

Bowtech FLX Guard on older bows????

Hello, Im a bowtech guy and I have a 08 82nd Airborne and soon to be a 09 sentinel. I was wondering if the new technology of the FLX guard can be mocked up and put on the older bows... I think this would be a hot ticket if it could be done. Anybody know? What do ya'll think?

Richie

anybody?

I heard no retrofitting to older Bowtechs.
    Elite GT500
    Bowtech 82nd Airborne
    Bowtech Guardian
    Bowtech Soldier

I made this one up last summer and it worked pretty good. I could change the point of impact left and right by varying the spring tension. I made 4 different versions of roller guard brackets and this one worked the best on my '09 Admiral.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BowTech's Cheerleader
    Plainsman™ arrow rest staff shooter
    Amanna freezer re-filler
    Allegiance/Tribute FanBoy
    Commander of the Guardian

Wow, that's a pretty bad arse looking setup. Is that an Admiral?
    Elite GT500
    Bowtech 82nd Airborne
    Bowtech Guardian
    Bowtech Soldier

Very interesting! anybody else?

apparently they don't work.....one of their reps told me the risers are somehow different. Don't know if that's true or that they just won't sell them....

Quote Originally Posted by rbtoro View Post
    Hello, Im a bowtech guy and I have a 08 82nd Airborne and soon to be a 09 sentinel. I was wondering if the new technology of the FLX guard can be mocked up and put on the older bows... I think this would be a hot ticket if it could be done. Anybody know? What do ya'll think?

Richie
    I do know that Bowtech will not sell them unless it's on a 2010 bow, plus the cutout for the FLX is made different than the older one
    Hoyt RKT Matrix
    It's just a bow.. Shoot it
    Gut Piles Make Me Happy™

no. no way to fit the new FLX guard on the older bowtechs

well thats good to know. thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
    Now you went and done it!

You realize you just issued a challenge don't you.

I give it a couple of weeks max, before someone makes an adapter.

the question would be if we can order just the flx guard..... or not. Im sure an adapter can be made some way some how. I dont see bowtech selling just the FLX guard. They would say sure...... with the bow attached to it! haha

an adjustable spring loaded roller guard would be friggin sweet. YOu could really do some fine tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
    You can make anything fit with the use of a custom made adapter.

I looked at the FLX Guard on the Destroyer 350 I shot It didn't look like it was adjustable but it DIDN'T look like it couldn't be fitted onto an '09 CP bow. Like Frank C said an adapter piece could be easily made to fit it on the bows,, and I'd like for it to be adjustable. It won't completely eliminate riser torque but it would help. I will say that the shoot through that I have on my Admiral now is the cat's meow,, NO riser torque is better than any at all I'd HIGHLY recommend to go shoot through on the '09's IF your bow is tuning too far inside for your liking.
    I adjusted the rest on the 350 I shot at the shop to shoot bullet holes through the paper with a bare shaft FMJ 400 spine arrow and it tuned slightly inside for me also. The shop owner then shot it and it tore a little for him so I'd say that I have a tendecy to torque the bow inward,, compounding roller guard induced riser torque.

I'm starting to think if I had a roller guard bracket on my Admiral that pulled the cables to the left,, it would make the bow tune to the outside and my inward hand torque would counter the roller guard's outward torque that would be induced by the left sided roller guard. It would probably tune right down the middle for me The cables would probably be in the sight picture though,, maybe not?
    BowTech's Cheerleader
    Amanna freezer re-filler

Quote Originally Posted by frankchugga View Post
    You can make anything fit with the use of a custom made adapter.
    And you can milk anything with nipples.

TAPs shoot trough system is enough to make me buy an Admiral, but dont you need an extra cam?

Quote Originally Posted by HammyAbeer View Post
    an adjustable spring loaded roller guard would be friggin sweet. YOu could really do some fine tuning.
    Just what I need - another variable!
    sine labore nihil

I think I opened up a can of worms! Anybody else have any say in this matter?

And you can milk anything with nipples.

TAPs shoot trough system is enough to make me buy an Admiral, but dont you need an extra cam?
    Yes you need another cam or trade someone cams. You need two top cams OR two bottom cams so the cables run parallel to each other and don't cross at all. It's about a 30 minute change over with the need for a little longer draw stop post. The stock draw stop post won't contact the cable with a shoot through set up because the cables are spread outwards a little instead of inward on the stock set up.
    BowTech's Cheerleader
    Amanna freezer re-filler

Im just trying to think what would happen if you bent your cable rod inwards in a similar fashion.

21. Quote Originally Posted by walks with a gi View Post
    Yes you need another cam or trade someone cams. You need two top cams OR two bottom cams so the cables run parallel to each other and don't cross at all. It's about a 30 minute change over with the need for a little longer draw stop post. The stock draw stop post won't contact the cable with a shoot through set up because the cables are spread outwards a little instead of inward on the stock set up.
    Like WWAG said. It is pretty easy to do, the Shoot Thru comes with 2 draw stops to cover all three models of CP bows. Really makes a world of difference. I am like USN on the whole flex-guard thing. THIS year I will let everyone else be the guinee pig and wait until the field testing is complete before I would buy into the hype. I wonder why the Captain didn't get one? Thats the bow they sold the most of according to my sources?!
    Tony Virnoche
    www.thearcheryprogram.com
    TAP PRO, TAPes and TAP for Windows Mobile Devices

Im just trying to think what would happen if you bent your cable rod inwards in a similar fashion.

On my original roller guard bracket I milled off some material on the inner contact surface to allow the rollers to come inward towards the arrow about 3/16". This made the bow shoot about 2 inches to the right so I moved the rest out enough to get the same POI. Arrow flight was better and center shot was closer to the center without compromizing fletch clearance. I think it was about .050" that I milled off.
    BowTech's Cheerleader
    Amanna freezer re-filler

Quote Originally Posted by TAP View Post
    Like WWAG said. It is pretty easy to do, the Shoot Thru comes with 2 draw stops to cover all three models of CP bows. Really makes a world of difference. I am like USN on the whole flex-guard thing. THIS year I will let everyone else be the guinee pig and wait until the field testing is complete before I would buy into the hype. I wonder why the Captain didn't get one? Thats the bow they sold the most of according to my sources?!
    And if all they did to the Sentinel and Admiral was put a flex guard on them then why are they not in the shops yet. Not even the Captains. Actually no bows for 2010 are in the shops from Bowtech accept the demo's. What the heck is going on. Sales are being lost I would think.
    Matt Anderson (Average Joe)
    U.S Navy Retired Chief Petty Officer VP Navy
    Bow\Gold Tip/Feather Vision\ Limb Savers/QAD\Spot-Hogg/B-Stinger\
    "When all is said and done, it's not the shots that won the championship that you remember, but the friendships you made along the way"

24. Quote Originally Posted by USNarcher View Post
    And if all they did to the Sentinel and Admiral was put a flex guard on them then why are they not in the shops yet. Not even the Captains. Actually no bows for 2010 are in the shops from Bowtech accept the demo's. What the heck is going on. Sales are being lost I would think.
    Maybe they are re-thinking the Shoot-Thru someone said they saw at the ATA last year! :P They are trying to put me out of business!
    Tony Virnoche
    www.thearcheryprogram.com
    TAP PRO, TAPes and TAP for Windows Mobile Devices

Quote Originally Posted by TAP View Post
    Maybe they are re-thinking the Shoot-Thru someone said they saw at the ATA last year! :P They are trying to put me out of business!
    Maybe. That's why they quit the 08 Commander cam too. Tired of shooters improving their designs.
    Matt Anderson (Average Joe)
    U.S Navy Retired Chief Petty Officer VP Navy
    Bow\Gold Tip/Feather Vision\ Limb Savers/QAD\Spot-Hogg/B-Stinger\
    "When all is said and done, it's not the shots that won the championship that you remember, but the friendships you made along the way"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast