Thread: Best Bow Press for Hoyt Bows

Best Bow Press for Hoyt Bows

I have been trying to find a good bow press that is safe for my Hoyt Alphamax Bows. I was looking at the EZ Press but read it puts some stress on the riser, not sure if this is a problem or not.

To be honest, do not want to save $150-$200 on a press if it puts any risk on the bow.

I was thinking of an Apple Press, because they seem to always offer upgrades or attatchments to their presses to accomidate newer bows.

Is Apple a good press to go with, if so which one.
    If you were going to buy one press to last you a lifetime, in the $300-$500 price range what would you buy, keep in mind you may need parts 15 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by dennykyser View Post
    I have been trying to find a good bow press that is safe for my Hoyt Alphamax Bows. I was looking at the EZ Press but read it puts some stress on the riser, not sure if this is a problem or not.

To be honest, do not want to save $150-$200 on a press if it puts any risk on the bow.

I was thinking of an Apple Press, because they seem to always offer upgrades or attatchments to their presses to accomidate newer bows.

If you were going to buy one press to last you a lifetime, in the $300-$500 price range what would you buy, keep in mind you may need parts 15 years from now.
    The apple press is possibly the worst press ever made. It bends risers like no other. Get the EZ press, i have pressed my alphamax and monster 1000 times and they are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas9 View Post
    The apple press is possibly the worst press ever made. It bends risers like no other. Get the EZ press, i have pressed my alphamax and monster 1000 times and they are fine.
    Thanks, I had no idea, just used to seeing them in the bow shops.

Quote Originally Posted by dennykyser View Post

well you heard wrong the easy press is limb tip to limb tip compression no part of the press comes in contact with the riser. it is approved bow press by many bow manufactures. I have used the power press for years on all my Hoyt's and one is a parallel limb bow with no negative results.

the club I got to has an older apple press. I cringe every time I have to put my bow in that thing for fear of it bending my riser.

Go with the easy press it will cost you around $600.00 but its worth it ,use it in my shop and i am a hoyt dealer.
    A O ARCHERY SHOP
    8795 farmerville west carrollton pk.
    germantown oh.(937)859-3015
    pro shop hoyt/pse/mckenzie
    30 outdoor 3-D targets/indoor range/practice bags
    Just remember this is suppose to be fun

Check out the Bow-A-Constrictor by BuckeyeArcherySolutions.com. It presses every bow out there and puts no stress on the riser. Pm the owner Frank his screen name is DBLlungIT. He will be able to answer any questions you have.
    Predator Stabilizers Owner Hot Shot ProStaff Harvest Time arrows staff U-Slide Prostaff Norway vanes Pro Staff RaHoffer LLC Prostaff CNC Slings ProStaff
    Energywave Bowstrings Pro Staff

EZ Press is the best by far. There is no bow it will not press and pressing it from the limb tips without touching the riser or the riser end of the limbs is the safest way possible.
    Hoyt CS34

Bowpress

Pacpress inline will do anything for half the cost.. 300 tyd

Moto
    Ballistic Archery
    Attached Images Attached Images

Smile press

efore you decide look at the Nite Hawk press. Go to www.nitehawkarchery.com You can see a video that shows how the press works.

This press is recomended by Mathews.

It presses at the tips of the limbs, also down the center of the limbs not from the side. It requires no adapter, is super simple to use, and it is safe to use. It clamps to the limbs so your bow can not be spit out when being pressed.

It is also portable.

Be sure to look at the videos.

Merry Christmas, Ken

Quote Originally Posted by moto444 View Post
    Pacpress inline will do anything for half the cost.. 300 tyd

Moto
    Ballistic Archery
    Who sells this press?
    Hoyt 38 Pro, Hoyt xtec, Hoyt Spyder
    Shrewd Sight and Scope, HHA
    Trophy Taker drop rest, Doinker stablizers
    Carter Index release, Tru-ball back tension
    Easton eclipse, carbon express

Search for ArcheryTalk member Sootballs - he makes an excellent press that I use constantly for my Maxxis 31. It does a wonderful job.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas9 View Post
    If you are bending the risers then you aren't using it right. I've never had a problem with my Apple Super Pro. Someone is either using the press incorrectly or using an older Apple press not made for newer bows.
    Hoyt Trykon XL / 70lb / Beman ICS / Rocket / Slick Trick / Trophy Taker / B-Stinger / Spot Hogg

Ross Cardiac / 70llb / Beman MFX / Rocket / Slick Trick / Limb Driver / B-Stinger / Sword

I use a sureloc x-press and it presses all my hoyts with no problem. If I was to ever buy another press I would save my money and build my own. Check out the DIY section as well as some people on AT that sell their presses. There is absolutely no need to spend $600 on a press. Good luck!
    OK Archery DST 36
    Hoyt Spyder Turbo
    Hoyt Spyder 34

I built my own press. Used it for a while, then sold it. Bought an Apple press..used it...sold it.

Bought an EZ-Press on AT ($529 shipped). It works on ALL bows, and does not damage them. Takes seconds to adjust from long to short A/A bows. Relaxes limbs all the way if you need to remove them from riser. Hold bow secure when serving or installing peeps. Easy access to cam posts and modules (this is a big plus)!

Might as well get what you will end up with...and save all the hassle. There is a reason they work so well...the finger design and adjustments are great.

I prefer the X Press....2nd choice for me would be an EZE Press style press.
    HDI Staff Director....It's indoor season....is your bow treated with Phase Inhibitor?

Scott Archery CBE Feather Vision

I have used all of the major brand presses extensively.

I owned a Sure Loc X-Press.

I sold it to buy the LA Archery ELP press.

It is hands down the best press I have used. You can press on the limbs with the standard attachments (like the X-Press), or from the tips with the limb adapters.

With the Time Machine attachment, you can also time your cams on the press without the need for a draw board.

Unlike a lot of others on here that are great for home use, the ELP is also a shop duty press- it's built to last.

Price is very competitve as well.

Search for ELP Press on youtube and you can see a video of the press being used and adjusted.

PM member NMP here on AT for more info.
    MikeTN

ASA Life Member

The little bowmaster portable presses are slick and around $50.

If you have any access to any metal working tools and a welder build your own . I look back at mine and I can say it was the best 4 hrs start to finish and $125 I have ever spent . I also made slide in mounts that attach to each arm and use the drawboard for timing cams etc . It will squash up to a 22" ata bow and go out to 42.5 workable " and with as short of ata that it will do I think I can put a cross bow in it also . My dad has one for me to put in and try it out .
    I call it the tuning center

Another vote for making your own.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store...not a government agency.

2013 Hoyt Spyder, Snow Camo w/7 pin Spot Hog Hunter/Hoyt ULTRA REST™/Fuse Sidekick stab w/Scott Rhino XT./ Orange Pro Comp Elite, Trophy Taker Rest, CBE sight, X 10 Stabilizers, Mako Pro Release

Thats a dang nice portable rig you have right there and probably $20-$25 in it ? Im gonna have to make one of those as a portable to take with me when i go on hunt out of state

Quote Originally Posted by 1955 View Post
    Another vote for making your own.

Check out the DIY forum, Race59 started a thread called "My 20.00 bow press" where he built one from steel, and there are all kinds of other examples there also. His is done in steel, but since I have a woodworking shop, I made mine our of cherry that I had lying around. The whole thing took about 2 hours and cost me three bucks, for the stove head bolts, everything else I already had.
    Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store...not a government agency.

2013 Hoyt Spyder, Snow Camo w/7 pin Spot Hog Hunter/Hoyt ULTRA REST™/Fuse Sidekick stab w/Scott Rhino XT./ Orange Pro Comp Elite, Trophy Taker Rest, CBE sight, X 10 Stabilizers, Mako Pro Release

Quote Originally Posted by 1955 View Post
    Check out the DIY forum, Race59 started a thread called "My 20.00 bow press" where he built one from steel, and there are all kinds of other examples there also. His is done in steel, but since I have a woodworking shop, I made mine our of cherry that I had lying around. The whole thing took about 2 hours and cost me three bucks, for the stove head bolts, everything else I already had.
    I have the clamps and pipe already so I half way there .
    Thanks,
    PH

Just bought an Easy Press last week i run a archery shop and this press is awesome simple to use easy change from one bow to the next spend the extra money and buy one you will not regret it.
    DEADCENTER ARCHERY PROSTAFF, VAPORTRAIL PROSTAFF
    AUTHORIZED PSE, ELITE AND BEAR ARCHERY DEALER!!!!!!!!!