a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 99% let-off

99% let-off

does anyone know if it is legal to shoot 99% let-off bows in illinois? i was told by concept archery that it was illigal in 4 states, but they didn't know if illinois was one of them. you would think they would be more knowledgeable about the states their bows would be legal to hunt in.

My first question is where would you find a bow with that kind of let off????????? Next if you could get that kind of letoff it would almost have to be a lock up situation(where the bow is totally locked at full draw with no pressure).
    Have a good day and a better hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_B1 View Post
    My first question is where would you find a bow with that kind of let off????????? Next if you could get that kind of letoff it would almost have to be a lock up situation(where the bow is totally locked at full draw with no pressure).
    Concept Archery makes bows with 99% let off look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB54 View Post
    Concept Archery makes bows with 99% let off look it up.
    Didn't know that never heard of them------IMHO sounds like it would be a crappie shooting bow. Mainly because I think with that much letoff the stored energy would not happen until your well into the forward motion of the shot sequence, then your losing power stroke.

westcentral Iowa,Manning (was born here )

Question

This company ,Concept ,has been around along time .I've always wonder what shooting one would be like !
    Member of WRAC

Proud owner and shooter of one of the original Jennings Buckmaster bows !

Concept Archery makes them. I am a dealer for them and also make their string sets. These bows can be shot at either 99% or a simple conversion of the axle rotation makes them 80%. The 99% let-off only happens during the last 1/4" of the cycle. The bows have a solid wall, peg stop and I have never seen one go to full lock up.

At any rate, the Concept Believer will get an honest 312 fps IBO speed. I did the testing for them. During hunting the bow can be drawn at say 40 yards out and then held in about 30 degrees down until the animal gets into shooting position. The weight of the bow will keep it from letting dow. Then back tension can be exerted on the wall to stabilize the shot executed. I have shot these bows for a couple of years now and prefer them over anything for hunting and they are just great fun to shoot.

This is the rule book for hunting in Illinois. http://www.dnr.state.il.us/admin/pdf/season_dates.pdf

On page 14 it lists 40# min. recurve or compound and 20" min. arrow length. Nothing about let-off limitations, so I would say they were legal, but you might want to call them.
    Little Jon Archery Products
    Bowstring Jig and Serving Winders
    BCY String Material distributor, Bowstring making and tuning Phone Orders 800-437-9145

Yeah - he has been around for a while.

I believe this is the guy that shot himself in the foot (literally and figuratively) demonstrating that the bow would not fire hanging by its own weight.

There is the concept of taking a good thing too far...

Shooting high letoff bows does not equate to poor shooting performance of the bows. To the opposite they are very smooth depending on the design and just as shock free on the shot as many of the top bows today. I know because I have built many. Any Cammed system has the ability to get high letoff.......wheel bows or lever bows. The problem is they must be very accurate draw stop equiped to keep them out of lockup. If you change draw lengths on this type of bow you must reset draw stops usually more care taken as you drop the draw length. I have shot the concept bows and they are a very good bow. They hold and balance well and you can sit at full draw for 10 times the amount of time on a bow at 65%. The bow that I shoot also has the same key points but is a bit more adjustable to the archer than any other high letoff bow.

Just a point to remember letoff in wheel bows is a energy user not an additive in wheel bows...........not true in lever bows. I have tested this on lever bows that do not have the addition of cams (Onieda) and from 95% down to 65% there is a total loss of around 3 FPS.

I believe the new Speed bows realized that this was a good place to gain back speed hence the lobed systems during letoff cycle to offset the energy loss to letoff and get the bow speed faster wher it needs to be.

Lots of tech out there waiting to be seen or found.

99% let-off

No letoff factor in Illinois that I know of. I live here. Of course, shooting any animal for the record books and you get a * beside the score, shot other than with 65% letoff. Maybe that's what you thinking of.
    The 99% letoff is something to get use to, but only letting down and depends on draw weight. I tried one with the bow set to 45 pounds. I didn't think was going to let down, but it did. As Deezlin put, you can hold it for a good while, has a solid wall and shoots fine. Just me, I'll stay with 75%.
    Pearson MarXman, Limb Driver Pro, Muddy Virtue HT3s, Bohning vanes, Sure Loc Challenger,
    Super Ball Peep, Stanislawski MagMicro Trio, Deuce, Blackjack and TRU Ball ST360, 30" Stinger
    with Stinger back bars.

Yup, I shot two different models a few years ago and they were actually a very nice shooting bow. I was pretty impressed with them.

Ted
    So many cats,,,so few recipes.

Monster Bows also makes lever bows with up to 93# let with no cams...
    Bob

Not starting a war here just never heard of them and only offered my thoughts.

80% is the maximum let-off allowed in Colorado. I think this bow would interesting to try, though. I tend to shoot best when I pull into the back wall somewhat anyway, so that is how I presume this bow was designed to shoot. And, as for holding full draw for an extended period . . . . .

Idaho is at 85%

Idaho is at 85% and 300 gr arrow minimum.

Not starting a war here just never heard of them and only offered my thoughts.
    Concept archery. I think that is the correct name. I don't remember the exact let-off, but it was better than 90%.
    In fact, I remember that at one time, Tink was a spokesperson for them. His pic was all over their brochures.

Yup, here it is.

http://conceptarchery.com/

Tink is still with them as their "hunt director"

Quote Originally Posted by IlBuckMaster View Post
    Yeah - he has been around for a while.

I believe this is the guy that shot himself in the foot (literally and figuratively) demonstrating that the bow would not fire hanging by its own weight.

There is the concept of taking a good thing too far...
    Then how DOES it fire?

Is that video still floating around anywhere? Or any videos of these bows. I can't grasp the "concept" (haha) of how it wouldn't fire by its own weight.

Didn't know that never heard of them------IMHO sounds like it would be a crappie shooting bow. Mainly because I think with that much letoff the stored energy would not happen until your well into the forward motion of the shot sequence, then your losing power stroke.
    dale go on line look them up
    i refuse to make a commet

Quote Originally Posted by edthearcher View Post
    dale go on line look them up
    i refuse to make a commet
    Not interested-------especially seeing who the spokesperson is

Not interested-------especially seeing who the spokesperson is
    ditto

Concept Archery is a Christian based bow manufacturer. There bows are 99% let off. I have been to their website, and they seem legit. Go to conceptarchery.com and check them out.

They use needle axles, so they only require minimal force to get started. The one I had before it was stolen actual had 98% letoff with a 36 to 40 lbs draw weight. It had a very easy draw, once you got used to it. I am disabled and shoot one handed with a mouth tab. I could shoot 5 lbs more draw weight with the Concept bow.

I am planning to buy another one for hunting season. It is great to be able to draw and hold and hold.

Targeting shooting I did notice that I would every now and them anticipate the shot, but on windy days it was nice to be able waitout a strong gust. If your used to strong shots and good back tention you will not have a problem.

I had a monster set to 92% letoff and a Oneida set to 94% letoff and i will say i wouldn't go more than the 92%. When you release the string on the 94% it doesn't even go right away! It will cause you much grief in your accuracy kinda like a hang fire on a muzzleloader lol. Personally 85-90% is better than 95+.
    Trophy Hunters Supply LLC
    Pro Shop authorized to sell: Bows by PSE, Obsession and Elite Archery..... Crossbows by Scorpyd, Killer Instinct, Ten Point and Barnett. We carry all the popular accessories and equipment needed to outfit all your hunting needs!
    Call 920-833-BOWS or text 920-562-0099 for questions or to order! Find us on Facebook

not true of a concept

Quote Originally Posted by thirdypointer View Post
    I had a monster set to 92% letoff and a Oneida set to 94% letoff and i will say i wouldn't go more than the 92%. When you release the string on the 94% it doesn't even go right away! It will cause you much grief in your accuracy kinda like a hang fire on a muzzleloader lol. Personally 85-90% is better than 95+.

That may be true with Oneida,but not with Concept,no string lag.If you do not believe this ,go to WWW.conceptarchery and look at staff shooter proformance and animals taken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast