Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fish & Game Going to far!!!!!

Fish & Game Going to far!!!!!

True story-2 guy's went hunting in the mountains here in Kalifornia and when they got back to camp one of the hunters opened his truck door and leaned his rifle against the seat.That's contact with the ground and the barrel touching the seat.Then they proceded to have a cold beer and the warden drives up.

He asks all the questions and checks the licenses and tags with no problems but then he see's the gun against the seat and ask's to look at it.There is a bullet in the chamber!

He then writes a ticket for having a loaded firearm inside the truck.The case goes to court and the hunter losesWhat do you think of that?PJ

Quote Originally Posted by poacherjoe View Post
    True story-2 guy's went hunting in the mountains here in Kalifornia and when they got back to camp one of the hunters opened his truck door and leaned his rifle against the seat.That's contact with the ground and the barrel touching the seat.Then they proceded to have a cold beer and the warden drives up.

He asks all the questions and checks the licenses and tags with no problems but then he see's the gun against the seat and ask's to look at it.There is a bullet in the chamber!

He then writes a ticket for having a loaded firearm inside the truck.The case goes to court and the hunter losesWhat do you think of that?PJ

Sounds like you should have unloaded it before putting it in the truck

Tn in Dixie, Land of tha free because of tha Brave
    hey they need tha money
    <EVIDENCE OF GOD><
    ......../Jesus\........
    SPEAKING HEAVENLY TOUNGES
    ICor 13:1,Acts 2:4,Mark 16:17

It's Kalifornia, are you really surprised by this?

Before anyone jumps, I grew up there...there is a reason I won't live there ever again.
    This message brought to you by the letter 3

Not surprised at all.....

We have similar laws here in Washington State. There's a reason they have these Regs, they just didn't pull it out of their A@#!. Too many fools have blew holes in ther Cabs, Floorboards, Engine block and even wounding others or getting killed. Specially when rover the dog is playing around by the firearm and hits the trigger. Her is Wa, you can't lean a firearm against a Temporary, Movable Object like a vehicle or something Similar. if it loaded and your not out hunting its considered a loaded firearm is a Vehicle. There's really no reason to have a loaded firearm in a vehicle unless your Road hunting and need to get out and trespass quick and Poach. No Sympathy here.
    Lord, I thank You for the opportunity to go out on the hunt. I thank You for the time alone to think and reflect on life. I thank You for the time with hunting friends, enjoying good fellowship, good stories, meals and drinks. Thank You for the beauty seen during the hunt and for the game taken and shared. I thank You especially for a safe hunt for myself and for all the hunters who share the field. AMEN.

i think we are becoming a police state. just saw on the news that they installed a camera on a Dallas Texas intersection which generated 1 million dollars in fines in it's first year?
    we have become a society of people who fear our Gov because we know they are watching and ready to pounce, heck i'm scaring myself by just writing this post???
    I hate Politicians!

Same thing will happen here in PA. A while back a buddy of mine got fined for leaning his gun on his car while trying to get a rock out of his boot before a hunt........ Crazy, but its the law and if you read the PA game book its plain as day on page 16 under Loaded Firearms Vehicles "It is unlawful to have a loaded firearm in, on or against any motor vehicle, regardless of whether the vehicle is moving or stationary"
    "The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind"....... Fred Bear

beer and guns lets see hmm not to bright to begin with
    Hoyt Maxxis35, katera xl , ultratec,
    spitfire,hellrazor broadhead's, carbon apache, axcel armortech ,hot shot tempest, carter insatiable 3,bstinger stabilizers
    deer crossing archery arrows >-------->

He would have gotten multiple tickets here in Michigan. The ticket for the loaded gun and a ticket for hunting while under the influence of alcohol. Personally, I don't want people out hunting while drinking either.
    Dan

Should have unloaded it and put it in it's case and then into then into the trucks. IMO they were asking for it when they opened the beer. Beer and loaded guns never mix!

Thats unsafe at best, when your done hunting the guns get unloaded.

marty

The judge, prosecuter and cop all work for the same employer and all are biased and depend on fines..........no matter how wrong they are we lose once the site us. Common sense and basic human interaction sais there was nothing wrong with the gun being there loaded or not. It took a prejudiced ahole of a cop, a prejudiced ahole of a prosecuter to try the case in front a prejudiced ahole of a judge to get a BS wrongful conviction to make themselves money.
    "You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete." -- Buckminster Fuller

"It is unfortunately none too well understood that, just as the State has no money of its own, so it has no power of its own." ~Albert J. Nock

In my opinion, if you think it's OK to lean a loaded gun against the car/truck seat then you shouldn't own a gun. I have no sympathy for people who have no brains or common sense when handling loaded guns around other people. Most "accidental" shootings are just stupidity. These laws were designed to prevent accidents, not to punish people for doing "nothing" wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mtn. archer View Post
    beer and guns lets see hmm not to bright to begin with
    That is what I am thinking.........Lucky that is all they got.
    New Breed Genetix- 60lbs. / 28.5" = 370 grains @ 282 FPS
    New Breed Eclipse- 65lbs. / 28.5" = 370 grains @ 291 FPS

Custom-Arrows. com , Carters Archery- "Get Crackerized" , Starrflight FOBs- "Fletchings Only Better"

i unload my gun when i am about 50-100 yards from the road.... pretty sure our law states you have to be 200 feet from the road to shoot...
    Id turned into a (expletive) liberal, a half-assed, no-logic nitwit, all heart, no brain, and the judgment of a jack rabbit."
    -Marcus Luttrell

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade400 View Post
    It's Kalifornia, are you really surprised by this?

Before anyone jumps, I grew up there...there is a reason I won't live there ever again.
    Kalifornia in the united states of Amerika.
    "You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete." -- Buckminster Fuller

"It is unfortunately none too well understood that, just as the State has no money of its own, so it has no power of its own." ~Albert J. Nock

He should be thankfull he still has his gun and truck, all it would take is a few beers and he would forget it was loaded and somthing bad is going to happen.
    2010 Elite GT500
    Wac'em Broadheads www.wacemarchery.com/

A bullet IN the chamber?
    What sork of idi*t leaves a bullet chambered when he puts a rifle in the truck?
    Sure...shells in the magazine/clip.
    But a round chambered?
    I'd write him up too....for stupidity!
    Hey dumby....tired of your arrows falling out of your quiver? Save yourself 200 bucks.....turn it over!

Maybe I do spend too much time in the brush....looking out.It's time better spent then at the truck....looking out!

New Zealand, heaps better than Old Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSecondBest View Post
    In my opinion, if you think it's OK to lean a loaded gun against the car/truck seat then you shouldn't own a gun. I have no sympathy for people who have no brains or common sense when handling loaded guns around other people. Most "accidental" shootings are just stupidity. These laws were designed to prevent accidents, not to punish people for doing "nothing" wrong.
    Can't really fault the warden on this one, sounds like he was doing his job? From his point of view, here were a couple of guys drinking with a loaded firearm leaning up against a truck, yes, it's crap that they got pinged for it, but hopefully someone learns not to leave a loaded rifle lying around

I think he shoulda read the regs! Got what he deserved!

When I lived out there I was SHOCKED to find that driving while hunting with a loaded firearm was legal, AS LONG AS THE CHAMBER WAS EMPTY! Now it's been six years since I lived there so the laws might have changed.

But here in Wisconsin, unless the firearm is completely unloaded, NO rounds in or ON the gun, and in a case, not allowed in or on any vehicle, car, truck, ATV or snow machine. Lean a empty BB gun against the door or on the tailgate you're gonna get busted!!
    Minimum

Quote Originally Posted by RNT View Post
    Kalifornia in the united states of Amerika.
    nope its in the bama states of umerika

The judge, prosecuter and cop all work for the same employer and all are biased and depend on fines..........no matter how wrong they are we lose once the site us. Common sense and basic human interaction sais there was nothing wrong with the gun being there loaded or not. It took a prejudiced ahole of a cop, a prejudiced ahole of a prosecuter to try the case in front a prejudiced ahole of a judge to get a BS wrongful conviction to make themselves money.
    No doubt. Some of you guys sound crazy, you act like the gun is gonna jump up and just start killing people. Give me a freakin break.
    WTB 27.5" mission eliminator cam.

Quote Originally Posted by mobowhntr View Post
    No doubt. Some of you guys sound crazy, you act like the gun is gonna jump up and just start killing people. Give me a freakin break.
    You have to be kidding me?...That is possibly the most idiotic thing I have ever heard!.....THERE IS a good reason you cant have a loaded firearm In a rig, on a public road...or even within a certain distance of a public road...It has happened many times where guns have fallen over and discharged...Has even killed people....Try using your brain before posting stuff like that

This is the what should worry us.

Where do you come up with this.........
    Do you people just pull this sh*t out of your a**?

A prejudiced cop.....prosecutor....and judge?

I think someones spun a bearing!

Funny how folks that break the law think the judicial sytem is corrupt...
    and those that don't,think it works fairly.

RNT,I hope you buried them cases deep enough...you know your on their "list".
    Big Brother is always watching.......even here on AT!

Attachment 683451
    Hey dumby....tired of your arrows falling out of your quiver? Save yourself 200 bucks.....turn it over!

Maybe I do spend too much time in the brush....looking out.It's time better spent then at the truck....looking out!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast