Thread: Electronic Predator callers for Deer?

Electronic Predator callers for Deer?

I'm thinking of picking up either the Foxpro or Western Rivers line of electronic predator calls which have many more calls programmed into them other than just dying varmits and rodents! Most have deer fights and buck and doe grunts, bleats and wheezes that will sound better than any plastic reed call could ever reproduce. I'm not sure if these are legal in all states for deer hunting but i got to think the buck fight would have to be lights out, we as hunters can rattle but that comming from 20 feet up in a tree has to sound korny to a deer much less there is no brush busting and leaf rustling involved up there, fights are more than just antlers banging. So, has anyone had great sucess using these on deer also or am i'm over analizing the effectiveness of these? I always wonder what a buck thinks also when he sees a decoy but hears it from 20 feet above it lol, i think they are smarter than that, a call under the decoy would be killer not? If i'm gonna spend $299 or more for a good call, i want to be able to use it for yotes and deer!

TROPHY HUNTERS SUPPLY LLC
    Authorized Dealer of: Elite Archery.. PSE..ONEIDA EAGLE.. Xpedition..& OBSESSION Bows- Ten Point.. Scorpyd..& Barnett crossbows-AXT-Carbon Express-Rage-QAD-Tru Fire-Stokerized, KTech Stabilizers-HHA..CBE..& Trijicon Sights- we have many more products, please call! www.trophyhunterssupply.com text to 920-562-0099 sales@trophyhunterssupply.com CALL/TEXT OR EMAIL US FOR FAST REPLIES!! Store number 920-833-BOWS (2697)

Check your states regs, probably cannot use electronics for deer.

marty

Quote Originally Posted by zap View Post
    Check your states regs, probably cannot use electronics for deer.

marty
    Not legal in Washington...
    Coon....Go deep and hunt hard
    Hoyt CRX32
    Back Gold Ignite, Trophy Taker Pronghorn, Fuse Quiver, Scott Rhino XT
    Easton ACC360, 28 1/2" draw, 60lbs, 420 grns, 261fps
    ><>

very illegal in wisconsin there only thing electric calls can be used for is predators

Call the warden / fish & game governing body etc...
    Everyone thought the calls were illegal here in NH, but a quick call resulted in clarification. Electronic calls are legal for deer in NH, bot not moose.
    --------------------------------
    "RoadTrips" Tree Saddle, Muddy Sticks & Petzl Aiders?..... "A Killer Combo!"
    My limbs are just fine.... Unlike the '02 TomKat that "detonated" (limbs failed twice) many years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by cebert07 View Post
    very illegal in wisconsin there only thing electric calls can be used for is predators
    You sure, i don't remember reading that but i do know you can't use them for ducks or turkeys here! I know there are states you can use them in.
    Authorized Dealer of: Elite Archery.. PSE..ONEIDA EAGLE.. Xpedition..& OBSESSION Bows- Ten Point.. Scorpyd..& Barnett crossbows-AXT-Carbon Express-Rage-QAD-Tru Fire-Stokerized, KTech Stabilizers-HHA..CBE..& Trijicon Sights- we have many more products, please call! www.trophyhunterssupply.com text to 920-562-0099 sales@trophyhunterssupply.com CALL/TEXT OR EMAIL US FOR FAST REPLIES!! Store number 920-833-BOWS (2697)

I have been told they are legal to use in Wi, but not by a law enforcement offical, so it isn't 100% fact. My cousin was talking about it today and he's pals with the local game warden so i'll ask him to get the word direct from him!

Quote Originally Posted by thirdypointer View Post
    I have been told they are legal to use in Wi, but not by a law enforcement offical, so it isn't 100% fact. My cousin was talking about it today and he's pals with the local game warden so i'll ask him to get the word direct from him!
    its under general deer hunting regulations they are allowed=page 14
    Come check us out on the largest Wisconsin,Michigan based hunting pages.....[https://www.facebook.com/buckchasers?ref=hl
    https://www.facebook.com/Wi.bowhunters

Did a search on WI DNR homepage. Typed in electronic calls. Clicked on the first link that popped up and this is what is says:

It is illegal to use any electronic or electronically amplified calls while hunting Migratory Game Birds or wild turkeys. It is legal to use any type of call or amplified sound for attracting foxes, raccoon, crows, coyotes, deer, and Unprotected Species during the open season.

Cant use them in OKLA, not for deer or turkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by kchopper View Post
    Did a search on WI DNR homepage. Typed in electronic calls. Clicked on the first link that popped up and this is what is says:

It is illegal to use any electronic or electronically amplified calls while hunting Migratory Game Birds or wild turkeys. It is legal to use any type of call or amplified sound for attracting foxes, raccoon, crows, coyotes, deer, and Unprotected Species during the open season.
    Yes, I was surprised when I read this earlier in the year. Of course, they don't make it legal on our turkey varmits - lol.

t

So then, for those guys who can and do use them, is it like cheating meaning do they come running during the pre rut to a real buck fight call?

Electronics are ILLEGAL in Indiana for Deer and Turkey.........
    Liberalism is a mental disorder