a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: New Easton V3 Varmint point

New Easton V3 Varmint point

i just got my bow and arrow mag and i saw in the new products a varmint point shaped like a field point
    i really like the design for the small critter

here's the link

http://www.eastonarchery.com/product...ng_accessories

i'm looking forward into buying some

HOYT Carbon Element G3 26/65

Thats pretty cool!
    Hoyt Faktor 30 Blackout -70lbs-28.5 DL-305 FPS
    DeerCrossingArchery ~Use XPO10 for 10% off DCA orders!~
    XtremePursuitOutdoors

Just saw these on Easton website....WOW!!!!! I think these could be the best small game head idea yet, I like the concept of G5 but worry about accuracy at 30+, let alone the 60+ shots we often get and take on ground hogs. In the words of Will Smith....I gotta get me some of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Elite Answer
    Dead Center Archery Bowhunting Staff Triple Toe Game Calls Pro Staff

Haha thats awesome, I just spent 2 days trying to make something based on the same idea! Thanks easton, looks grrrrrrrrreat!
    EliteGT500-ninjaNinja07elite synergy 60# 28"dl+Sur-loc challenger/special ops+limbdriver+ homemade stabs
    +carter evolution plus+fmj 500's+Slick tricks+scorpion strings.Starrflight staff shooter.Manitoba provincial team member.
    http://www.starrflight.com

What will determine if any are sold

Price

Durability

Wicked lil' points!
    An "archer" tries to see how far away he can get from his target and still connect. A "BOWHUNTER" tries to see how CLOSE he can get to his.

probably pricey .......but has a bullet effect on the end of your arrow!
    EliteGT500-ninjaNinja07elite synergy 60# 28"dl+Sur-loc challenger/special ops+limbdriver+ homemade stabs
    +carter evolution plus+fmj 500's+Slick tricks+scorpion strings.Starrflight staff shooter.Manitoba provincial team member.
    http://www.starrflight.com

The G5 claw points are simply awesome, and the original Judo points are hard to beat in any kind of grass.
    Genesis 9 vs.2: The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. 3: Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JJHACK View Post
    The G5 claw points are simply awesome, and the original Judo points are hard to beat in any kind of grass.
    My concern with G5 claw is overall durability is lacking and accuracy as I stated above. As for Judo points....woodchucks simply laugh at judo points as there dragging your arrow in there hole and you see them back out the next day.
    Elite Answer

My G5sgh fly great out to 60 plus yard and never broke one yet
    I'd rather die on my feet then live on my knees.

I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in somebody else's blood, and i have no problem going out that way.

They will be priced around $20 per 2 pack with extra O-rings included.

That is insane

I doubt any "blunt" will crumple a woodchuck, they are perfect targets for old dull broadheads.

The G5's have never broken on me (yet) and they fly perfectly for me. So do Judo points. But then I don't try to shoot woodchuck sized game with them. Rabbits are about as big as I would go with a not penetrating type head.

The G5's will completely crumple a rabbit nearly instantly on some shots.
    Genesis 9 vs.2: The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. 3: Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.

$10/ head, that is ridiculous.
    If you are not prepared to loose every friend you have over a board game....... you aren't playing hard enough....

Quote Originally Posted by JJHACK View Post
    I doubt any "blunt" will crumple a woodchuck, they are perfect targets for old dull broadheads.

The G5's have never broken on me (yet) and they fly perfectly for me. So do Judo points. But then I don't try to shoot woodchuck sized game with them. Rabbits are about as big as I would go with a not penetrating type head.

The G5's will completely crumple a rabbit nearly instantly on some shots.
    Thats what I currently use...the cheapest expandables I can find, but have lost a few arrows due to pass thrus and some chucks hit to far back have made it down there holes with my arrows.
    Elite Answer

thats the coolest thing ive ever seen.

Interesting. I wonder how they close back up after a few solid hits.

I don't have a good experience with G5 : with a well tuned bow (2 field point + 1 NAP Nitron in a 2" group @ 65 yards) they are not very accurate. I was just able to stay in 5" @ 30 yards. And brackets are too hard treated, they breaks like glass when hitting pebbles in the ground.

Judo are VERY accurate (fly like field point), very durable with devastating effect on rabbits, but the noise... OMG ! Difficult to use beyond 35 yards : rabbits leave before the arrow hit them (with a 70 lbs DXT @ 29").

Easton V3 looks pretty cool, but beside that crazy price, mecanicals and soil didn't mix well together... if you miss. And if you don't miss... look closely at the video : you will see that it takes 3 to 4 inches for the head to fully expand. I seriously doubt it's quick enough to do the job on a rabbit.

I'm still waiting for the "perfect" small game point, desperatly.

killed to many groundhogs this year with the g-5 sgh to even think about changing
    2010 vendetta xl camo - 2010 ''black'' axe6 - 09 dream season gx - limbdriver rests - radial xweave pros - b stinger - vital gear sights - sure loc - bucknasty strings - double bull blinds - primos - scent blocker - x scent - muck boots - summit treestands - mossy oak camo - toyota trucks

wait until the season starts and then hunt your ass off !!!!!!!!!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSE MILITIA!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by diamondlangus View Post
    $10/ head, that is ridiculous.
    In what sense is that ridiculous? A pack of average broad heads such as MX-3's are 30 bucks for 3 which equals 10 bucks a head. Why is this any different?

Because you can get a far more damaging point for $2.50 that works better.

Also, expecting $10 a broadhead is insane, but people will pay it hence the reason they sell them at the price -- despite not being worth anywhere near that.