Thread: Bow for shooting fingers

Bow for shooting fingers

I am currently shooting a Hoyt GMX recurve with fingers (of course.) Any thoughts on a compound for finger shooting? Also, I have a short draw length.

The Hoyt Vantage LD is designed for finger shooters and goes down to 26 inch DL
    http://www.hoyt.com/compound_bows/ho...mpound_bow.php

Anything faster?

At my draw length, 26", I will be at the bottom of the range for any of these bows, so looking for something faster than the Vantage.

Best of luck on your venture.

Bowtech Bridadier, Monster Dragon or may be a Contender XT2000 with spirals.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytee View Post
    Bowtech Bridadier, Monster Dragon or may be a Contender XT2000 with spirals.
    + Martin S4 with elite limbs (pre 2010), 2010 Martin Shadowcat, Martin Slayer with Nitrous Cams, Mathews C2/3/4, Mathews Apex, Mathews Ovation, Mathews Drenalin LD, Barnesdale are a few that come to mind.
    Martin Slayer with NitrousX C cams

Quote Originally Posted by Rex2381 View Post
    I am currently shooting a Hoyt GMX recurve with fingers (of course.) Any thoughts on a compound for finger shooting? Also, I have a short draw length.
    Welcome to A.T., Rex!.....Heres a few more that might work for You....Hoyt Ultra Tec, and ProTec, Ultra Elite, Pro Elite, with XT-3000 limbs....PSE Moneymaker, and Shark, Elite XLR, a long list, really.....Alot depends on what You want to do with the bow, and what You are comfortable with, You can go "Old School", and shoot a long A-T-A bow, with a wheel, or mild cam, or "New School", and shoot a short-ish A-T-A bow, with a harder cam...Finger shooters shoot good scores with both...The Men's Pro Finger class, I.B.O. World Championship was won this past year by a Mathews Pro shooting a Monster....Some folks can shoot anything well with Fingers, other folks have to have a "Normal" Finger shooting set-up......Come over to the Finger board, and join in the madness...L.O.L........Harperm an
    Those who separate Politics, and Morality, will never understand either one....John Viscount Morley

Quote Originally Posted by Rex2381 View Post
    At my draw length, 26", I will be at the bottom of the range for any of these bows, so looking for something faster than the Vantage.
    .....I wanted to add, with a 26" draw length, if You get comfortable dropping a finger off the string once You anchor, there are ALOT of "Finger" bows that You can shoot....Try to shoot a Hoyt Seven 37 with Cam 1/2 Plus cams....Just as a good over-all bow design, and the Cam 1/2 Plus cams shoot good with Fingers....Take care.....Harperman
    Those who separate Politics, and Morality, will never understand either one....John Viscount Morley

An older Mathews Conquest. They were 41 inches axle to axle.

I have a Ovation all camo thats just like new . Its 40 inches long axle to axle . I no several guy's that shoot fingers with them . Thats the reason I bought this one but I just didn't like shooing fingers anymore . I shot fingers all through the 70'sand part of the 80's that was enough for me . I like my releases . Anyway you can buy it for $375.00 tyd and I take pay pal . I have notice thats what their bringing on Archery Talk . I have 50/60 or 60/70 limbs . I have only got 28 and 29 draw length . let me no . Get a hold of me and make me a offer .
    David W Carpenter

finger bow .

I know where there is a Hoyt Defiant with fast flight limbs Cheap .

I have been shooting lights out with a Bowtech Sentinel all year. It's proven to be an awsome finger shooting bow for me. The new 2010 Sentinel FLX has an ata of 36 3/4 ", 7" brace ht, and has an adjustable mod for draws from 24.5 - 30.5 inches. Has plenty of speed from what I have read but I have not shot it yet.
    BOWTECH INVASION