Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Employee Pricing??

Question Cabela's Employee Pricing??

I got a new coupon in the mail today from Cabela's (seems like I get one every week now). Anyhow, it says to take advantage of "Exclusive employee pricing offer", hand it to the cashier at the store. Does anyone know what % off this translates to? Or how does this work? thanks, I'm assuming somebody on here is a Cabela's employee. Merry Christmas everyone.

I don't have the exact answer but I know years ago when I worked in a retail store during school, employee discounts were 10-15%. Offsets tax and a bit?
    Sootballs Time Machine
    Darton Archery
    Lone Wolf
    Havalon Torch
    Kifaru

I think its 15% on cabelas brand items, and 10% or a little less on other brands.
    In Between.....

According to a guy I know that works there with it varies by product. There used to be set percentages on different types of product but not anymore. For the few things I had him pick up for me it varied from maybe 15% to 30% off. I guess you don't know til you get it to the register.

The deals at Cabela's get the price down to what the other stores sell at normally. There are 5 major outdoor stores in Billings and Cabela's prices are usually highest. I can remember when they had the lowest. No more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoelkhunter View Post
    The deals at Cabela's get the price down to what the other stores sell at normally. There are 5 major outdoor stores in Billings and Cabela's prices are usually highest. I can remember when they had the lowest. No more.
    I would tend to agree with that. I think they have grown too big. There are lots of places you can find stuff cheaper. I would hate to think what they spend on catalogs in a years time. I think I could fill the back of my truck with the ones I get!
    2011 Bowtech Invasion tuned by Baldy's
    28" draw, 72lbs 317fps
    QAD HDX
    Easton Flatlines w/ Vanetec HP vanes
    Grim Reapers

They have definately raised there prices. Anymore the local pro shop is as cheap or cheaper,and i'd much rather support the local guy.
    Mathews Creed 29.5/70 blacked out. Black eagle Rampage arrows.

about 4 yrs ago or so the employee pricing would knock about 40-50% off cabelas brand stuff, but got the opprotunity to buy at the employee pricing here before thanksgiving and was told they revamped the pricing for employees and was only now about 15% or so off house brand, and less for other brands.

It varies, I don't think there is any set amount, I know the non store brand stuff is pretty insignificant. However, I bought some Cabela's dry plus rain gear and saved over 50%.

Coon
    Coon....Go deep and hunt hard
    Hoyt CRX32
    Back Gold Ignite, Trophy Taker Pronghorn, Fuse Quiver, Scott Rhino XT
    Easton ACC360, 28 1/2" draw, 60lbs, 420 grns, 261fps
    ><>

cabelas

NOT WORTH IT>>>>>>>>>

I went to the Pennsylvania store when the had the so called employee pricing. You play russian roulette and dont know how much you get off till you check out....and you cannot combine coupons with the employee pricing....I did much better with the coupons just made three different transactions with coupons like 10 off of 50 spent and 30 off of 150 spent and the cash register lady told me that the coupons were better//

its thier ploy to get you in the store,,,,which they dont have to worry about most of us cause were gonna be there anyway.......

Bass pro is 40% off on any basspro/redhead item or basspro exclusive and 10% on everything else. Not sure on Cabelas but maybe similair

Quote Originally Posted by rkswyo View Post
    I would tend to agree with that. I think they have grown too big. There are lots of places you can find stuff cheaper. I would hate to think what they spend on catalogs in a years time. I think I could fill the back of my truck with the ones I get!
    cabelas might not be cheapest, but there is a small local chain around here called rocky mountain discount sports.....i think 4 or 5 shops in wyoming. u want to talk expensive? i have no idea where the discount is....

ive found some things in cabelas to be reasonable, some too expensive. they do run lots of sales to help though.

i think their worst part is the shipping costs to buy from them. thats where they make their money me thinks....
    OZONICS- proof that with leased land, and enough technology, even Tom Nelson and Jay Gregory can actually kill something.

Quote Originally Posted by 22jdub View Post
    I think its 15% on cabelas brand items, and 10% or a little less on other brands.
    If you buy Browning they actually add 15% at the register. Though that is better than the usual 40% added on.

Quote Originally Posted by callou2131 View Post
    redhead

That's exactly what I was thinking. They are higher than everybody else. I thought my local Bass Pro was high, (which they are) but they are cheaper than Cabela's.
    Mathews Chill R Black Tactical
    Bowtech Experience
    Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.-Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by huntnmuleys View Post
    cabelas might not be cheapest, but there is a small local chain around here called rocky mountain discount sports.....i think 4 or 5 shops in wyoming. u want to talk expensive? i have no idea where the discount is....

ive found some things in cabelas to be reasonable, some too expensive. they do run lots of sales to help though.

i think their worst part is the shipping costs to buy from them. thats where they make their money me thinks....
    SHIPPING ??? they are ripping us off. The shipping fees are like taxes, the more it cost the greater the shipping fees. It does matter how big it is Kinda like the guy down the street with the big house, he still only gets trash pick-up once a week, drives on the same roads I do, he don't have any kids in school any more but his taxes are 5 times more than what I pay.

I feel better now
    Rigginuts

"Take away a mans dreams and you will take away his soul" me

When I used one back in November, the discount varied depending on what I bought. it was anywhere form 10-30%.
    2012 Hoyt Carbon Matrix RKT
    - 31"/71# shooting CE Red 350's tipped with Crimson Talons
    - BowJax, TruFire Judge release, NAP sizzor rest, Armortech Pro, peepless, Dead Center stabilizer

IMO, cabelas has went up in price and DOWN in customer service! Maybe its just the cabelas I shop at, but over the last 6-7 years I have had to many bad experiences there to list.
    Ive decided I will no longer be stepping foot in a cabelas
    I think I will be taking my business to Scheels, I hear their prices are ok and their employees are willing to help you out (and they know a little about their products). Sorry to rant, cabelas has finally got under my skin.

Pretty much so.
    If it looks like crap, smells like crap, tastes like crap, lies like crap; it’s more than likely a politician from Illinois.

Bargain Bin

Yeah, I know what all of you mean. I choose to not afford their prices. I never, ever pay for regular price items, it's usually Bargain Cave or Cabela's Club deals. If you watch those 2 particular places, and combine it with the coupons that we get ($20 off $100, or $30 off $150), it makes it a pretty darn good deal.

In addition, I use my Cabela's Club Visa card for all of my business purchases, which is sometimes 4 or 5 thousand dollars a month. I never, ever pay a dime of interest on it, because I immediately pay the bill online, often before it shows up on my account. I like this system I have, it saves me a bunch of $$ on stuff that I really like.

email: Last chance for FREE SHIPPING*^%@ from Cabelas!!

*as long as you spend $1,000,000
    ^as long as your order is placed on the 1st tuesday or 3rd wednesday of the month
    %as long as your order is placed between 4:17am and 5:32am
    @only applies if your middle initial is E.
    FREE SHIPPING!!!

Guys wear boots for a whole year or two and return them and then we wonder why the prices are so high? I don't blame Cabelas as much as I do the CROOKS that take advantage of their policy on items that they have obviously worn out. Granted, Cabelas is somewhat responsible, BUT what are guys gonna think if they change the policy at this point?

I do like the way they do their credit cards and the points you can earn....free gear.
    Living today like there's no tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Scientist View Post
    I got a new coupon in the mail today from Cabela's (seems like I get one every week now). Anyhow, it says to take advantage of "Exclusive employee pricing offer", hand it to the cashier at the store. Does anyone know what % off this translates to? Or how does this work? thanks, I'm assuming somebody on here is a Cabela's employee. Merry Christmas everyone.
    20% off!
    Extreme Measures always lead to Extreme Disappointment!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Guys wear boots for a whole year or two and return them and then we wonder why the prices are so high? I don't blame Cabelas as much as I do the CROOKS that take advantage of their policy on items that they have obviously worn out. Granted, Cabelas is somewhat responsible, BUT what are guys gonna think if they change the policy at this point?

I do like the way they do their credit cards and the points you can earn....free gear.
    That is a well taken point. I saw a pair of Alpha Burly boots in the Bargain Bin that had the heals practically worn off, and they had been returned b/c of the warranty. Probably some chubby slob that does that to anything he puts on his feet. You have got to be kidding me is what I thought. My Alphas don't wear like that....

I used to run the fishing dept at the BP in Baltimore, you wouldnt believe what people would try to return. 10 year old fishing rods that they rolled up in truck windows, dry fired bows, 2 year old socks (no BS) and ALOT of times they would put luck a 2 dollar lure in a lucky craft package and return it. Until they pay a decent wage, they will continue to hire high school girls that work at customer service that dont know a THING about the products.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast