Archery Talk Forum banner

Cabela's Employee Pricing??

14K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  Tracker12 
#1 ·
I got a new coupon in the mail today from Cabela's (seems like I get one every week now). Anyhow, it says to take advantage of "Exclusive employee pricing offer", hand it to the cashier at the store. Does anyone know what % off this translates to? Or how does this work? thanks, I'm assuming somebody on here is a Cabela's employee. Merry Christmas everyone.

#4 ·
According to a guy I know that works there with it varies by product. There used to be set percentages on different types of product but not anymore. For the few things I had him pick up for me it varied from maybe 15% to 30% off. I guess you don't know til you get it to the register.

#6 ·
I would tend to agree with that. I think they have grown too big. There are lots of places you can find stuff cheaper. I would hate to think what they spend on catalogs in a years time. I think I could fill the back of my truck with the ones I get!

#8 ·
about 4 yrs ago or so the employee pricing would knock about 40-50% off cabelas brand stuff, but got the opprotunity to buy at the employee pricing here before thanksgiving and was told they revamped the pricing for employees and was only now about 15% or so off house brand, and less for other brands.

#9 ·
It varies, I don't think there is any set amount, I know the non store brand stuff is pretty insignificant. However, I bought some Cabela's dry plus rain gear and saved over 50%.

#10 ·
cabelas

NOT WORTH IT>>>>>>>>>

I went to the Pennsylvania store when the had the so called employee pricing. You play russian roulette and dont know how much you get off till you check out....and you cannot combine coupons with the employee pricing....I did much better with the coupons just made three different transactions with coupons like 10 off of 50 spent and 30 off of 150 spent and the cash register lady told me that the coupons were better//

its thier ploy to get you in the store,,,,which they dont have to worry about most of us cause were gonna be there anyway.......

#17 ·
When I used one back in November, the discount varied depending on what I bought. it was anywhere form 10-30%.

#18 ·
IMO, cabelas has went up in price and DOWN in customer service! Maybe its just the cabelas I shop at, but over the last 6-7 years I have had to many bad experiences there to list.:mad:
Ive decided I will no longer be stepping foot in a cabelas:cry:
I think I will be taking my business to Scheels, I hear their prices are ok and their employees are willing to help you out (and they know a little about their products). Sorry to rant, cabelas has finally got under my skin.

#20 ·
Yeah, I know what all of you mean. I choose to not afford their prices. I never, ever pay for regular price items, it's usually Bargain Cave or Cabela's Club deals. If you watch those 2 particular places, and combine it with the coupons that we get ($20 off $100, or $30 off $150), it makes it a pretty darn good deal. :wink:

In addition, I use my Cabela's Club Visa card for all of my business purchases, which is sometimes 4 or 5 thousand dollars a month. I never, ever pay a dime of interest on it, because I immediately pay the bill online, often before it shows up on my account. I like this system I have, it saves me a bunch of $$ on stuff that I really like.

#21 ·
email: Last chance for FREE SHIPPING*^%@ from Cabelas!!

*as long as you spend $1,000,000
^as long as your order is placed on the 1st tuesday or 3rd wednesday of the month
%as long as your order is placed between 4:17am and 5:32am
@only applies if your middle initial is E.
FREE SHIPPING!!!

#22 ·
Guys wear boots for a whole year or two and return them and then we wonder why the prices are so high? I don't blame Cabelas as much as I do the CROOKS that take advantage of their policy on items that they have obviously worn out. Granted, Cabelas is somewhat responsible, BUT what are guys gonna think if they change the policy at this point?

I do like the way they do their credit cards and the points you can earn....free gear:).

#24 ·
That is a well taken point. I saw a pair of Alpha Burly boots in the Bargain Bin that had the heals practically worn off, and they had been returned b/c of the warranty. Probably some chubby slob that does that to anything he puts on his feet. You have got to be kidding me is what I thought. My Alphas don't wear like that....:confused:

#25 ·
I used to run the fishing dept at the BP in Baltimore, you wouldnt believe what people would try to return. 10 year old fishing rods that they rolled up in truck windows, dry fired bows, 2 year old socks (no BS) and ALOT of times they would put luck a 2 dollar lure in a lucky craft package and return it. Until they pay a decent wage, they will continue to hire high school girls that work at customer service that dont know a THING about the products.

#27 ·
I worked at the Cabela-Mart for almost 3 yrs when they opened in Dundee MI.
They used to have killer discounts for the salaried employees (which I was), and very good discounts for the hourly ones as well, ESPECIALLY on Cabela-Mart branded stuff.

As salaried stiffs we got EVERYTHING at COST. Anything from the Bargain Cave we got for 50% of COST. So.....ya....GLX rods for like $75....Lone Wolf stands for $75....clothing was always marked up at least 100%, so we would pay about 25% of what it RETAILED for. KILLER deals. Not sure what the discount is now, but I can assure you, you are probably NOT getting what the employees get.

Not sure if many know, but a few years back Cabela-Mart became a publicly traded company. It's not solely a family run biz anymore, thus the changes in pricing and especially customer service.

They don't care anymore; it's all about that DOLLAR. Want an example?

When Dundee opened we had roughly 600 employees. We were everywhere, helping all kinds of people. Last I knew, they had about 200 employees. And best of all??? During the busy times they fill in the gaps with...are you ready?? TEMPS! Lol...how safe that make you feel letting them set up your new bow????? :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.