Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: vapor trail vs zebra bow strings vs winners choice...whats better??

Question vapor trail vs zebra bow strings vs winners choice...whats better??

what out of these strings is better...... i had a zebra replace my stock string ...awhile ago its ok...but i need to have my cable replaced.... any sugestions??????

VAPOR TRAIL! The reason is quality, price, customer service! Replace cable and string! I would pull axle and check bearings and lube with marine grease! Don't forget to check holes in limbs! Welcome to the dark side with your new Z7!

Marine Grease ?

You mentioned lubing axles with marine grease - Why marine grease ? What is it ?
    2009 PSE SS X-Force with Trophy Ridge sight, rest & quiver. PSE X-Weave arrows

"I know everything, I just can't remember it all at once."

Another vote for Vaportrail. Awesome customer service and very fast shipping.

Out of those listed VaporTrail hands down. I won't own a WC again and I have heard very little good about the zebra strings.
    alpinebowman >>>---shots that are true pass right through--->
    09 blackout APG AM35 28" @ 71# Black Eagle Carnivores Rocky Mtn. Titanium's
    Dark Archer Customs, Strings and tuning.

Zebra- too cheap
    WC- too expensive
    Vapor Trail- just right!

Out of these 3 options, I would definatly take the VT's. Have not heard much good about Zebra, WC's are awfully pricey for what you get. Vapor Trail have got a good rep, and the price is respectable as well. Just my 2 cents.
    Bearfoot Archery
    Center Circle Strings
    "Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water." -W.C. Fields

I liked WC's when I had them before, but lately I've used VT's and for the price, they are hard to beat.

Zebras stretch too much IMO.
    Team 39- Pass-Thru Posse
    2011 PSE X-Force Dream Season Evo in black/camo; AAE DOA drop-away rest
    HHA OL-5019 sight; 1/4" Red Eye Peep; Spot-Hogg Saturday Night Special release
    27" Easton XX78 2314's with NAP Twisters and wraps; 125 grain Magnus Snuffers

Vapor trail are nice, in fact I'm just opening up a box with some in there....mmmmmm kiwi and black! Great price and customer service
    Elite Pulse 28/70 LD, Boss Hogg, B Stinger, Kwikee, CT Whtetail XP's, Slick Tricks
    SR-71 28/70 LD, CBE Quad Light 3D, B Stinger, CT Cheetah's

Winners Choice or Vapor Trail. Can't go wrong with either one. I have never had any luck with Zebra strings, except for BAD!
    Corner Archery Staff Shooter

Vapor Trail
    then Winner's Choice
    STAY AWAY from Zebra

Every thing Considered Vapor Trail. WC are great strings but not worth the $ you get just as good string from VT for much less and faster. Zebra
    Vantage Elite spots and dots, alien Z 3D, Warthog Hunting, Savanna long bow fun.
    Victory Pro Staff shooter
    Posten so the spot doesnt move.
    Level 3 community coach

1- winners Choice- best string on the market, by far a head and sholders above the others, hardly any break in and ne stretch ever. Down side is the cost, IMO they are well worth it.
    2- Vapor Trail- great strinb for the money, almost as good as winners choice and for the average shoot would prolly be a better buy.
    3- Zebra- yuck- that is about all there is to that. They are the crap standard that all other crap is judged.

And yes I have had all three VT and WC are great strings, wouldn't recommend zebra to an enemy.
    Elite Pure

Vapor trail is as good if not better than WC here is pricing for VT

VTX 2 CAM / 1.5 CAM STRING 47-65 $32.50
    VTX 1 CAM STRING 80-107 $43.00
    VTX Y-CABLE 30-48 $28.00
    VTX CONTROL CABLE 30-48 $23.00

Now go look at WC at their website, your looking 40 more bucks for a set. Plus VT has fast shipping and great customer service.
    Elite Pulse 28/70 LD, Boss Hogg, B Stinger, Kwikee, CT Whtetail XP's, Slick Tricks
    SR-71 28/70 LD, CBE Quad Light 3D, B Stinger, CT Cheetah's

WC....
    Conquer the web with Artonicweb.com

of the three the zebra are the lowest ranking. if you went zebra, buy the zebra hybrid. i put the hybrid on my back-up bow when i replaced the original zebra and have had no problems yet. the other two mentioned strings here are "better" but like i said, i have had no issues with my zebra hybrid.

I vote Vapor Trail. I've had experience with both WC and VP, I never get peep rotation with a VP but the last two sets of WC strings have had to be adjusted a couple times?

The only issue I've had with the VP's is serving seperation, I shoot off the string and the center serving doesn't usually last more than 1000 shots. To me it's still worth it because it only takes a few minutes to reserve and the stability of their strings is 2nd to none.

Coon
    Coon....Go deep and hunt hard
    Hoyt CRX32
    Back Gold Ignite, Trophy Taker Pronghorn, Fuse Quiver, Scott Rhino XT
    Easton ACC360, 28 1/2" draw, 60lbs, 420 grns, 261fps
    ><>

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybravoo77 View Post
    Zebra- too cheap
    WC- too expensive
    Vapor Trail- just right!

Out of these 3 options, I would definatly take the VT's. Have not heard much good about Zebra, WC's are awfully pricey for what you get. Vapor Trail have got a good rep, and the price is respectable as well. Just my 2 cents.
    nothing left to say!!

I have had terrible luck with WC. I have them on my Athens 32" and after one season they need replaced badly. They just didn't hold up to the weather. I waxed them constantly but they are fraying bad.
    www.ikesoutdoors.com Bow and Product Reviews, How-to videos and more
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ikesoutdoors

Quote Originally Posted by brifish View Post
    1- winners Choice- best string on the market, by far a head and sholders above the others, hardly any break in and ne stretch ever. Down side is the cost, IMO they are well worth it.
    2- Vapor Trail- great strinb for the money, almost as good as winners choice and for the average shoot would prolly be a better buy.
    3- Zebra- yuck- that is about all there is to that. They are the crap standard that all other crap is judged.

And yes I have had all three VT and WC are great strings, wouldn't recommend zebra to an enemy.
    You have no real experience with strings/cables do you?
    Hoyt CS34

Vaportrails, I've had problems with peep twist and stretching with WC
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    I shoot for: GT, Axcel/Truball, Viscosity strings, FV
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

Vaportrail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    DEADCENTER ARCHERY PROSTAFF, VAPORTRAIL PROSTAFF
    AUTHORIZED PSE, ELITE AND BEAR ARCHERY DEALER!!!!!!!!!

Ive had both WC and VaporTrail... the Vapor Trail are top notch and the CS is second to none... very personable, and kind!
    "Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words."
    "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
    -St. Francis of Assisi

Vapor Trail. One of the best on the market, and the most important thing is that its back by awesome people that will bend over backwards for you.

Vapor Trail...

Vapor Trail and here's why:

Vapor Trail Strings and cables are priced right, and ship fast even in custom colors. I ordered Tuesday afternoon, and got my set on Saturday. Winners Choice are great strings but not any better than Vapor Trail in my opinion and way more money. Zebra strings are not served on the end loops and that can cause major problems if someone has their head up their butt when they are working on your bow. I had an older PSE let go on me when one strand didn't get put on the post...and yes...I had my head up my butt.

Ben

most guys on here who vote vapor trail are probably on their new shooting staff since they were takeing so many shooters not to long ago. I had used them in the past but they seemed really soft. But that was a awhile ago. So hopefully they are improved allot. They make a awesome arrow rest though!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast