80% let off

Thread: 80% let off

80% let off

Is it a bad idea to try shooting a 80% let off bow with fingers? Been shooting a recurve for 20 years and a new compound was offered to me with 80% let off. Thought it might not be to bad if it was shot off the wall. What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements

Ovid, Michigan
    In my experience the higher letoffs aren't as bad if you have a more aggressive cam. Just my 2 cents. Finger shooters as a rule prefer nothing over 65%. Although my hoyt at 75% and 48pounds is a spot machine for me with the cam.5. It never hurts to try. You will find it much different than trad. Good luck Dan.
    Have bow will shoot

4. Remove Advertisements

I figure it won't matter as much with a 70 lb bow, if you were shooting 50 lb at 80% let off it might be tough.

I shoot a Septer4 with 80% letoff. It is a tad less forgiving, but can hold a lot lo nger till the shot comes along.

I tried 80% on my C3. I couldn't feel the release. I traded out for a 65%. I liked the feel of the resistance of a 65% for stability too.

Issaquah Washington
    If you are using back tension against the wall, I think you could be very affective with the 80%. I think my bow is 65% but I shoot 50# a rather low poundage so I'm holding around 18#. I have no problems with my release.

Search 80% letoff on this forum. You'll find tons of info.

I shoot a Dren LD, 37in at 58lbs, 80% letoff, 28in draw. I hold solid against the wall which gives alot of finger tension and on release my hand just slides back against my face. But, I have been shooting fingers for about 57 years. Bob