Thread: Mathews Legacy Bow. Any info? Should I buy?

Mathews Legacy Bow. Any info? Should I buy?

My brother is looking to get his first bow. i told him needs to shoot a lot of bows and see what is most comfortable. He has a friend that want to sell him a mathews legacy for $100. This is all I could find on it:

Specifications
    IBO Rating: 308 fps
    Axle-to-Axle: 34"
    Brace Height: 7.5"
    Draw Weight: 40-70 lbs
    Bow Weight: 4.35 lbs
    Let-off: 70%
    Draw Lengths: 24"-30"
    Half Sizes: 27.5"-29.5"

ANy one own/shoot this bow? Is it a good price to buy just for the heck of it? I dont really know much about mathews except I didn't like the 2 I have shot. Any suggestions and thanks!
    Vantage Elite +'s (77#, 60#, 55#) And a Matrix with Spirals for hunting
    Things I Like: Honey Badger Bowstrings, Gold Tip Arrows, Affordable Stabilizer Weights (ASW), Grave Digger Broadheads, and DS Advantage Products

I never owned the Legacy but I did own the LX which is the model right after the Legacy and it was a good shooting bow. At $100 I dont think he can go wrong, even if the draw length is wrong, he should be able to pick up a correct cam on here for around 20-30 bucks.
    31" Mathews Drenalin LD--31" Mathews Ovation
    Posten--Tightspot--Easton--G5

Somebody I love needs a heart,
    I AM AN ORGAN DONOR, ARE YOU?

$100 thats a great price. If draw is wrong count on $50-$85 to fix. Strings and cables around $85 to fix. Still makes it a great price.

Will if I was in your shoes and my brother had that offer and the bow was in good shape then yes thats what I beleave he would shoot. Its an older bow but its still a shooter.
    EVO / Vendetta XL

PSE / Xtreme Stabilization / Hawke Optics / Extreme Bow Strings / Truball / Bohning Archery / JBI - U-Slide Bow Holder

The legacy was a great shooting bow. smooth and forgiving. I think thats a good price as long as its in decent shape. Id check the limbs real good for any splintering.
    2012 Vantage Elite Plus, 2010 Red fusion Hoyt Contender Elite, 09 Hoyt Alphamax 35, Mathews Conquest Apex, Twisted Tribe Bowstrings, Gold Tip Arrows, Bodoodle Rests, B Stinger Stabilizers, Courtney Archery Staff Shooter, Bohning Staff Shooter, Tru Ball Staff Shooter

I owned the Legacy..Probably the best bow I ever had.Great for hunting.

dude buy the bow its one of the most consistent shooting bows ive ever owned .....or wait tell him i'll give him $200 for it

Quote Originally Posted by Cdpkook132 View Post
    My brother is looking to get his first bow. i told him needs to shoot a lot of bows and see what is most comfortable. He has a friend that want to sell him a mathews legacy for $100. This is all I could find on it:

Specifications

ANy one own/shoot this bow? Is it a good price to buy just for the heck of it? I dont really know much about mathews except I didn't like the 2 I have shot. Any suggestions and thanks!
    I had a 70# 30"DL Legacy which I sold to a friend at work to help pay for my new BT D350..

So purely from a re-sellability outlook...it's probably a good price as long as it isn't damaged in some way. Prior to selling my bow, I checked how much they were going for on Ebay. Ready to hunt packages were going for $300 to $400 depending on the accessories.

A bare Legacy for $100 is not a bad price. It's will probably need to be restrung & cables. The bow I sold had just ahd strings put on it, and had been tuned before I sold it, and chronied a 400gr arrow at 70# 30"DL ====> 284 fps.

They can kill deer & elk just fine...and can be fairly decent at 3D as well. Very forgiving.

I owned a Legacy and it is a really nice bow to shoot.$100 Good price.

Legacy

Had one for 7 years and sold it to help pay for the new Reezen 7.0. Wished I'd have kept it as a backup . A real smooth drawing & accurate shooter.

$100 is a steal!!!!

Mathews Z7 Magnum & Mathews Drenalin LD
    Gold Tip Velocity XT .300 arrows w/ Blazer Vanes
    Slick Trick Magnum
    HHA 5019 Single Pin Sight / Mathews Quiver
    10" B Stinger Stabilizer

For a $100 he or you best buy it..
    They are a good shooting bow,the only bad thing is the 70% letoff.
    JBK BOWSTRINGS With the 24 Month Guarantee on All sets of strings!
    www.jbkstrings.com

2014-2015 Team #24 - Team Center Punch

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSwitchback View Post
    only bad thing is the 70% letoff.
    Others will tell you that the 70% let off is a good thing acoording to some of the Pro Shooters on AT.

Note that many of the PSE ProSeries Bows have 70% Letoff. SO it just depends on who you talk to.

I never noticed a problem with the Let Off in the 5 yrs I owned it.

Buddy shoots one, it's a solid bow

It's a nice bow, smooth draw cycle and pretty forgiving. Reminds me of the Switchback XT. Check it over closely and if it's in good shape, don't hesitate to buy it. My buddy has taken two elk with the 60 lb version. If it needs new strings/cable, there are a lot of good string builders on AT including Vaportrail, Proline, Wicked1strings, Bucknasty, etc.
    08 Mathews Drenalin, 60-70lb, 29" 422 gr 340 Easton Axis N-Fused, 2" Blazer vanes @ 67 lbs, 279 FPS, 73 lbs KE, 100 gr G5 Striker Broadheads, Trophy Taker FC Fall Away Rest, Black Gold Flashpoint Extreme 5 pin Sight

Damn maybe I should buy the bow lol. I guess I should give him the go ahead on the purchase. Now we need to dial in a draw length and find some cams and strings.
    Things I Like: Honey Badger Bowstrings, Gold Tip Arrows, Affordable Stabilizer Weights (ASW), Grave Digger Broadheads, and DS Advantage Products

So where should I get cams for this thing? Any mathews dealer can get them? How are they retail? anywhere good online to look?

Specifications

if you can buy a legacy for $100.00 you better grab it,thats a sweet bow

One of the best bows Mathews ever built, very easy to shoot, I'd buy it...

Coon
    Coon....Go deep and hunt hard
    Hoyt CRX32
    Back Gold Ignite, Trophy Taker Pronghorn, Fuse Quiver, Scott Rhino XT
    Easton ACC360, 28 1/2" draw, 60lbs, 420 grns, 261fps
    ><>

i love mine and have not bought a new bow since i've owned mine. since 2002 i have shot many turkeys, hogs and deer with it and only thing i have replaced is the strings and cables. zero complains. i wouldnt sell mine for 300 bucks

So where should I get cams for this thing? Any mathews dealer can get them? How are they retail? anywhere good online to look?
    Look in the AT classifieds
    May's Custom Archery

Contact Mathews for price and availability

So where should I get cams for this thing? Any Mathews dealer can get them? How are they retail? anywhere good online to look?
    Then check the AT Classifieds - post an ad under WTB, want to buy, to see if you can find it for less money.
    08 Mathews Drenalin, 60-70lb, 29" 422 gr 340 Easton Axis N-Fused, 2" Blazer vanes @ 67 lbs, 279 FPS, 73 lbs KE, 100 gr G5 Striker Broadheads, Trophy Taker FC Fall Away Rest, Black Gold Flashpoint Extreme 5 pin Sight