Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Braden Gellenthien??

Braden Gellenthien??

Is he shooting for Mathews now?

"Amateurs practice until they get it right.....Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."

Yes
    HDI Staff Director....It's indoor season....is your bow treated with Phase Inhibitor?

Scott Archery CBE Feather Vision

did hoyt re up cousin dave??

yep, I about crapped my pants when I found out!
    WANT TO JOIN OUR STAFF OR BECOME A DEALER... jason@blackeaglearrows.com
    "WHAT WE DO IN OUR LIFE, ECHOES IN ETERNITY."
    "SOME OF US ARE DREAMERS, AND SOME OF US ARE DO-ERS!"

Huh.

Anybody know any particular reason?

I figured he'd be a Hoyt guy for good the way he shoots them! Course I think He's one of those guys you could give a coat hanger and a rubber band to and he'd shoot a 60x.
    "Amateurs practice until they get it right.....Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by xswanted View Post
    Huh.

I figured he'd be a Hoyt guy for good the way he shoots them! Course I think He's one of those guys you could give a coat hanger and a rubber band to and he'd shoot a 60x.
    from what i heard $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$

Quote Originally Posted by possum trapper View Post
    B.S. That's all that I'll say!
    Threadz Custom Bowstrings
    LEVEL III INSTRUCTOR
    BRIAN'S CUSTOM LENSES

Man. Can you imagine Dave and Braden going at it in the finals.I would pay to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by xswanted View Post
    Huh.

I do know the reason as I talk to Braden a good bit.....but that's between he and Hoyt and Mathews...... He actually shot a Mathews before he shot for Hoyt....pretty sure all of his records other then the one he just set at 70m were set with a Mathews.

Quote Originally Posted by possum trapper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TAYLOR CO. View Post
    B.S. That's all that I'll say!

How is it BS if money is the reason? He is a PROFESSIONAL archer....meaning that he shoots for MONEY.....he is one of the few archers in the WORLD that does NOTHING but shoot a bow for ALL of his income.....

If you made $40K a year.......and I offered you $60K a year to do the EXACT same thing would you stay at the same job if you needed more money to survive?

Exactly....you would come work for me.
    HDI Staff Director....It's indoor season....is your bow treated with Phase Inhibitor?

Braden

I had a chance to talk to him at the Utah Open and he was very cool and a heck of a shooter to boot. I wish him the best of luck with mathews and the way I see it the bow does not define the shooter the shooter defines the bow. Best of luck with whatever bow you shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    I do know the reason as I talk to Braden a good bit.....but that's between he and Hoyt and Mathews...... He actually shot a Mathews before he shot for Hoyt....pretty sure all of his records other then the one he just set at 70m were set with a Mathews.

How is it BS if money is the reason? He is a PROFESSIONAL archer....meaning that he shoots for MONEY.....he is one of the few archers in the WORLD that does NOTHING but shoot a bow for ALL of his income.....

If you made $40K a year.......and I offered you $60K a year to do the EXACT same thing would you stay at the same job if you needed more money to survive?

WELL SAID BH!
    That pretty much sums up why archery is still where it is..............at the bottom of the food chain. CUP STACKING gets more publicity then archery. Why would you say its BS he went to another company for $$$$$? just because YOU will never get paid to shoot for a living doesn't mean other guys wont.Not like the guys that DO are wiping there hind ends with Benjamin's or anything? get over yourself and support a true PRO archer for god sake.
    You don't always get out what you put in because some only look to take. Do it the right way and you will be rewarded......eventually.

I would work for you, Hornet.
    Bowman Accu-Riser I and II...Greatest built American bows of all time
    Hamskea Versa Rest, Hogg Father sight, Paridigm stabilizer.
    Scorpyd Crossbows... nothing else compares
    Zeiss Victory HT 10x42 binoculars...simply superb

Yeah, I gotta go with BH on this one.

I don't think money is a BS reason to switch....we all want to make more.

He'll shoot what he wants to shoot, PERIOD! I agree with 95% of your posts Hornet..But he is going with what he likes!
    LEVEL III INSTRUCTOR
    BRIAN'S CUSTOM LENSES

I like Braden, Reo, Cousins and other Pro archers. But it's like I personally told Reo Wilde, Those guys make my Son and I EXTREMELY proud when they shoot with that USA on their backs. I don't care what bow they have in their hands. I like them all because they represent this great country so well. It doesn't hurt that they gave the rest of the world a dose in 2009. I hope they do even better in 2010, no matter what bow they shoot. Keep putting them in the X Braden!!!

He'll shoot what he wants to shoot, PERIOD! I agree with 95% of your posts Hornet..But he is going with what he likes!
    He is smoking with that C4 right now......

Braden is from my home area, I remember when we was a young kid shoot his mathews at my local shops and clubs. Long before he became pro or went to all these big shoots. He was amazing then too. He was always driven to do well. Mathews or Hoyt, he's determined and always was. Good luck Braden!! Nothing wrong with change.

Welcome to the Mathews Family!
    " SET A GOAL, ACHIEVE IT."
    http://www.brandonreyes.com/

He is smoking with that C4 right now......
    I haven't checked! I don't think that it is all about money though. He can shoot any bow that he wants too. If it was all about money, I'd still be working in Atlanta, GA. and commuting daily...But I am not...Maybe it is coming back around to that though May not have a choice as bad as they have cut wages around here.
    LEVEL III INSTRUCTOR
    BRIAN'S CUSTOM LENSES

I haven't checked! I don't think that it is all about money though. He can shoot any bow that he wants too. If it was all about money, I'd still be working in Atlanta, GA. and commuting daily...But I am not...Maybe it is coming back around to that though May not have a choice as bad as they have cut wages around here.
    Money has a lot to do with it. His Mathews contract is "gererous" to say the least and they were trying to hook Cousins too from what I understand. Mathews makes a good bow as does Hoyt and a others. These guys are going to shoot a quality bow reguardless. There are plenty out there. But in the end money makes changing brands a much easier decision.

For those of you who want to watch him set a new record, here is the video

I wonder why hoyt hasn't matched the mathews offers, or at least for Cousins?
    He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past.

- Kane

Wishing him much success in 2010 no matter what bow he shoots and hoping he joins us again in the CD Challenge at LAS next month with his new bow.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by GOT LUCKY View Post
    Wishing him much success in 2010 no matter what bow he shoots and hoping he joins us again in the CD Challenge at LAS next month with his new bow.

same here. good for him.

Thanks, first I've ever watched that competition.
    Phoenix.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast