Archery Talk Forum banner

2010 Trad Showcase

22K views 121 replies 42 participants last post by  Buxndiverdux 
#1 ·
Post up stories / pics of your 2010 hunting successes with traditional gear!

#18 ·
I have been hunting this year with my Bear Kodiak Magnum, Autumn Orange arrows and WW 145gr heads. Well at 6:30 I had a small 5 point come by the stand who was feeding along on acorns, then about 12 turkey came into the scene. At 7pm a little 7 point came behind my stand, I was hoping he would turn right and pass by but he sensed something was up and turned left to drop down the hill and I spun around and made one of those shots we practice for. Fifteen yards hit him on the left side down though the lung and out the right side. It happened so quick that I had to replay it in my mind to really believe that arrow zipped thru so fast. He just walked about 20 yards, got wobbly, laid down and took his last breath. Can't ask for more of a gift. I am thankful for the blessing and quick humane harvest.

#21 ·
First trad kill!

My first RECURVE KILL!!!! Yearlin doe at 10 steps...I have already taken two with the compound and wasn't going to do anything with this one, then I came to my senses and realized that this is the perfect opportunity for my first trad kill...I thought to myself that I may not ever get this kinda shot opportunity for a long time, glad I did it, and with two good buddies to experience it with. To God be the glory...He is good!

Quinn Stallion Classic
40# at 29"
Easton ST Excel .500
100 grain Magnus two blade

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.