Thread: whats the best whitetail areas in kansas

whats the best whitetail areas in kansas

I am from missouri and Im interested in hunting kansas for big whitetails, I am wandering from you kansas hunters what part of the state that you think is the best for whitetails, I have a few contacts in the western part of the state, southwest and north and south central and one or two south eastern farms, i don't know what else to do except to start driving and looking at these places and the habitat, or ask you guys you live there and might help a fellow archer out thanks!

I am in the northeast part of the state and there isn't a lack of big whitetails here.Never deer hunted any other area but have seen plenty of big bucks out in the central and western part of the state while out there pheasant hunting.I would say you probably can't go wrong with any area you choose.
    Just my 2 cents.

I hunt North Central, I have buddies who hunt N.E., and other buddies who hunt the S.E. part of Kansas and we all see big deer. The guys who hunt S.E. seem to always see more deer and kill big deer more consistently. But I think you'll find the consensus to be that you just about can't go wrong anywhere in the state where Whitetails live.

I live and hunt in the east central part of the state and this season sucked! We didn't see anything!
    Team Slayer Outdoors

FOB -O------------> www.starrflight.com
    NC+ Seed Company, Double Z Decals(doublezdecals.com), Madge & Nettie's Cupboard, Prairie Spirit Realty/United Country

Easten Part of the state especially around Fall River
    Regards,
    Matt Shook

Worlds First E-Release "The Viper" Pm me for details

RC-East Afghanistan Fort Riley Kansas when I am home

Where to find them

The South central part of the state gets a lot of press and video coverage but I have seen solid deer all over the state. The big outfitters lease up a huge blocks around Stafford where a lot of the big names hunt and that is why it is so popular. I have found some really nice deer in the NW and NC areas. If you put in some time and scout you have the potential to do well but this is bowhunting and there are no shortcuts. I find the harder I work at it the luckyer I get.

Tom

my place

I would stay away from the southeast portion. There are absolutely no deer or turkey in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunterdaddy View Post
    I would stay away from the southeast portion. There are absolutely no deer or turkey in that area.
    yep definitely nothing to be seen in the SEK area, don't waste your time down here
    Hoyt TurboHawk
    Spot-Hogg Real Deal
    Carter Insatiable +