Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IQ Bow sight w/retina lock at ata show

IQ Bow sight w/retina lock at ata show

I have to try this, I love blowing money on archery gear.

I shot a no peep for a few years and liked it, Maybe this will work too. My eyes are getting old.

IQ Bow sight w/retina lock
    http://www.iqbowsights.com/

Wabanaki Wilderness 207-853-0949

String SNOT & Arrow SNOT For sale!! <-------Click here to BUY!!

Authorized Retailer for BOWTECH, DARTON, DIAMOND, ELITE, MATHEWS, MISSION & PSE

If it does work the same way, it's about time that someone incorperated it into the sight housing.

I don't get it. Looks like every other sight I've seen.
    2009 Bowtech Captain, 65lb, 30", Whisker Biscuit rest, Truglo Micro-brite sight

Quote Originally Posted by High_Speed View Post
    I don't get it. Looks like every other sight I've seen.
    You ever see a "no peep" or an "anchor sight", It has this technology built into the sight. It will show flaws in form, make you aware of torque and will force a consistent anchor point and you wont have a need for a peep in your string.

I believe you! I guess I just don't understand how. I don't see how, anyway. :/

Guess I just have to look through one someday.
    2009 Bowtech Captain, 65lb, 30", Whisker Biscuit rest, Truglo Micro-brite sight

Good concept, if it is a good price on the other hand.............
    Bearfoot Archery
    Center Circle Strings
    "Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water." -W.C. Fields

Let me see if I can help.
    Image 1

Image2

Image 1 is what you will see if you don't have the same anchor point or are torqing the bow in any way.

I mage 2 which isn't perfect because I was trying to take picture and camera was at odd angle is closer to perfect form. The idea is to get it perfectly lined up. After you use this for awhile you begin to use you Peripheral vision and it becomes second nature. It is really good for aging eyes and allows shooting with both eyes open and is easier in low light situations.

The cool thing about having it built into the sight is now you have 1 less chunk of metal to worry about and it puts it close to your field of view, therefore less Peripheral vision is needed. This should be a huge hit for the no peep and anchor sight users. When you first set up your bow you set it to your anchor point.

I'd like to see one in person, and in low light. I'm concerned about the red color used with the black dot. I lose red pins first when the sun goes down. But then again it's quite a bit bigger than a pin, mabey it would'nt be so bad.

I wish somone would make one that sat on top of the sight and was separate from it. I love the way this sight looks but wish you could set up the sight like you want to as far as 3rd axis goes and then adjust the dot separately from the sight housing.

I don't know if that makes sense or not?

Will work on fixed pin sights, but not on a roving sight. I have shoot the no peep for years and it has to be mounted independent of the sight housing on a roving sight. I like the concept, just wonder how big it is. With my eyes, my no peep is getting hard to see. Looks like it would need seperate justment features seperate from the rigid sight housing.
    " Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat. Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
    Matthew 7:13-14

I am assuming the brass bushing in the back by where it connects to the riser is there for adjustment of it, so the whole sight tilts to fine tune..I may be wrong, I am just going by the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyPaul View Post
    I wish somone would make one that sat on top of the sight and was separate from it. I love the way this sight looks but wish you could set up the sight like you want to as far as 3rd axis goes and then adjust the dot separately from the sight housing.

I don't know if that makes sense or not?
    Makes sense to me, I had'nt thought about that. Good point.

IQ bow sights

Are they going to fix their website? I personally love the idea and look of the IQ bow sight.. but their website is just not working well.. for a great hunting bow-sight.
    Will they fix it?
    www.ryanjacque.com
    wildlife and portrait artist

Theoretically it should work as long as the 3rd axis does not get screwed up or tuning if you are trying to change your grip to acompany the sight making the bow hard to tune/shoot. That looks like one more thing that could just go wrong for setup and tuning.
    Tech at Big Sky Archery, Factory staff for Black Gold Premium Bowsights, Ripcord Arrow Rests, and Tight Spot Quivers

Quote Originally Posted by preacherjack View Post
    Will work on fixed pin sights, but not on a roving sight. I have shoot the no peep for years and it has to be mounted independent of the sight housing on a roving sight. I like the concept, just wonder how big it is. With my eyes, my no peep is getting hard to see. Looks like it would need seperate justment features seperate from the rigid sight housing.
    Was thinking the same thing..my no-peep is adjusted totally independent of the sight. It really has no realation to the sight pins.
    Once the no peep is adjusted for your draw and ANCHOR POINT, then you sight in. Everytime you would adjust the sight, the no peep would be off.
    UNLESS of course they have independant adjustments.
    Ford 8n Pro Staff
    =============
    What fun is it to hunt a vegetable! Anyone can sneek up on a carrot!

When are these sights supposed to come on sale? I'd really like to give it a try.

Iq

Their web site says they'll start shipping in June. I'm a no-peep and anchor site user - lot of pros/cons with each and I would like to try the Retina but have two concerns: The fish eye bubble is much smaller than the the anchor and even a lot smaller than the smaller no-peep. I wonder if it might be too small to see well. I wish they would explain how you adjust.

Given what is wrong

given what's wrong with my eyesight now because of my treestand fall.. this sight is going to be awesome. They have REPAIRED their website which is great too.
    They still have to include a contact via email button on their site. Many people just don't prefer to ask questions over the phone.. or buy anything either over the phone.
    They should get a good Q/A section for people to just read over.
    www.ryanjacque.com

yesterday

The sight has been ordered and should be here in a couple weeks. I can't wait.
    I could not even use my computer yesterday because of it working so slow, so I begged my parents to order the sight online for me. I found out that my mother actually called IQ and ordered my sight... I'd like to crawl under a rock and stay there forever.. but she did order my sight.. and yes, I'm paying her back. I've been like a squirrel saving nuts.. me saving change for months for this
    www.ryanjacque.com

These sights are listed in the new Cabela's archery catalog for $179
    Owner - Flemish Traditional Sports LLC

IQ bow sights

If your looking for the sight ASAP, calling the company is probably quicker because Cabelas and others are all on back order.

If your looking for it sooner by calling the company you will also have to pay the extra price... I think it's about 20 extra $$ more than Cabelas.
    www.ryanjacque.com

You can't use a peep with this sight?

Quote Originally Posted by zophy View Post
    You can't use a peep with this sight?
    Yes you can use a peep if you want but it is not necessary.

The peep

I know it won't be needed anymore, but I'll have to work on my form until I'm good enough to remove the peep. Getting use to having no peep is going to be difficult at first..
    Good call on the peep.. by both of you
    www.ryanjacque.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast