Thread: Who shot Maitland bows at ATA show

Exclamation Who shot Maitland bows at ATA show

So all who shot these, lets hear what you think!!! Smooth, nice machining, speeds, etc.? And what about speed cams to come?
    Athens Judgement
    CBE, Bohning, Stan releases, Black Eagle arrows

I shot the bows.. They look pretty cool and had a unique cam system.. Smooth draw and somewhat fast.. The bow did have a little more hand shock than some of the other bows.. .But it was nothing excessive.. Congrads to all the hard work he put into these bows.. I even had a guy from a different company working the shooting lane tell me I should go try one out..
    GONE TRAD....

I also shot Robs bow, given the cam system used on the bow and the speeds posted, Maitland is along with New Breed and Person in my opinion had one of the best draws of any in the show. I shot the longest riser he builds and the only thing that might be a draw back to some was weight, 4.7 pounds and Rob please correct me if I am wrong on that. I like a bit heavy riser so it was not an issue to me. There was a small hint of vibration in the riser but not shock.

The three bows I mentioned above all get top honours in my books, two for being the new guys on the block and the third for coming back from the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisAlpha View Post
    I also shot Robs bow, given the cam system used on the bow and the speeds posted, Maitland is along with New Breed and Person in my opinion had one of the best draws of any in the show. I shot the longest riser he builds and the only thing that might be a draw back to some was weight, 4.7 pounds and Rob please correct me if I am wrong on that. I like a bit heavy riser so it was not an issue to me. There was a small hint of vibration in the riser but not shock.

The three bows I mentioned above all get top honours in my books, two for being the new guys on the block and the third for coming back from the edge.
    Great review and comment............
    Hit where you aim.

anyone else?

Exactly the bows I'm interested in but no dealers around my parts. Please post up if you shot one or all of them.

very good and i agree i also shot all the bows the one that i was really impressed with was the pearson advantage super smooth on the draw, rock solid wall and zero hand shock!!!
    the handle felt great as well!! really suprised !! great job to those guys!! as well as the others!!
    Join my family on Facebook at Buckeye Bruisers! And like our page!

THE ARCHERY SHOP STAFF SHOOTER
    TRU BALL STAFF SHOOTER
    AXCEL STAFF SHOOTER

ttt

more more??? anyone?

ttt

I have been following Rob's threads on here since he started them and was very intrigued by his designs. After several conversations with him I signed on as a rep for his line with out shooting any of his prototypes. I had my concerns about agreeing to rep a bow I hadn't shot. Well Thursday I got the opportunity to shoot both bows and was very impressed with everything about them. I may be somewhat biased as I am going to rep this line. I will still look to shoot bows that are well designed and draw nicely and have good stability and fit my archery need.
    I shot the Zeus first; Target colored Zeus is very cool, camo is just that camo.
    Fit and finish is great on all bows but really show in the target colors. They are very adjustable as far as draw length 27,28,29 30" using modules. Brace height can be changed by turning limb pocket block. The 36" riser platform is extremely steady. I typically shoot a 60 lb draw weight and the Zeus was set at 65 lbs. and pulled back very easily.Valley in draw was very good and allows you to settle with out being pulled out of the shot. Wall is very solid and feels nice. Speeds are not blazing but overall performance is smooth, vibration free and should be a good selling bow. Truly thought it would be my 3D bow of choice.
    Second up was the Retribution;
    I almost passed shooting this as I am not a short ATA bow lover, but shoot it I did and have to say it impressed me to no end. Very smooth draw, no hard rollover, good wall and steady in the hand. Again speed range is right there in the mix with most companies. The draw was so smooth I believe I could shoot a 70lb. draw weight with no problems. The camo finish is very good and the wood grip just adds to the bows appearance. This bow may have changed my mind on shorter ATA's, this may be my 3D bow. After shooting these bows I am glad I jumped on board as a rep for these bows.
    Sorry for the long post but you asked and I replied. Hope the info helps, I also shot Hoyt and Elite and found many nice surprises with their bows.
    Hoyt Vantage X8, Hoyt Contender, Hoyt Vector 35 and Hoyt Spyder 30
    "Live and learn, some people just live."
    First Stryke archery and hunting products rep.

Draws pretty smooth, has a little shock BUT overall a very good product for being as new as they are....nice to see a possible new kid on the block!

Now if I can get one closer to my draw....say 24 3/4 then we would be talkin!

Samantha

Thumbs up

Any info on speed cams to come? Sounds like you have a great bow Rob!!!! Really want to try one!!!
    Athens Judgement
    CBE, Bohning, Stan releases, Black Eagle arrows

I shot both the Zues and the Retribution. Overall I would say they are both good bows and would consider them average compared to the competition. Weight of the bow was on the heavy side for me and would be comparible to a Hoyt but thats to be expected with a longer riser. The bow did balance well in the hand. Draw curve felt good and a solid wall. Speeds for these cams are around 313-320 so maybe a little below average for a non speed bow but still respectable. Speed cams are supposed to come in around 340 but are not done yet. Like others I did feel some vibration on the shot but nothing excessive. Machining of the riser left a little to be desired in my opinion however I feel it falls into the average catagory compared to the competition. I think a little more work around the grip and shelf area are needed but keep in mind these were prototype handles. Price on the bows are a little steep when compared to the competitions specs and prices however the bows do fill in some gaps in the market. I believe the Zues retails around 1050 and I want to say the Retribution around 850-950? There will be more bows coming that are at a lower price point.