Thread: Installing a G5 Peep sight, help

Question Installing a G5 Peep sight, help

I was talking to someone on AT, and they were telling me in order to put in a tube less peep sight. I need to twist my bow string so it doesn't come out?
    Can't I just just tie it in a specific way and now have to twist my string?

You only need to put a twist in your string if your peep doesn't line up when you're at full draw. Just split your strings and put in the peep. There are many differnent ways to serve it in. Just look around on here. Hope this helps.
    Deer Crossing Archery Advisory Staff Shooter Use promo code Tyler105 for 10% off at deercrossingarchery.com
    Mathews Heli-M Tactical

we just split the strands equally, then insert the peep get it at the right height, serve the top in. Then wrap around the peep its self, then serve the bottom in we use one piece of serving to do it and the peep has never come out.
    Team Whack 'Em & Stack 'Em Hunting Staff
    Elite Z28 30/60
    Chief Arrow Stick Out

Yes, you just tie it in like any other peep. This person may have gotten confused in what they were trying to say. With a tubeless peep you may need to put in or take out a twist or two on the string to get the peep lined up correctly. You also need good quality strings in order to keep the peep from rotating due to stretch. A good quality string will not stretch and once the tubeless peep is set it will stay that way and come back to you straight every time you draw.
    Hoyt CS34

Quote Originally Posted by Dierte View Post
    You only need to put a twist in your string if your peep doesn't line up when you're at full draw. Just split your strings and put in the peep. There are many differnent ways to serve it in. Just look around on here. Hope this helps.
    Yes this is correct. Split the strands evenly and install the peep. Then you may have to add or take away twists to align the peep properly so you can see through it when at full draw as your not gonna have a tube attached to the peep to line it up for you. Then after finding the proper height and aligning it, tie it in with serving. A quality custom made string is a bonus so that stretch or creep will not occur, keeping you from having to re-align the peep at the most inopportune time.