Thread: Best brand of Arrow?

Best brand of Arrow?

Tell me what is the best brand of arrow out there and the most importantly why. If you just name a brand w/o telling me why, your info will be taken with a grain of salt. Look at my sig and tell me what i should be shooting please.

Well, I know I will be in the small majority, but I say it's Easton's XX75 or XX78 aluminum arrows. Show me an arrow that is as consistent in spine and straightness for anywhere near the price of these arrows. I'll wait......

Granted, if you're a speed freak, you'll turn your nose up at them. But I've never bought a dozen of any brand of carbon arrow and had basically all twelve of them shoot exactly the same as I have with these aluminum shafts.
    Team 34- Rack Attack
    2011 PSE X-Force Dream Season Evo in black/camo; AAE DOA drop-away rest
    HHA OL-5019 sight; 1/4" Red Eye Peep; Spot-Hogg Saturday Night Special release
    27" Easton XX78 2314's with NAP Twisters and wraps; 125 grain Magnus Snuffers

I prefer Easton, and Gold Tip is up there as well.

Easton: The biggest and most popular arrow supplier for a reason. There products are top quality and extremely consistent. They have an arrow for everyone...and not just one, but several different choices that would meet anyones needs. I have yet to use any easton arrow that I flat out said I would never shoot this again....although some other shafts made now owned by easton (Bemans) are not so great in my experiences. Although it doesnt weigh into my decision as much as others.....Made in the USA!

Gold Tip: Toughest arrow on earth! They offer a great variety of arrows although not as extensive as easton theres surely an arrow that should meet your needs or price range. Again not that its super important to me.....moving some manufacturing now back in the USA!

Some underrated shafts that need minor improvements here and there and could be at the top: Trophy Ridge and Radial X Weaves!
    Elite Answer
    Dead Center Archery Bowhunting Staff Triple Toe Game Calls Pro Staff

The arrows that impress me most with their weight and straightness tolerences and overal consistent quality.... Carbon Express. The CX Maxima 3D Select is the best of the best, in my humble opinion.
    An "archer" tries to see how far away he can get from his target and still connect. A "BOWHUNTER" tries to see how CLOSE he can get to his.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    The arrows that impress me most with their weight and straightness tolerences and overal consistent quality.... Carbon Express. The CX Maxima 3D Select is the best of the best, in my humble opinion.
    X2 I keep going back to these because they shoot so consistent, i've shot my best groups with these arrows, escpecially at longer distances
    10 Elite GT500
    62.5lbs
    28.5''

GoldTip I would have to say. I've been shooting them for 9 years now. They will break sometimes glancing off of trees, rocks, deer falling on them, etc. But, I have shot straight into rocks and bones without issue many times as well. They also are pretty consistent for me as far as the weight and quality.
    '08 PSE Dream Season
    GoldTip XT Hunter Arrows
    Carter Chocolate Addiction Lite

It's almost always the indian, not the bow.

TY guys

For hunting I got to vote for the trophy ridges crush's. They're well priced (cheaper then most top end), good weight, penetrate hard, very very straight, & silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiehunter06 View Post
    GoldTip I would have to say. I've been shooting them for 9 years now. They will break sometimes glancing off of trees, rocks, deer falling on them, etc. But, I have shot straight into rocks and bones without issue many times as well. They also are pretty consistent for me as far as the weight and quality.

Gold Tip
    DEADCENTER ARCHERY PROSTAFF, VAPORTRAIL PROSTAFF
    AUTHORIZED PSE, ELITE AND BEAR ARCHERY DEALER!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JLARCHERY View Post
    Gold Tip
    Funny, you must not of read the first post.

Victory more specific Nano Force the only arrow Ive been able to bare shaft at 100 and keep it in the yellow. Excellent straitness, spine consistancy,verry consistant weight between shafts on Victory shafts.
    Vantage Elite spots and dots, alien Z 3D, Warthog Hunting, Savanna long bow fun.
    Victory Pro Staff shooter
    Posten so the spot doesnt move.
    Level 3 community coach

easton has the finest arrow shafts in the industry!
    WANT TO JOIN OUR STAFF OR BECOME A DEALER... jason@blackeaglearrows.com
    "WHAT WE DO IN OUR LIFE, ECHOES IN ETERNITY."
    "SOME OF US ARE DREAMERS, AND SOME OF US ARE DO-ERS!"

Quote Originally Posted by BDHUNTR View Post
    Well, I know I will be in the small majority, but I say it's Easton's XX75 or XX78 aluminum arrows. Show me an arrow that is as consistent in spine and straightness for anywhere near the price of these arrows. I'll wait......

Granted, if you're a speed freak, you'll turn your nose up at them. But I've never bought a dozen of any brand of carbon arrow and had basically all twelve of them shoot exactly the same as I have with these aluminum shafts.
    My thoughts exactly!

I really like the Carbon Impact fat shaft green label, Extremely tight tolerance on manufacturing. I heard of no problems with anyone that shoots them. Very consistent on weight, spine, and straightness.
    Invision Outdoors Pro Staff
    PREDATOR CAMO Pro Staff
    Bear Motive 6 AP Snow
    Strother SX-1
    www.invisionoutdoors.net

Easton

Easton axis They're the toughtest shafts I've shot, Excellent hunting shaft.

Gold Tip XT hunters or Expeditions. Very tough durable arrow, shoots good and reasonably priced. At your draw length and weight, I would think a 7595 would fit the bill.
    2011 Bowtech Invasion tuned by Baldy's
    28" draw, 72lbs 317fps
    QAD HDX
    Easton Flatlines w/ Vanetec HP vanes
    Grim Reapers

thanks guys

carbon express has treated me well...

durable and great hunting shafts...now they have more to choose from...

i love the flight i get out of the maxima hunters but will be switching to the mayhem hunter when they come out for some added weight

easton are good too but i dont like thin shafts like most of them are.
    Wish I was Hunting

Acc

Easton ACC's. they are in my quriver ever year. I have tried or uses dozens of arrows over the years. After many trys to get an that doesnt brake the bank I just keep going back to acc. I can not find an arrow that shoot as good. Only down side is there 150.00 a dozen price.
    Mathews Reezen
    29" at 72#
    ACC 360 Wac-em
    Just because I shoot past 50 yards doesn't make me a bad guy

Victory and Carbon Express.

Victory V Force V1: Very well made arrows that have held up very well. For my current setup they are spine correctly and are the correct gpi for what I like.

Carbon Express Maxima: These were the first arrows I bough and they are my favorite. They are super durable and can handle being banged into one another when shooting and come out unmarked. I am switching back to Maxima's and getting the 3D selects b/c they again will be the right spine and gpi for my bow at 29".
    Athens Accomplice 32
    29.5"/ 60 lbs
    Athens Factory Staff