Thread: Best carter Thumb Release?

Best carter Thumb Release?

I would really like to try a thumb release and was wondering what recommendations you guys would have. Which model do you use and why?

My main purpose to control target panic by using a different release in the offseason. I may hunt with it, but mostly just for practice.

Mike

There is really no best from Carter, they are all of the same high standard. It really comes down to what fits your hand and feels the best. The only thing you might consider is the Chocolate Addiction cocks and closes the gate in one motion, nice for when you are wearing gloves. The CA is a pretty large release though, good for larger hands or once again with gloves. For pure target shooting there are other models as or more popular but the differences will be only what it feels like in your hand. A couple of other popular models are the Target 3 and 4, and the Just B'Cuz.

If you are new to T-handle releases I would consider buying a four-finger model. You won't know if you prefer three or four fingers on your release until you shoot with one for a while and a four-finger can be shot both ways, a three-finger obviously cannot.

Carter makes great releases but I have been shooting a STAN Shootoff lately and really like it. You might put that on your list of "possibles" too. I hunt with my thumb triggers, like to hunt with what I practice with. Makes everything "instinctive" when the moment of truth comes...

Theres so many of them. Maybe the new Whisper???

The chocolate addition 4 finger is awesome for hunting and I like my Insatiable 3 for spots.
    Elite Pulse 28/70 LD, Boss Hogg, B Stinger, Kwikee, CT Whtetail XP's, Slick Tricks
    SR-71 28/70 LD, CBE Quad Light 3D, B Stinger, CT Cheetah's

Carter Thumb Releases

I cannot say it better than the previous post. It really comes down to what fits you and how you want to use the release. It makes a lot of difference what you hand size is, if a 3 finger or 4 finger feels more comfortable/natural, and if you want to wear a glove in hunting. It also matters if you want a release with a finger hole and which finger hole. If you wear an extra large glove (have large hands) and like a finger hole some really great releases are insatiable 2 (index finger hole, 4 finger, large size), jus b cuz (same as insatiable 2 except 3 finger) and hammer (middle finger hole, 4 finger, large size). The smaller comparable releases would be fits me too and just cuz. The beauty is that they all are high quality. Another important aspect is how much trigger tension you want/need. Carter addressed this problem by making a quick change spring kit for related releases. It is called interchangable tension system (ITS) which consists of assorted springs and allen wrenches. You loosen 1 allen screw pop, pop off the cover, remove the spring and simply replace the spring with correct tension. Not all the carter thumb releases have ITS so if you buy 1 without better make sure it has the factory installed spring that you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Easykeeper View Post
    There is really no best from Carter, they are all of the same high standard. It really comes down to what fits your hand and feels the best. The only thing you might consider is the Chocolate Addiction cocks and closes the gate in one motion, nice for when you are wearing gloves. The CA is a pretty large release though, good for larger hands or once again with gloves. For pure target shooting there are other models as or more popular but the differences will be only what it feels like in your hand. A couple of other popular models are the Target 3 and 4, and the Just B'Cuz.

If you are new to T-handle releases I would consider buying a four-finger model. You won't know if you prefer three or four fingers on your release until you shoot with one for a while and a four-finger can be shot both ways, a three-finger obviously cannot.

Carter makes great releases but I have been shooting a STAN Shootoff lately and really like it. You might put that on your list of "possibles" too. I hunt with my thumb triggers, like to hunt with what I practice with. Makes everything "instinctive" when the moment of truth comes...
    well said... i hunt, shoot indor and 3D all with my Carter Chocolate LITE.