Thread: Pop up blind for turkey hunting

Pop up blind for turkey hunting

Can anyone tell me which pop up blind would be ideal for bowhunting for turkey I want something that you can set up and take down real fast and I dont want to pay the price of a double bull Any one have any experiance with the primos ground max

I've used a ground max for two years with no problems so far. Nice blind for the $$$

Primos predator den goes up ad down super fast if your looking for a larger blind. I have seen em on sale as low as 99.99 at cabelas if you catch one of their sales. Do a search on forums. Blinds were recently discussed. A lot of guys were swearing by another brand that someone sells on here. A little more money though. At least it will give you some other models to think about. One of things I like about Den is if zipper breaks to get in an out you can still close it. Opening right at a corner. I definately think they were cheap on zippers. But so was my ameristep dog house, an orginal and my dad is still using mine with no issues just some minor repairs. A nearby cornfield with a natural draw had the blind they are disucssung at the edge of woods leading into draw. They left it up all fall and winter. It even held up to all the snow on top, Never once was the snow removed from top and it didnt cave in. I was shocked by that one. The snow was really piling up on it. My wife couldnt belive I could see it at three hundred yards. I couldnt figure out what blind it was until the discussion came up and I saw a picture. Similar pattern to predator just a little different. I would have loved to seen it close up after being out that long. From distance I saw it at nothing major happened but thats all I could tell. It also held up to alot of very repeated windy days. I was suprised on several ocassions to see it still standing and once piece.
    LH Dren HHA Ultra WB
    Vapor Trail Strings
    Torqueless grip/Slingbraid
    Poverty Hollow modular Stab
    ST Magnums's

Definetly check out the PRIMOS VISION they have an awesome window set up and quick set up and take down. Come with a great pack bag to hold blind and a chair and can strap bow or gun on the pack also. I have 2 of them and couldn't be happier with them.

I too was interested in the Preditor Den blind. I haven't found a store yet that has them on display. One thing I noticed about the windows is it looked to me that there were just a bunch of small triangular shaped windows to shoot through instead of a large open area like the DB. Maybe I wasn't looking at it right, but if that's the shooting windows then I'll pass on the Preditor Den. It would be o.k for firearms, but it didn't look to be set up for archery very well? I'm going to take another look at it.

The Den has big windows in center of each side and than the smaller triangles on each side. It seems like this configuartion does a better job of keeping you hidden inside then some of the other models I have seen that are more open and make you stick out like a sore thumb. I don't think the center windows are too small. If it was just the smaller triangles I wouldn't have bought it. Only models I have seen set up in person are ones at Cableas and Basspro. Den was my favorite out of all of em. I havent seen the other two models people have been talking about. Might have been a tough choice if I did. But after going from a doghouse to Den I have no complaints.
    LH Dren HHA Ultra WB
    Vapor Trail Strings
    Torqueless grip/Slingbraid
    Poverty Hollow modular Stab
    ST Magnums's

Hunlee live on north side of river butt not far from big water
    Hunlee allso wantin good popup blind for thunder chickin hunting butt hunleeis not wanting to spend the looooong dollar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hunlee keep watch for grate deel on thems then buy a grate price befor thunder chickin seeson starts in

hunlee
    Strikezone FAN BOY hunlee shootin
    SZ350 and SZ380 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WARP SPEED SPLINTERS drawin blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ground max

Quote Originally Posted by ScottParson View Post
    I've used a ground max for two years with no problems so far. Nice blind for the $$$
    I second that.

Quote Originally Posted by mdillon View Post
    The Den has big windows in center of each side and than the smaller triangles on each side.
    You're right! I went back and looked at some other pics. and it showed the center windows down.
    Has anyone had any experience with the ground max vision? It's $50 more than the Preditor Den. Looks to be close to the same size? Has bigger openings, and the weight is a pound heavier than the Preditor Den.

One word of advice on ground blinds....you get what you pay for. Personally I would save up your $$$ and get a Double Bull Dark Horse.

Fredrick Champion's Choice Calls
    Nature's Echo Custom Calls

If you want a blind designed for turkey hunting, you want something extremely light weight and fast to set up, this blind by Rhino (cut and run) is made for you! Weighs like 6 pounds and sets up in seconds for you run and gun style hunters and cost $99.95- not the looooong dollar as Hunlee says lol!
    http://www.rhino-labs.com/index.cfm?...f&PageName=Off
    TROPHY HUNTERS SUPPLY LLC
    Authorized Dealer of: Elite Archery.. PSE..ONEIDA EAGLE.. Xpedition..& OBSESSION Bows- Ten Point.. Scorpyd..& Barnett crossbows-AXT-Carbon Express-Rage-QAD-Tru Fire-Stokerized, KTech Stabilizers-HHA..CBE..& Trijicon Sights- we have many more products, please call! www.trophyhunterssupply.com text to 920-562-0099 sales@trophyhunterssupply.com CALL/TEXT OR EMAIL US FOR FAST REPLIES!! Store number 920-833-BOWS (2697)

Quote Originally Posted by thirdypointer View Post
    If you want a blind designed for turkey hunting, you want something extremely light weight and fast to set up, this blind by Rhino (cut and run) is made for you!
    Looks interesting? Most blinds I've seen have a black color inside to make it dark and difficult for a bird to see your movement when you pull your bow back, and if you're wearing black it looks dang near impossible to see. I somewhat like the idea that you don't always need a full 4 sided blind with a roof, but how do you conceal your movements with the window down in the cut and run?

[QUOTE=mdillon;1056780177]I definately think they were cheap on zippers.[QUOTE]

I agree, that has been the only problem i have had with mine

Quote Originally Posted by ScottParson View Post
    I absolutely love my Escape Deluxe! Its light, plenty of windows, goes up and down in a flash, and I picked up the blind bag from primos in predator camo so I can hold the blind, chair, stakes, and bow all in one pack so now it will be the ultimate mobile blind. I was lucky enough to get mine 2 years ago before primos slapped there name on them and added $90 to the price....same blind and camo!
    Elite Answer
    Dead Center Archery Bowhunting Staff Triple Toe Game Calls Pro Staff

I will be using a cut and run this spring I can't wait to get in the woods with it,

The Rhino XP1 is on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by va limbhanger View Post
    Looks interesting? Most blinds I've seen have a black color inside to make it dark and difficult for a bird to see your movement when you pull your bow back, and if you're wearing black it looks dang near impossible to see. I somewhat like the idea that you don't always need a full 4 sided blind with a roof, but how do you conceal your movements with the window down in the cut and run?
    You still have window screens but since your not in the "dark" you do have to be more catious about movement. You'll definately get away with more movement than without it though, just another option to a regular blind that is lighter and quicker to move for less money, but not for everyone.
    TROPHY HUNTERS SUPPLY LLC
    Authorized Dealer of: Elite Archery.. PSE..ONEIDA EAGLE.. Xpedition..& OBSESSION Bows- Ten Point.. Scorpyd..& Barnett crossbows-AXT-Carbon Express-Rage-QAD-Tru Fire-Stokerized, KTech Stabilizers-HHA..CBE..& Trijicon Sights- we have many more products, please call! www.trophyhunterssupply.com text to 920-562-0099 sales@trophyhunterssupply.com CALL/TEXT OR EMAIL US FOR FAST REPLIES!! Store number 920-833-BOWS (2697)

Ameristep brickhouse. About $100 and it is simple. I love mine.
    "When I'm not hunting I'm thinking about hunting. It's on my mind, because it's in my blood. When the hunt calls, my bow points the way. Until there is no more ground to cover and no more stories to tell. When you are a bowhunter, the hunt never end."

I just got the rhino xp1 and I love it.

Blackout 2011 & 2012 Hoyt Carbon Elements, "Crackerized"PSE AXE 6, KIFARU Longhunter Guide pack, Magnus Rack Pack, Magnus Bullheads, Tight Spot Quiver, Bow Stix, Double Bull Blinds, Lone Wolf Stands, ZEN RAY 8X43 ED2 Optics