Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Backpack Straps for Summit climber

my platform on my summit 180max mounts on top of the seat bar.your molle straps would go on platform,not the seat bar.so the seat bar is against your back then the floor platform with molle straps attached to platform .

i cant see any problem mounting it to the floor platform just like the summit strap is mounted now from factory.might be a little different putting the stands together, you would have to pull the edges of waist belt back through the seat bar is all.

dont know how waist belt will feel with bar against your back but i dont see any problem.

i will be trying mine on my new 180 max this weekend if it comes........

Quote Originally Posted by daveswpa View Post
    Just bought two sets of padded treestand straps at Dick's today for $6 a pair on clearance.
    buy a waist belt and sew it into the straps and you will have it made.WAIST belt is secret not straps..........

take care sproul........

Quote Originally Posted by buckslayerII View Post
    I looked at the link Sproul posted. The system is shown attached to a Bushmaster model and looks to be straight-foward because the Bushmaster doesn't have the bar in front or the larger seat. Those are the two things that present a problem with the Viper models. I'll have to look at it harder - maybe I'm missing the obvious.
    i have surround seat on my 180 max.it hangs down like that pic on bushmaster.the straps should not interfere with seat at all.opening should be way wide above top od surround seat to hook straps/belt up and carry.

I went to the army surplus place here locally and got some ALICE pack straps. they are different than the ones the guy uses on the summit stand. they are connected at the tops, like a y and have clips that you can clip on to the stand.
    they are $7
    I can get some pics later if any1 wants to see them. I got a chest strap and put it on them to help. they have the kidney waist belt also but it is $12 I think. I may go back and get it later, I know it makes a big difference.

if any1 has an interest in some, I can get pics or everything this place has and I can get it for you guys that don't have a store. I know there are a bunch online though.

Is there a difference between the MOLLE system and ALICE straps and if so, what?

i like MOLLE 11 with waist belt and SNAPS.there is member here that tested both.he like MOLLE better.both will work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by buckslayerII View Post
    Is there a difference between the MOLLE system and ALICE straps and if so, what?
    alice are easier to find and little cheaper. I've heard the molle kidney system is worse on your back than the alice. and if you are using the frame system. the molle is plastic and does break

Thumbs up

Take a look at this one guys. It's a lone wolf with the molle strap and belt.

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum...pics/2078287/1

molle straps

i got my molle ii straps/belt today.it took about 15 minutes to put both on my SUMMIT 180 MAX.
    only problem was the 180 max is wider.the top side straps would not reach.

so i used the summit straps that came with stand to use in place of 1 on each side of the molle straps.it worked fine.

you actually have too many straps at top,some i just tied in a knot around outside edge.
    so far its worked great.i like woodland camo too.i am mounting a bag on stand for my climbing rope/saw i just ordered..

8$ in woodland camo...
    http://www.militarymart.com/store/MO...uflage-GC.html

I wish I could find the waist belt and this in either digital or woodland.Cant seem to find that combo anywhere.(Also with the quick release buckles)
    I am going to do this to my viper and my wife's X1. She won't need the waist belt since her stand only weighs 11 lbs.My viper is over 20 and I'd like to attach my bow to it somehow for long treks.

Quote Originally Posted by damageinc View Post
    8$ in woodland camo...
    http://www.militarymart.com/store/MO...uflage-GC.html

I wish I could find the waist belt and this in either digital or woodland.Cant seem to find that combo anywhere.(Also with the quick release buckles)
    I am going to do this to my viper and my wife's X1. She won't need the waist belt since her stand only weighs 11 lbs.My viper is over 20 and I'd like to attach my bow to it somehow for long treks.
    here is where i got mine. allegheny wholesale in meadville,pa.
    32 dollars delievered with waist belt in woodland camo in very good condition.straps were 19.95,belt was 4.88 and rest shipping............

www.alleghenywholesale.com

Where the heck is the waist \ kidney belt? I can't find it on there.

Where the heck is the waist \ kidney belt? I can't find it on there.
    i just saw many pics of it on allegheny site.
    key on MOLLE GEAR ,you should see it.waist belt takes weight off your shoulders. without it the treestand will fell heavy.

WAIST BELT IS MUST.....

sproul has spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

been all over the site...tried molle gear...no luck.I ordered the straps but need is now.It would suck without this part.

Nice- I found it- molle kidney....
    This should work well and cheap enough I bought the set up for both of us.

been all over the site...tried molle gear...no luck.I ordered the straps but need is now.It would suck without this part.
    scroll down left side slowly.you will find MOLLE GEAR.click on it. first line is molle waist belt/kidney

Huh funny.I got the straps for 8$ and the belt for 12$...the 20% off only over 50$ orders so I upgraded to new and it still wouldnt give it to me...but I am happy and a cheap well functioning solution.

allegheny is on e-bay.thats where i got price for belt for 4.88 and straps for 19.95 used in very good condition. BUT you have to call them and they will bunch your order so you only pay 7 dollars for shipping.

call them is better than looking at straps..............say you saw it on E-BAY for that price.........

It is a slow delivery but once they come I will post pics of each setup.

Strap Molle II

I finally got the refund from the shoulder straps that I never got then sold the matching woodland waist belt and ended up with DCU desert...I would have preferred to go with DCU non desert but the deer can't tell either way. The only issue is if I leave my rig at the base of a tree on public land- it will stand out.
    I have so much tied up in my climber now that I don't think I will be leaving it out any more.
    I have a link with 2 different climbers complete (X-10 and a Summit Viper) hanging on a wall. I can take more detailed pictures if anyone is interested...
    Here is the link to my blog:
    http://forhuntersbyhunters.wordpress...ut-not-really/

I've got Alice straps and kidney belt on my Loggy Bayou climber. Got them at local Army Surplus store. They work great, the kidney belt makes a huge difference. I'd rather go with cheap straps and a kidney belt. It takes so much weight off the shoulders I doubt the padded straps are needed. I think I paid about $25 total including a chest strap.

The other day I got a Molle Strap and Belt, they were $10 each at the surplus store. I'm gonna put them on my Muddy stand and use it as a portable setup. I'll compare them both once I get it setup.

If it's either/or get the kidney belt!!! And go to local Army Surplus, much cheaper.

peace.
    unloaded

subscribed

I really need to do this with my viper. Tired of the sore shoulders after hiking miles on public land hauling it around. Will check army surplus.

shoot often, hunt safe, have fun

take a backpack cut the straps off it and fix it to go o your stand
    -Cory

Write up

I have looked all over for decent pictures of attaching the Molle II to a tree climber and haven't found any. I have been asked to take some detailed pictures of the 2 stands that I have done and will have them posted on the Pa Outdoors blog within a few days...
    Stop on by:
    http://forhuntersbyhunters.wordpress.com/

on my testing i have found that each person is different do to our sizes.i have moved my straps 3 times and still moving it.
    first time stand hit back of my legs.next it just did not feel comfortable.
    so you really have to try different hook-ups and take a WALK with it.
    but its a big improvement over the straps from the manufacture.

waist belt is a MUST..................I AM HAVING LITTLE BAGS SEWED INTO BACK OF WAIST BELT ALSO SO I CAN PUT LITTLE THINGS IN THEM.MORE STORAGE , YOU NEVER HAVE ENOUGH.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast