Archery Talk Forum banner

Unkown HoytUSA Bow

8K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  tedlebo 
#1 ·
I just bought a used Hoyt Excel compound bow and I cant find the model/serial number so I can find out how much it is worth. It is an older model and I was wondering if I posted some pics could anyone tell me what model it is and possibly how much it might be worth.

#2 ·
Excel was a model of Hoyt molded limbs. Post a pic and I can tell you which riser it is.

#7 ·
It's a '96. I had one with Supreme limbs and Command cams....great bow. Built like a tank. You could probably beat a bear to death with it. :lol:

Sadly, you can hardly give them away now. I gave mine to a teenaged neighbor to get him into hunting. Better than selling it for nothing to someone who wouldn't use it.

#8 ·
That is definitely a Defiant with Excel limbs. Those cams were called Master cams, and that camo pattern was called NATURE FORM. The excel limbs were the molded version for that year. The FastFlite and Supreme limbs were the higher end models.

#9 ·
95 defiant, I just sold mine in the last year. The excel limbs were their economy laminated limbs priced between the solid glass and the fast flite. Check the limb forks for cracks, I cracked 3 sets before hoyt upgraded me to fast flite limbs. That bow was pretty fast and really accurate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.