Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 61

Thread: B stinger XL premier or the Doinker Fatty?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WEST VIRGINIA
    Posts
    8,794
    Quote Originally Posted by viperarcher View Post
    Back to the orginal question!! LOL , I guess if all I want to do is stabilize my sight picture, couldn't I do that with really good form? Couldn't i do that with any stiff Rod, with weights placed at the end? just the right balance of a side rod or V bars?
    Yeah your right. You could get a nice stable sight picture with any good stiff rod, and good form. Good form is by far more crucial than any stabilizer, but any good stiff stabilizer that allows you to add, and/or remove weight from the ends will work. I'm not a fanboy of any company so last thing I will do is say you can only get that sight picture with X product. It simply isn't true, nothing more than marketing hype. Any of the new rods using this ultra stiff technology is going to do basically the same thing.
    Personally I am using the B-stinger xl premiere bars, and I am very happy with them. I can not comment of the doinker fatty rods because I have never used them. But I know people who have, and swear they are just as stiff as the stingers, so I would not hesitate to buy those either.

    VORTEX OPTICS NATIONAL FIELD STAFF ............VICTORY NATIONAL STAFF
    AEP PRO STAFF///////////////////////////////////////BRITE SITE SHOOTING STAFF
    TRU BALL SHOOTING STAFF/////////////////////////BOHNING STAFF SHOOTER
    SIXX STRINGS
    ADDING X's TO EVERYTHING WE DO!! www.sixxstrings.com


  2. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Fort Dodge, Ia
    Posts
    336
    Well I put the Bstingers on my Hoyt Pro Elite and had ppl shooting next to me say that they wont shoot them cause they make the bow vibrate. I have not any vibration equipment on my bow other than the two shock rubbers in the limbs that hoyt comes with and my bow has no vibration! None!! Now with that said there prolly are some bows out there that will vibrate like crazy with them but then they do without them also. I would be willing to bet tho that if you put them on say a bowtech general or mathews Z7, Alphamax or any other new bow that is completely dead in the hand at the shot putting a bstinger on it will not make it vibrate. Use the stabilizer for what it is used for and that is stabilize the sight picture. If you need vibration dampening either get a new dead bow or pile on the limbsaver products. I am not promoting the product you need to get what makes you happy but I have not seen one of the new fatties but I have shot the doinkers and they are very nice. The guy from bstinger that set up my bow with his stuff told everyone standing there that the doinker product was a very nice piece and just told why he thought his was better without knocking or cutting down anything that doinker made. Get what you feel you need for your shooting but I am happy with what I have in the stinger.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,044
    Quote Originally Posted by BOWGOD View Post
    Yeah your right. You could get a nice stable sight picture with any good stiff rod, and good form. Good form is by far more crucial than any stabilizer, but any good stiff stabilizer that allows you to add, and/or remove weight from the ends will work. I'm not a fanboy of any company so last thing I will do is say you can only get that sight picture with X product. It simply isn't true, nothing more than marketing hype. Any of the new rods using this ultra stiff technology is going to do basically the same thing.
    Personally I am using the B-stinger xl premiere bars, and I am very happy with them. I can not comment of the doinker fatty rods because I have never used them. But I know people who have, and swear they are just as stiff as the stingers, so I would not hesitate to buy those either.
    I like the part your not a fanboy and the typical fanboy hype or the newest marking crave sheep to the slaugter. Just the Fact and no nonsense ! I respect that!
    2010 Hoyt Maxxis 35 ,Hoyt vulcan, Hoyt ultra elite, Hoyt Katera XL, Hoyt Alphamax, Hoyt Turbo Hawk ,Truball axcel 3000, Extreme scope, DMI drop away, Trophy Taker spring steel 2, AEP Custom Stabilizers, specialty archery super peep, Carter release aids, Gold tip pro hunters, GT 22 ultra, CXL Target arrows Blazer vanes, Dura vanes.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WEST VIRGINIA
    Posts
    8,794
    Quote Originally Posted by viperarcher View Post
    I like the part your not a fanboy and the typical fanboy hype or the newest marking crave sheep to the slaugter. Just the Fact and no nonsense ! I respect that!
    Thanks, I never try to argue with physics, or just plain commonsense.
    VORTEX OPTICS NATIONAL FIELD STAFF ............VICTORY NATIONAL STAFF
    AEP PRO STAFF///////////////////////////////////////BRITE SITE SHOOTING STAFF
    TRU BALL SHOOTING STAFF/////////////////////////BOHNING STAFF SHOOTER
    SIXX STRINGS
    ADDING X's TO EVERYTHING WE DO!! www.sixxstrings.com

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,044
    I am wounding if Terry was using a B stinger when he just won Gainsville?
    2010 Hoyt Maxxis 35 ,Hoyt vulcan, Hoyt ultra elite, Hoyt Katera XL, Hoyt Alphamax, Hoyt Turbo Hawk ,Truball axcel 3000, Extreme scope, DMI drop away, Trophy Taker spring steel 2, AEP Custom Stabilizers, specialty archery super peep, Carter release aids, Gold tip pro hunters, GT 22 ultra, CXL Target arrows Blazer vanes, Dura vanes.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    22,927
    Quote Originally Posted by pabowman View Post
    Why do you think 99% of all stabilizers today have some kind of rubber or polymer material in or on them in some way shape or form...
    To trick people into thinking their bow feels good.

    Same reason 99% of ladies wear makeup....cover a flaw.
    The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    760

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobmuley View Post
    To trick people into thinking their bow feels good.

    Same reason 99% of ladies wear makeup....cover a flaw.
    Sounds like you got to drunk one night and ended up married... sorry about your luck but you are missing the point.
    Rob Friedl,
    Pro-Staff:Tinkers Archery LLC, STAN Releases, Bohning Archery, Gold Tip Arrows, B-Stinger Stabilizers, 60X Custom Strings, Vanguard Optics, Trophy Taker Rests.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    760

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by X Hunter View Post
    So your telling me that the tiny little piece of rubber on the end of a stablizer is the key to all your vibration issues???? Sorry hate to bust your bubble but that is just what certian stablizer companies want you to think... Dont belive me take it off and see....

    So to a tiny piece of rubber being the end all to vibration I respectfully call BS
    no i'm not saying that at all... i am saying that the right stabilizer combination weather it be Doinker or B-Stinger or whatever... will absorb your bows vibration extensively, all while making your sight picture alot steadier as well
    Rob Friedl,
    Pro-Staff:Tinkers Archery LLC, STAN Releases, Bohning Archery, Gold Tip Arrows, B-Stinger Stabilizers, 60X Custom Strings, Vanguard Optics, Trophy Taker Rests.

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by pabowman View Post
    First of all that is one of the main reasons to use a stabilizer... To help absorb vibration from the shot. I understand that a bow vibrates at the shot... tuning will only help so much. Stabilizers were created to help with STABILITY... and absorbing vibration is part of that. if my bow vibrates to much when i shoot it, i don't run to the man cave and make a bunch of adjustments to my sight or rest or nock point... I add (or subtract) some weight, and/or move my V-bars up/down in/out. I'm not trying to pick an argument here, but learn what you are talking about before you make a dumbass comment. If you don't know... ASK
    speaking of not knowing what your talking about.....you may want to take your own advice my man.

    Yes a stab will help absorb vibration....and it should as no bow has ZERO vibration.

    if my bow vibrates too much....I wouldn't run to the man cave and make a bunch of adjustments to my sight or rest or nocking point either...that would be stupid and pointless since none of those things have anything to do with creating or getting rid of vibration.....

    But I would go to the man cave and put my bow in a bow press and set the cams up correctly to take away the vibration that isn't supposed to be there. This is 2010 not 1990.....bows don't have that much vibration anymore.

    so before you make a dumbass comment about making dumbass comments.....know what the heck your talking about.

    and don't even try and tell me or anyone else that you can't get rid of the vibration without a stabilizer with a ton of vibration reduction stuff.....because that would be like saying you can't get a consistent reading through a chrono without a string stopper.....which is an argument I have heard from others thinking your stab is to get rid of vibration......

    and no removing vibration from the shot is not going to increase stability.....at least not the vibration your talking about. The arrow is already gone and that vibration doesn't effect the actual shot.
    HDI Staff Director....It's indoor season....is your bow treated with Phase Inhibitor?

    Scott Archery CBE Feather Vision

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    22,927
    Quote Originally Posted by pabowman View Post
    Sounds like you got to drunk one night and ended up married... sorry about your luck but you are missing the point.
    Missing what point....that its called a stablizer? The primary funcion is to stabilize the shooters hold. I can't think of a single hunk of rubber that helps that. That's why I like my doinker with the suppressor, but not the bomb. The bomb keeps the sight moving when everything else was still unless I mount it on the outside of the weight. I like alot of end weight and now that they have a stiff rod I'll look at them again.

    Having shot about 12 years worth of High Country's I can tell you that vibration won't hurt you.

    I was drunk for several nights which led to the marriage 22 years ago, perhaps I'm just a glutton for puishment.
    The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    leslie,mi
    Posts
    253

    terry

    terry has been using shrewd stabs for the last couple of years and at least up untill last week when i was practicing with him.
    Barnsdale Classic X
    Elite Tour
    sure-loc
    trophy talker
    B-stringer

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Wilmington, Ohio
    Posts
    1,420
    Bob, with doinkers new internal, adjustable doinker, you can tighten up the weight on the end as much as you'd like. Actually, you can make it so the weights bottom out on the end of the carbon if you want, and you can't get any stiffer than that.
    "When I sent you out barefoot without purse or pack, were you ever short of anything? It is different now, whoever has a purse had better take it with him, and his pack too; and if he has no sword, let him sell his cloak to buy one."

    Luke 22:35-37

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    760

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    speaking of not knowing what your talking about.....you may want to take your own advice my man.

    Yes a stab will help absorb vibration....and it should as no bow has ZERO vibration.

    if my bow vibrates too much....I wouldn't run to the man cave and make a bunch of adjustments to my sight or rest or nocking point either...that would be stupid and pointless since none of those things have anything to do with creating or getting rid of vibration.....

    But I would go to the man cave and put my bow in a bow press and set the cams up correctly to take away the vibration that isn't supposed to be there. This is 2010 not 1990.....bows don't have that much vibration anymore.

    so before you make a dumbass comment about making dumbass comments.....know what the heck your talking about.

    and don't even try and tell me or anyone else that you can't get rid of the vibration without a stabilizer with a ton of vibration reduction stuff.....because that would be like saying you can't get a consistent reading through a chrono without a string stopper.....which is an argument I have heard from others thinking your stab is to get rid of vibration......

    and no removing vibration from the shot is not going to increase stability.....at least not the vibration your talking about. The arrow is already gone and that vibration doesn't effect the actual shot.
    You are still missing the point hornet... if your bow isn't tuned...it will vibrate. If it's not tuned, and you go shoot it, It will vibrate (more so than if it was tuned)... ok, here is what i am talking about... if you say screw it and don't tune it, and throw a stabilizer on it... some of the vibration goes away..... RIGHT????

    Ok now we have that cleared up... All bows shoot different from one persons hands to another... I refuse to believe that anyone could pick up someone elses bow and have it feel and shoot exactly the same... RIGHT???? (not without some tuning for that specific individual atleast.... RIGHT????)

    NOW IF A BOW IS TUNED TO THE SPECIFIC INDIVIDUAL, A STABILIZER SHOULD (I said SHOULD...) PRETTY MUCH ELIMINATE MOST OR ALL OF THE SHOCK AND VIBRATION LEFT OVER FROM WHAT TUNING COULDN'T TAKE CARE OF, FROM THE ENSUEING SHOT.... RIGHT???? (I know it does because I have done it)

    So before you go making dumbass comments about me making dumbass comments about you making dumbass comments... Know what the heck you are talking about... thank you and good night
    Rob Friedl,
    Pro-Staff:Tinkers Archery LLC, STAN Releases, Bohning Archery, Gold Tip Arrows, B-Stinger Stabilizers, 60X Custom Strings, Vanguard Optics, Trophy Taker Rests.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    760

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobmuley View Post
    Missing what point....that its called a stablizer? The primary funcion is to stabilize the shooters hold. I can't think of a single hunk of rubber that helps that. That's why I like my doinker with the suppressor, but not the bomb. The bomb keeps the sight moving when everything else was still unless I mount it on the outside of the weight. I like alot of end weight and now that they have a stiff rod I'll look at them again.

    Having shot about 12 years worth of High Country's I can tell you that vibration won't hurt you.

    I was drunk for several nights which led to the marriage 22 years ago, perhaps I'm just a glutton for puishment.
    To each, his own... congrats on the 22 years, I been punished everyday for the last 10 years. i'm just simply stating what seems to work for me (and seemingly the majority of shooters i know)
    Rob Friedl,
    Pro-Staff:Tinkers Archery LLC, STAN Releases, Bohning Archery, Gold Tip Arrows, B-Stinger Stabilizers, 60X Custom Strings, Vanguard Optics, Trophy Taker Rests.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,044
    see dang it I like them both the new Doinker stabs( fatty) and the B stinger XL premier! the question in my mind is which one is lighter?
    2010 Hoyt Maxxis 35 ,Hoyt vulcan, Hoyt ultra elite, Hoyt Katera XL, Hoyt Alphamax, Hoyt Turbo Hawk ,Truball axcel 3000, Extreme scope, DMI drop away, Trophy Taker spring steel 2, AEP Custom Stabilizers, specialty archery super peep, Carter release aids, Gold tip pro hunters, GT 22 ultra, CXL Target arrows Blazer vanes, Dura vanes.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    22,927
    Quote Originally Posted by viperarcher View Post
    see dang it I like them both the new Doinker stabs( fatty) and the B stinger XL premier! the question in my mind is which one is lighter?
    I believe I've seen the 30" XL Premier listed at 4.7 ounces somewhere. Let me see if I can find the source.
    The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard

  17. #42
    are you really that worked up and really yelling and going off over what I said?

    my original statement is still true
    HDI Staff Director....It's indoor season....is your bow treated with Phase Inhibitor?

    Scott Archery CBE Feather Vision

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    760

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    are you really that worked up and really yelling and going off over what I said?

    my original statement is still true
    lol, No i wasn't yelling... i was just stressing a point. thats all, and although your original statement may be true... so is mine...
    Rob Friedl,
    Pro-Staff:Tinkers Archery LLC, STAN Releases, Bohning Archery, Gold Tip Arrows, B-Stinger Stabilizers, 60X Custom Strings, Vanguard Optics, Trophy Taker Rests.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,044
    ok your both right! whatever floats your boat or should I say whatever balances you bow the best to you and gives you the most confidence!
    2010 Hoyt Maxxis 35 ,Hoyt vulcan, Hoyt ultra elite, Hoyt Katera XL, Hoyt Alphamax, Hoyt Turbo Hawk ,Truball axcel 3000, Extreme scope, DMI drop away, Trophy Taker spring steel 2, AEP Custom Stabilizers, specialty archery super peep, Carter release aids, Gold tip pro hunters, GT 22 ultra, CXL Target arrows Blazer vanes, Dura vanes.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Moore, Oklahoma
    Posts
    14,250
    Quote Originally Posted by BOWGOD View Post
    Yeah your right. You could get a nice stable sight picture with any good stiff rod, and good form. Good form is by far more crucial than any stabilizer, but any good stiff stabilizer that allows you to add, and/or remove weight from the ends will work. I'm not a fanboy of any company so last thing I will do is say you can only get that sight picture with X product. It simply isn't true, nothing more than marketing hype. Any of the new rods using this ultra stiff technology is going to do basically the same thing.
    Personally I am using the B-stinger xl premiere bars, and I am very happy with them. I can not comment of the doinker fatty rods because I have never used them. But I know people who have, and swear they are just as stiff as the stingers, so I would not hesitate to buy those either.

    Might want to change that signature then..


    Quote Originally Posted by viperarcher View Post
    ok your both right! whatever floats your boat or should I say whatever balances you bow the best to you and gives you the most confidence!

    Exactly... The debate is futile, I know, I've tried to make it before. Those in the B-Stinger camp will not admit that other stabs can provide the same benefits. Trying to argue to the contrary gets you nothing but a bruised forehead from the and .

    At the end of the day, shoot what works best for you and provides you the most confidence.

    I currently have a Fatty, but I'm not shooting it as it did not provide the benefit I thought I might get. But I'm not shooting a B-Stinger either for the EXACT same reason.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    22,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobmuley View Post
    I believe I've seen the 30" XL Premier listed at 4.7 ounces somewhere. Let me see if I can find the source.
    That was actually the X10 weight that I recalled.
    The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard

  22. #47
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobmuley View Post

    Having shot about 12 years worth of High Country's I can tell you that vibration won't hurt you.

    .
    I shot a HC Supreme and found that careful selection of limb pairs with optimum weaker top limb made them much smoother, although still a little rough.
    Jim Quarles

    Illegitimus non Carborundum

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,044
    Quote Originally Posted by viperarcher View Post
    I am curently looking at two different stabilizers , The B stinger XL premier or the Doinker Fatty with the new internal system, first question is what one is lighter in weight? what one offers both vibration dampning and what ones offers the best stabilization of the sight picture?
    OK back to the orginal question!
    2010 Hoyt Maxxis 35 ,Hoyt vulcan, Hoyt ultra elite, Hoyt Katera XL, Hoyt Alphamax, Hoyt Turbo Hawk ,Truball axcel 3000, Extreme scope, DMI drop away, Trophy Taker spring steel 2, AEP Custom Stabilizers, specialty archery super peep, Carter release aids, Gold tip pro hunters, GT 22 ultra, CXL Target arrows Blazer vanes, Dura vanes.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,044
    ttt
    2010 Hoyt Maxxis 35 ,Hoyt vulcan, Hoyt ultra elite, Hoyt Katera XL, Hoyt Alphamax, Hoyt Turbo Hawk ,Truball axcel 3000, Extreme scope, DMI drop away, Trophy Taker spring steel 2, AEP Custom Stabilizers, specialty archery super peep, Carter release aids, Gold tip pro hunters, GT 22 ultra, CXL Target arrows Blazer vanes, Dura vanes.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Minnesota Up North
    Posts
    4,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    If your bow vibrated very very badly with them then it does it with out them as well......the stabilizer doesn't create vibration......

    nor was it made and designed to suck up a bunch of vibration that you can get out of your bow by tuning.......
    got to agree i would say its your bow.
    SHUT UP AND SHOOT YOUR BOW

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Elite Fatty Doinker Field Stabilizer and Supreme Fatty
    By blazeproc in forum General Archery Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: August 10th, 2010, 06:55 PM
  2. B stinger weights on a Fatty
    By jmad in forum General Archery Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: July 24th, 2010, 08:17 PM
  3. WTT X-rod with doinker v-bars for B-Stinger premier
    By leecountyarcher in forum Misc. Items Only Want to buy or trade? WTB or WTT. Please use new item specific forums
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 24th, 2010, 11:42 AM
  4. New Doinker Fatty vs B-Stinger
    By WDMJR3DBOWGUY in forum Field Archery Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: April 11th, 2010, 10:48 PM
  5. Doinker Fatty VS. B-Stinger
    By Deertracker11 in forum General Archery Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 11th, 2010, 01:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •