a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: missouri hog hunting

missouri hog hunting

i came across an ad the other day for a missouri hog hunting outfitter. their rates are good,but i haven't ever heard anyone mention missouri before when talking bout hog hunting so i was wondering what anyone else had heard or experienced. don't want to jump into something just because its cheap

I'm from Missouri and I would like to know where I could go hog hunting at

there is a fenced in hunt around Lake of the Ozarks.. want to say Eurika but I can't remember

Quote Originally Posted by non-pro-archer View Post
    I'm from Missouri and I would like to know where I could go hog hunting at
    the place i came across was in ironton, mo. 100% fair chase. here is the link http://showmeoutdoors.com/location/r...ild-outfitters

Quote Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
    there is a fenced in hunt around Lake of the Ozarks.. want to say Eurika but I can't remember
    Yea I've heard of that place before because im from the lake but I didnt know that there was hogs, I thought it was just elk and deer

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnovember View Post
    the place i came across was in ironton, mo. 100% fair chase. here is the link http://showmeoutdoors.com/location/r...ild-outfitters
    Is his weapon of choice a chainsaw? that is pretty cheap, never heard of Ironton, may have to look it up, thanks for the link

Looks interesting. Thanks for the link.
    Hunt Hard Or Stay Home

i will let you guys know how it works out. i think we are heading down one of the first weekends in april. i think he is a new outfitter so who knows. it will be an experience good or bad

I would definitely like to know how it goes. I am interested in some summer hog hunting to test broadheads
    Hoyt Carbon Matrix G3
    HHA - Easton Carbon Injections - QAD HDx
    TightSpot - NAP Killzone - B Stinger

Stone Creek Hunting Ranch

I have been to a fenced in area south of Rolla about 20 minutes just outside of Edgar Springs, MO called Stone Creek Hunting Ranch. They have mainly hogs, but some exotics as well. Again it is about 400 acres with high fence, but with a bow it is still challenging to say the least.

missouri hog hunting

The latest issue of Boar Hunter magazine listed Missouri as the top state to take a trophy boar non free range. The guy who wrote the article used stats from Safari Club International which has a scoring system for hogs .I think the scoring system is based on tusk length and the animals weight.34 of the top 100 hogs from fenced/plantations/ranches on Safari Club's records were taken in Missouri . Good luck and good hunting.

I would like to know how it goes also,i've been looking for a chep place to hog hunt in missouri.

Sounds interesting plus I don't have enough things to spend money on (right).
    Posted via Mobile Device

we shoot hogs down around truman lake all the time, on corp land

Eureka is no where near Lake of the Ozarks. No fenced operations around it either.

Quote Originally Posted by affe22 View Post
    Eureka is no where near Lake of the Ozarks. No fenced operations around it either.
    Yeah, I was a little mixed up. I havn't been through that part in a while and couldn't remember where I had seen it or the name but anyways this was the place I was talking about

Quote Originally Posted by NWMO Hunter View Post
    I have been to a fenced in area south of Rolla about 20 minutes just outside of Edgar Springs, MO called Stone Creek Hunting Ranch. They have mainly hogs, but some exotics as well. Again it is about 400 acres with high fence, but with a bow it is still challenging to say the least.

He says on the site no tags or licenses but I am almost positive you have to have a current small game at least, if hunting outside of deer or turkey season.. I would hate for you to go down there and get a fine.. not sure where your from but you might check it out.

Missouri Hogs

Ironton is in SE Missouri, around Farmington area. In Southern Missouri there is an increasing population of free range ferral hogs and the Conservation department is really pushing for people to hunt them before they get any further out of hand. I have heard mixed reviews on how good the hunting is. I have heard some guys say that they are all over the place, while others say you really have to hunt hard to find them but when you do you will have a good hunt. From what I know, alot of the outfitters are using dogs to chase them, but I did hear of an outfitter the other day that has stands and feeders for a $125 a day.
    I have not made the trip yet, but we are looking to decide on our yearly hog hunting trip over the weekend. It sure would be nice if we didn't have to go all the way to Arkansas or Oklahoma this year.
    Remington Country

huckleberry ridge about 5 miles east of pineville my boy shot one in january while we where coyote hunting about 125lb sow had bbq pork last night damm good

He says on the site no tags or licenses but I am almost positive you have to have a current small game at least.
    Nope, you do not need any sort of license to hunt hogs outside of fall seasons. They are not a game animal.

http://mdc.mo.gov/landown/wild/nuisa...gs/hunting.htm

Missouri Native???

affe22 are you a Missouri Native? I noticed that you are in Montana now. If you are I have all kinds of questions for you!
    Remington Country

Quote Originally Posted by lforce View Post
    affe22 are you a Missouri Native? I noticed that you are in Montana now. If you are I have all kinds of questions for you!
    Spent my first 25 years in MO. Given that I'm only 27, I figured that is a pretty good amount of time .

I am actually from Eureka (you can make it out on my shirt in the avatar). That is why I found that guy's post kind of funny.

Shoot me a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by affe22 View Post
    Nope, you do not need any sort of license to hunt hogs outside of fall seasons. They are not a game animal.

http://mdc.mo.gov/landown/wild/nuisa...gs/hunting.htm
    yup your correct again,

I must be out of the loop, because it doesn't seem all that cheap to me. From what I read that $125.00 a day is just the tresspass and possibly guide fee?? Add another $100 or more a day for food, lodging, and fuel. Works out to about what a week long bear hunt in Canada cost me just a few years ago (5).

Quote Originally Posted by DougU View Post
    I must be out of the loop, because it doesn't seem all that cheap to me. From what I read that $125.00 a day is just the tresspass and possibly guide fee?? Add another $100 or more a day for food, lodging, and fuel. Works out to about what a week long bear hunt in Canada cost me just a few years ago (5).
    here is the difference.....i can go to missouri hog hunting for a weekend with my buddies and not burn any vacation and hopefully have a lot of fun. i can't go to canada for a weekend and only spend about $300. plus i looked up hog hunts in tx and ok and they run about 700/day so to me this is a good deal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast