Thread: RedHead Arrows??

RedHead Arrows??

i was at basspro yesterday looking at arrows and the man there told me that the redhead carbon fury arrows (50 bucks for a dozen) are the same as the carbon express terminators and that the Carbon Supreme Lite arrows(80 bucks a dozen) are the same as the carbon express maxamas, is this true i knoiw that CX makes there arrows but are these the CX terminators and maxamas for half the price?

Strother SX-1

ttt
    Strother SX-1

nobody has experiance with these arrows?
    Strother SX-1

They are made by Carbon Express for Bass Pro but I think they are quite a bit heavier than the CX shafts and I don't think the tolerances are as tight. Check the Bass Pro Shops website to make sure but I looked at both charts at a local Bass Pro and if I remember correctly they were a little different.
    Sling what ya bring........

i have used the carbon fury and i didnt like them because i had problems with them splitting at the nock end on impact just praticing i went to easton excells but now am looking at the maxium hunter hope this helps

I have been shooting them for years. They are good arrows for the money. And they sre accurate too. I went through about a half dozen last summer do to robin hoods.

Smile

the fury's are just that, the fury's.. The supremes are comparable to terminators, and the cx maxx are comparable to the maxima's... hope this helps
    If Hunting was easy, it wouln't be fun!!!!!

I shot the Carbon Maxx arrows which had the weight forward built in just like the Maxima Hunters...they were great...especially since I worked there at the time and got 40% off lol
    USMC Infantry, 3 Tours to Iraq.
    Athens Accomplice 32 Black/Camo, Easton Carbon Nemesis, NAP Apache Rest, Trophy Ridge Single Pin Sight, Slick Trick Viper Tricks.

These arrows are CULLS and are the same except for the tolerances ane not the same. If the arrow isn't good enough for the CE name it gets the BP name.
    USA = HOME OF THE EASILY OFFENDED AS PC RUNS WILD.
    Staff for the 1 and only "blingsling"
    www.huntnshak.com get some bling today

i have used the carbon fury and i didnt like them because i had problems with them splitting at the nock end on impact just praticing i went to easton excells but now am looking at the maxium hunter hope this helps the one's i' had did the same .. got easton power flight 100X time's better arrow.. thanks WORM

ttt
    Strother SX-1

Carbon Fury = Carbon Express Rebel
    Carbon Supreme Lite = Carbon Express Terminator Lite Select
    Carbon Supreme Lite Hunter = Carbon Express Terminator Lite Hunter
    Carbon Maxx = Carbon Express Maxima
    Carbon Max2 = Carbon Express Maxima Hunter

I bought two dozen of the Supreme Lites, and they fly great for me.

I shoot both

I have shot both and I could not tell a diffrence. I am shooting the RH Carbon Maxx 2 Hunters now and love them. Some people just have to have the big name brand. I would say I am a little like that but at the price I get them for could not see paying extra for CE.
    Dino
    2013 Hoyt Alpha Elite
    2010 Hoyt Maxxis 31
    2009 Hoyt Katera XL

TTT
    thanks
    Strother SX-1

first off they are very heavy....mine are 9.9gr per inch. They would not tune in my Diamond because I have to shoot a longer arrow. not enough spine, and SLOW!!! sad when a 318 IBO fps bow only shoots 255 with a carbon arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by allegrofuzzy View Post
    Carbon Fury = Carbon Express Rebel
    Carbon Supreme Lite = Carbon Express Terminator Lite Select
    Carbon Supreme Lite Hunter = Carbon Express Terminator Lite Hunter
    Not exactly.

The Maxx are more like the old stock CX arrows.
    The Max2 are similar to the Maximas, and the Max2 Hunters are similar to the Maxima Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by MACHXKING
    These arrows are CULLS and are the same except for the tolerances ane not the same. If the arrow isn't good enough for the CE name it gets the BP name.
    Absolutely untrue. Same quality control. BP gets a discount because of the huge volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    Not exactly.

The Maxx are more like the old stock CX arrows.
    The Max2 are similar to the Maximas, and the Max2 Hunters are similar to the Maxima Hunters.

Absolutely untrue. Same quality control. BP gets a discount because of the huge volume.
    Why is it The BP arrows are not the same on the web-site. There are some things not the same on each arrow. I guess the people who host the sight made many errors then.
    Carbon max2 hunter are 9gpi no bulldog coller
    Max hunters are 8.9gpi and have the bdc
    this is only 1 example, But in the arrows I can find there is something changed

So how can these be the same. If they are not the same but are close to the CE arrows they must not meet the standard for CE hence CULLS

Maybe they are the same with the metric conversion.
    USA = HOME OF THE EASILY OFFENDED AS PC RUNS WILD.
    Staff for the 1 and only "blingsling"
    www.huntnshak.com get some bling today

Me and my uncle were both disappointed with them. They break very easily and the vanes come off easily. I would spend a little more and get some easton or carbon express arrows.
    Hoyt Carbon Matrix G3
    HHA - Easton Carbon Injections - QAD HDx
    TightSpot - NAP Killzone - B Stinger

Quote Originally Posted by MACHXKING View Post
    Why is it The BP arrows are not the same on the web-site. There are some things not the same on each arrow.
    That's why I used the word "similar".

They are specifically branded for BP. I do not know for a fact if they are similar but designed a bit differently for BP, or exactly the same but sorted by weight prior to labelling. But the Redhead arrows are not "culls", at least in terms of quality control.

As far as I know, in the manufacturing process, shafts are not fully labelled before sorting. Shafts are tested for quality control first, THEN labelled. Also the Hunter series of BP shafts has a different color camo than the Carbon Express. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to spend a lot of time and money finishing off bad arrows.

I don't disagree that the Carbon Fury arrows are pretty cheaply made and are prone to splitting. Having sold thousands of these, I did on occasion see a batch of BP arrows where the vanes fell off, but I've seen that on Easton and Gold Tip branded arrows as well from time to time.

I have owned 2 dozen Carbon Fury and loved them, I thought the vanes were extremely durable.

I have owned a dozen of the Supreme lite and did not notice much of an improvement over the Fury. I have cracked a few but all were due to me making bad shots and hitting trees.

For Christmas I was given a dozen of the Carbon Max and absolutely love them, they are light and fight straight. They shot like darts for me.

I shoot a blazer vanes with a 27" length and a 2000 diameter...

They are pretty good for the money, but as mentioned above they do have a tendency to split at the nock end if they hit anything solid. Other than that I really can't complain...'94
    Proud daddy of Kennedy and Cooper!!
    Stealth Archery Staff Shooter
    www.stealtharchery.com

Quote Originally Posted by allegrofuzzy View Post
    thats incorrect i believe, they are not the same shaft as maximas, GPIs dont match up and spines dont match either, i have the spine chart at work and have looked at them myself. they may be similar but NOT maxima shafts.
    Hoyt Vector35 - QAD - Spot-Hogg - Doinker - Easton - FOB's
    Hoyt Dorado 50# - FMJ's
    T.R.U. Ball www.truball.com FOB's www.Starrflight.com Doinker www.doinker.com
    "If you dont stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!"