a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: ata measurements on hoyt

ata measurements on hoyt

on a hoyt, when you measure the ata, mine is different from one side to the other. specs tell me my ata should be 34" but my left side measures 33 15/16 and the right side measures 34 3/16. what causes this? is this normal, or does something need to be corrected.

2010 Hoyt Alphaburner 70#/29"

You need to adjust the split yoke cable...Your top cam must be leaning a ton. Set it on the floor facing you and look at the limb tips you should be able to see the tips are higher on one side.
    JBK Bowstrings Why shoot anything else? www.JBKStrings.com
    BLACK EAGLE ARROWS

Either you didn't measure correctly or the cam at rest is leaning-bad!! How old is the string/cables? If you don't know change them first and then start setting your bow back up to specs. One side of the youke seems to have some broken strands and the string is stretching a lot. Another thing could be is a broke limb on one side. Dunno!!!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    Thomas Jefferson 1802
    Dealer: Darton, Target Boy Targets, Specialty Archery, and more!

bows new, strings are new. if you look down the string coming off the cams, the strings both want to go to the right, which doesnt make any sense to me. i could see if they both have lean and "dog walking" like tires on a car, but they both go the same directions. ive measured it a few times over the last couple weeks and its always the same...

I'm assuming the bow you are talking about is the burner in your signature. Had the same problem with mine. ATA was different side to side and the cam was leaning. Cam lean didn't go away when I took the cables off the cable guard. Hoyt has my bow right now to see what they think about it. Don't know what is up yet but gonna give em a call tomorrow and find out where they are in fixing it.
    2011Hoyt CRX 70#/29" Limbdriven, G5 XR2
    2010 Hoyt Aphaburner Blackout Limbdriven, 70#/28.5"

Quote Originally Posted by deernutz View Post
    I'm assuming the bow you are talking about is the burner in your signature. Had the same problem with mine. ATA was different side to side and the cam was leaning. Cam lean didn't go away when I took the cables off the cable guard. Hoyt has my bow right now to see what they think about it. Don't know what is up yet but gonna give em a call tomorrow and find out where they are in fixing it.
    thanks, let me know what/when you find out. it shoots great and i really dont want to continue and screw it up somehow.

Lay an arrow along the cams and compare it to the angle of the string. This will show which is leaning, which direction and how much.

You can tweak the lean from the top cam pretty easily. The bottom isn't as simply adjusted. You have to use the stock Hoyt cable slide (or one that offsets the cables the same amounts). That helps. And you need to have the cams synched and timed properly (this helps with more even distribution of tension on the three tracks on the bottom cam, reducing the twisting/leaning).

And keep in mind that the shorter a bow is the more this sort of thing happens or is likely to happen. Just the nature of the beast I guess.

If it's a new bow with a few hundred shots it probably just needs a tuneup.
    Sent via my Nokia Windows phone...I finally upgraded.

Hoyt ata

My hoyt is 37 7/8 ata, I use a static yoke so I can put twist in the top side that needs it to get the string to track straight, I also get the ata the same on both sides, hoyt specs, cams in time, if the string doesn't track straight at the top I get a left tear thru the paper with the center shot perfect, when I put twist and get it right I get a bullet hole without touching the rest. Mine looking at the bow always needs the top right side shorten. It can get to be a little much everytime you twist one thing something else gets off, but if you take your time and think about what you are doing and why it can be done. A draw board and a good bow press is a must.
    CYBORG BY NEW BREED ARCHERY
    QAD HD PRO REST- PSE XWEAVE 300 PRO ARROWS- RAGE 2 BLADE BROADHEADS- HHA Sight
    TIGHT SPOT QUIVER - 12" DOINKER STABLIZER

Called Hoyt today about status for my bow. Bow is on its way backand said bow was in spec. Awesome.....
    2011Hoyt CRX 70#/29" Limbdriven, G5 XR2
    2010 Hoyt Aphaburner Blackout Limbdriven, 70#/28.5"

hmmm... did yours shoot fine and you were just curious/worried like i am, or were you having a problem? apparently its not that big of a deal...???

Quote Originally Posted by deernutz View Post
    Called Hoyt today about status for my bow. Bow is on its way backand said bow was in spec. Awesome.....