Archery Talk Forum banner

I wanna increase FOC...

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  highside74 
#1 ·
..without shooting heavier heads. I shoot goldtip xt arrows with a wrap and three blazers on the back. Does gt make weight tubes, or really heavy inserts? Thanks in advance guys.

#2 ·
Your 3 Blazers weigh 15+ grains. Wraps vary a lot, generally between 5 and 12.

Three 3" feathers weigh 4.5 grains. Cresting weighs about 2. No cresting or wraps weigh 0 grains. :D

You could reduce the weight at the back of the arrow by 16-23 grains. increasing FOC by at least a couple percent, and gaining better broadhead control at the same time. You'd gain as much as 12fps, too. :darkbeer:

#5 ·
Sure, get stiff shafts, add brass inserts or add weight to inserts and you have more FOC. The only option besides removing weight from the back is adding weight to the front, and this, without heavier heads, will only be done with heavier inserts. This will have the same spine weakening effects as using heavier heads and may result in you needing a heavier spined arrow or lower draw weight.

This is why I suggested what I did above. It's much easier, less expensive and offers no downsides. Archers helping archers and all.....;)

#6 ·
buster thanks for the help. I've never been a fan of feathers but thats just an opinion based on no actual experience so i wont rule it out. if i were to go the other route, what gold tip shaft would i need to get?

#8 ·
You can get the PDP weight system, it's what I use on my Maxima's. I believe the insert was 11gr and the weights that you can get are 10gr and 20gr. I bought both and ended up using the 20gr weight and 100gr broadhead that gave me 13.8% foc at 404gr total 29" arrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.