Thread: Parker Inferno

Parker Inferno

Well I have my Parker Inferno all set up and shooting really well. This is one of the smoothest bows I have ever shot. It was a little loud at first, but some string leeches helped solve that issue. Here are a few pictures of the cam and cable slide and other parts. One thing that has my wondering.......if I have a 28" module in and the draw stop set at say 30, it will go to 30" If I unscrew the stop it will pull back as far as I can pull it. I set it at 28.5" and it feel nice now, but wondering why it does this. Do the modules just provide the valley for let off?

Attached Images Attached Images

Like some other single cam designs it seems to use a combo of modules (or module positions if it's a rotating module) coupled with a drawstop to adjust both DL and letoff. Basically, the mod is for rough DL changes and the stop fine tunes it and the letoff.
    Sent via my 1918 Bell hand crank phone

Nice bow. I have been looking at the Inferno for a couple of weeks now. How about a review? Arrow weight, draw weight, speed, draw cycle, noise. Any way congratulations on the new bow!!

Sure thing, Here is a review even though I am just a weekend shooter/hunter.
    As far a draw it is very smooth, there is very little "bump" as I reach the letoff valley. I was able to set my draw at 28.5" and the draw stop is a solid wall. This bow has a roller guard similar to bow tech bows. One feature that stood out was the string. It is served on the lower cam and at the string suppresor, also the cable and string are served where they meet the roller guard. After 100+ shots the serving i still tight and not worn. These strings seem to be a bit better than other parkers I have had. The bow was a little loud at first, but I adjusted the string stopper, and added some leeches. This made the bow shoot very quiet. I am shooting Easton powerflight 400's cut to 27.5" with a 125 grain bullet point and the bow set at 60#. I am not sure about speed but with this setup I figure in the upper 290's Another thing I like is the new grip, it holds very solid and helps with torque. The bow is very balanced after the shot, it just hold up and does not fall forward or back, and the vibration is very tame. I just started shooting indoor spots and 3D at the end of last year, so I am by far not a seasoned pro at giving a good review, but this is a really nice bow. It carries a $500 price tag which is lower than the big boys and with that you could still have money left over for arrows and other stuff.

Looks like a real nice bow!!! I have always liked parker bows alot, i just ended up with the hoyt because they had more to offer in the same price range, i may go to them next
    2009 hoyt superhawk
    2010 pse blackhawk

I would like to update this review, My Bow has been holding awesome. I have had a few issues, but Parker stands behind what they sell. Never a questions asked, why? or How did that happen? always fixing any problems and I mean any. The inferno has very little to any hand shock, once set in it is a deer hunting machine. In todays time money is hard to come by, even having extra money is rare, but Parker gives you what you need, nothing fancy just what you need for a price that can be a reality. Do yourselves a favor and shoot one, you will be amazed. Try this test, pick up three bows that are setup and ready to shoot, get a blindfold, put it on and have a buddy turn you toward the target. Now standing about 20 feet from the backstop, fire each bow and pick the one that feels best. Most of all have fun.

Congrats on the Inferno. I wanted to get one but didn't have the funds so I bought the Wildfire XP, a last years model close out. You're right about Parker standing behind what they sell. Enjoy it and go fling some carbon.
    Samick Trailblazer 68" longbow
    Hildebrand Sitka spruce shafts

wildfire is a good shooting bow, very accurate and consistent, more accurate than the archer. the only thing is that wildfire xp has more shock than my other bow, but still i am hunting with my parker.