a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: Information on Middleton Crossbows

  1. #1

    Information on Middleton Crossbows

    Any familar with Middleton Crossbows. Thinking about buying one. Yes or No

    swamp


  2. #2
    I have a dtm355
    great bow IMO, very fast, trigger is super smooth very accurate
    I put a custom string on it, I bought the kit scope from darrel
    sighted in very easy, I shoot 2219's with slick tricks at game
    it is a very nice crossbow
    i have had it now for a year and no complaints, 5/5 on deer this year with it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Southwest, Ohio
    Posts
    46
    Swamp,
    I too am doing some research on this brand and yet to find anything that would prevent me from buying it. Extremely positive reviews and happy owners. Only concern would be servicing (if needed) for those of us south of the border. Not really sure where to test one out either (haven't looked that far yet). Amazing video on the web showing how it can handle multiple dry fires. Hopefully there will be more posts to see what others have to say.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Mississauga ON
    Posts
    9,064

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Woodstock, Ontario
    Posts
    288
    That is funny as H*** , I was the first dealer and have some input into the Middleton crossbows and there is nothing better out there. Go check out the review on Crossbow Nation.com by Jeff on the DTM 330. You will see a truely unbias review on them.
    These crossbows are lighter, faster, quiter, I won't say more accurate as that is decided by the shooter. In the review you will see 5 arrows(bolts) at 30 yards at under 1 inch group with a crosswind (you be the judge).

    Oh yeah do you think that Excalibur is going to post anything good about there closest competition.???????????????

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Virginia
    Posts
    17,623

    I had one to shoot for a few days about 2 years ago

    and it's remarkably like the Excal, so much so that after comparing it to the Exocet I had at the time, I posted that it seemed to be pretty much a copy of the Excal. There was not much difference in shooting quality although I remember shooting the Excal slightly more accurate but not a practical amount. It was lighter weight with thinner limbs but again not a practical amount. There is no getting around the fact that it is basically a copy of the Excal but still a nice crossbow.
    MOON



    Super Small (SS) Recurve Crossbows - The Future of Recurve Hunting Crossbows

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Woodstock, Ontario
    Posts
    288
    No denying it , Dereck took a very good product and improved on it. That is how technnology advances. His limb technology is far superior than anything out there.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Virginia
    Posts
    17,623

    JMO of course

    I've owned 3 Excals, the latest being a Vortex and the limbs are bullet proof. Dry fired several times, dropped the bow out of a tree stand (cocked) at 17 feet with absilutely no damage to it. I guess it will be an up hill battle convincing Excal owners that there is another recurve crossbow with better limbs. That might work with new customers with no Excal knowledge. Being a fan of lighter weight crossbows, for me, that is the most attractive feature of the bow, with thinner profile limbs. It is a nice crossbow and should see some market success but I doubt it will convert many existing Excal owners.
    MOON



    Super Small (SS) Recurve Crossbows - The Future of Recurve Hunting Crossbows

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    mtns. Arkansas
    Posts
    750
    No denying it , Dereck took a very good product and improved on it.
    Uhhmmm, no, he copied it. Last I heard, the parts interchange 100%. If there are 'improvements' above and beyond sales spin/pitch/hype, I wouldn't be surprised as they would be fairly cheap w/o R & D that Excal provided for him.

    They are not exactly flying off the dealers shelves, there's hardly any mention of them on the various forums, and hasn't been for quite a while.

    Basically, one has a 26-27 yr old company w/ an excellent reputation and a 5 yr old company copying their product for about the same price. Hype aside.

    I suspect the Maximus/Chase the Moon Chinese copies will hurt M'ton more than Excal.

    Cheaper copy.
    Illigitimus non Carborundum!!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Woodstock, Ontario
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by awshucks View Post
    Uhhmmm, no, he copied it. Last I heard, the parts interchange 100%. If there are 'improvements' above and beyond sales spin/pitch/hype, I wouldn't be surprised as they would be fairly cheap w/o R & D that Excal provided for him.

    They are not exactly flying off the dealers shelves, there's hardly any mention of them on the various forums, and hasn't been for quite a while.

    Basically, one has a 26-27 yr old company w/ an excellent reputation and a 5 yr old company copying their product for about the same price. Hype aside.

    I suspect the Maximus/Chase the Moon Chinese copies will hurt M'ton more than Excal.

    Cheaper copy.
    So lets see shorter power stroke, faster true speeds, lighter bow weight, better arrow speeds retained down range. Yes this is exactly the stuff Middletons offer over other recurve crossbows.

    And if everything is exactly 100% the same, how come they are not in court??????

    Anyways I've shot both, and shot for Excalibur and they make a good bow, but I think if you truely gave a Middleton a try you would see the true differences.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    22,120
    True difference-Bill did all the hard work and some one ripped him off. I have been around crossbows, I suspect, longer than anyone on this forum except R Allen (who doesn't post here much anymore) and I remember what happened when the Relayer showed up at the old NCHA/NCHO you either got an excalibur or you lost
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    TARGETWORLD/HOYT Staff Shooter
    Proud CEO of Cincinnati Junior Olympians-the first JOAD CLUB
    I buy from BCY/ProLine

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ingoldarchery View Post
    No denying it , Dereck took a very good product and improved on it. That is how technnology advances. His limb technology is far superior than anything out there.
    So you are saying he has finally solved his limb failure problem and has found somebody who knows how to properly perform fibreglass injection?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Woodstock, Ontario
    Posts
    288
    As you can tell the people that have one or truely tried one they give the truth about them, others just want to go on about the "copy cat crap" that is all they can talk about. They don't want to talk about the technology involved in a new crossbow.
    And relize there is other bows out there that are better.

  14. #14
    If the little technical glitches (stock finish, limb injection) have been licked, then I would not dispute that the Middleton is a top quality crossbow. In such case I certainly would not feel handicapped in anyway if I was hunting or competing with a Middleton.

    The problem for Middleton is that its kind of like General Motors making a car that looks almost exactly like a Ford Mustang, but calling it a "Stallion" and saying its a better and more technologically advanced car for reasons X, Y & Z. As true as such claims might be, they might not go over well among consumers. Its hard to predict this sort of stuff and its the sort of thing that keeps marketing experts awake at night.

    But as we can see from the posts in this thread, as well as from many similar past threads in other forums, Middleton is nagged by a copy-cat reputation that is proving hard to shake. IMO Middleton's approach has harmed his bottom line more than it has helped him. Its too bad he didn't use his expertise to develop a great crossbow that people only had to take one look at to say, "That's a Middleton!" Its not too late.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brantford
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by ingoldarchery View Post
    Go check out the review on Crossbow Nation.com by Jeff on the DTM 330. You will see a truely unbias review on them.
    Oh yeah do you think that Excalibur is going to post anything good about there closest competition.???????????????
    Unbiased?? You have got to be kidding Brad. He was given a bow and then asked for an opinion, to the rest of the world "unbiased" means you spend your money and then make a decision. If someone gave me a car for free just to get my "opinion", rest assured my opinion would be biased, it's human nature.

    And yes, there have been very positive comments made about other crossbow companies on Excalibur.com, it isn't as biased as you may try to tell people. I think that the animosity that surfaces on there about the middleton stems from the fact that it started as a copy.
    And to be clear about one more thing, and probably the most important, middleton is absolutely not anybodys "closest competition", you are confusing competition with cosmetics. middletons newest "competition" is maximus, another clone.
    Here we go again.

  16. #16
    Crossbow Nation is a joke.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ingoldarchery View Post
    As you can tell the people that have one or truely tried one they give the truth about them, others just want to go on about the "copy cat crap" that is all they can talk about. They don't want to talk about the technology involved in a new crossbow.
    And relize there is other bows out there that are better.
    If it is not a copycat, WHY does it look JUST LIKE the Excal?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Springboro, Ohio (S.W. Oh
    Posts
    2,086
    MOD Warning: Just go easy guys and debate the equipment not people.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Virginia
    Posts
    17,623

    Brad

    Why tolerate threads like this with posters bad mouthing other sites. The other site referred to as being a joke just happens to be visited 5 times more often than here and if this nastiness continues here that trend will continue. What a shame to have threads started by posters asking fo something as simple as insert information and comparing crossbows to end up in groupy battles, inevitably caused by the same groups trying in any way they can to belittle certain other posters or sites. It's sickening and takes all the fun out of discussing crossbows. Too bad.

    Right now there are 9 people on this forum and 67 on the "joke" forum.
    MOON



    Super Small (SS) Recurve Crossbows - The Future of Recurve Hunting Crossbows

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brantford
    Posts
    109
    I think the most important part to remember when considering a middleton bow is that they cut throats to get where they are, even though "far" to them isn't all that far.
    If a company is willing to infringe another company so easily to make a profit what are they going to do to the little guys, the ones being suckered in to buying a second rate product?
    I am confident that if someone duplicated Ingold archery and opened a shop across the road from his he would not be shouting from the mountain tops quite as loudly at why it is just fine to duplicate another business, even if they paint their door yellow instead of blue to give the illusion that they are different.
    I support those who work hard to supply me with what I own, I refuse to support people who take shortcuts, especially at the cost of honest peoples income.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brantford
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonkryket View Post
    Why tolerate threads like this with posters bad mouthing other sites. The other site referred to as being a joke just happens to be visited 5 times more often than here and if this nastiness continues here that trend will continue. What a shame to have threads started by posters asking fo something as simple as insert information and comparing crossbows to end up in groupy battles, inevitably caused by the same groups trying in any way they can to belittle certain other posters or sites. It's sickening and takes all the fun out of discussing crossbows. Too bad.

    Right now there are 9 people on this forum and 67 on the "joke" forum.
    I agree, CN is a fine place to spend time, I only wish I had more to offer it. I remember when the site first opened, the administrator asked me my opinion on the place, who does that these days? It happened to grow right about the time my family started to grow, leaving me little time to spend there.
    Good information, a tad biased at the early stages but I think that's only because he had to bring his little brother in to moderate the forum.
    Each forum has something different to offer, there are very few that I will spend time reading, most of my effort is in the Excalibur forum without doubt, but others are worthy of a little respect, crossbow nation is definitely one of them.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    22,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Pydpiper View Post
    I think the most important part to remember when considering a middleton bow is that they cut throats to get where they are, even though "far" to them isn't all that far.
    If a company is willing to infringe another company so easily to make a profit what are they going to do to the little guys, the ones being suckered in to buying a second rate product?
    I am confident that if someone duplicated Ingold archery and opened a shop across the road from his he would not be shouting from the mountain tops quite as loudly at why it is just fine to duplicate another business, even if they paint their door yellow instead of blue to give the illusion that they are different.
    I support those who work hard to supply me with what I own, I refuse to support people who take shortcuts, especially at the cost of honest peoples income.
    excellent post
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    TARGETWORLD/HOYT Staff Shooter
    Proud CEO of Cincinnati Junior Olympians-the first JOAD CLUB
    I buy from BCY/ProLine

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Woodstock, Ontario
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Pydpiper View Post
    I think the most important part to remember when considering a middleton bow is that they cut throats to get where they are, even though "far" to them isn't all that far.
    If a company is willing to infringe another company so easily to make a profit what are they going to do to the little guys, the ones being suckered in to buying a second rate product?
    I am confident that if someone duplicated Ingold archery and opened a shop across the road from his he would not be shouting from the mountain tops quite as loudly at why it is just fine to duplicate another business, even if they paint their door yellow instead of blue to give the illusion that they are different.
    I support those who work hard to supply me with what I own, I refuse to support people who take shortcuts, especially at the cost of honest peoples income.
    What throat did he cut?

    And there is another shop a block away that wanted me to move in with them, but I declined. Strange you don't see whining and crying about them being there. Along with the other 4 shops in the area opening since I opened.

    Now I'm not sure if you manage or own the pest controll company that you work at, but isn't that a clone, copy cat form of the original pest control company or are they the original pest control company. If not I wonder how many throats were slit?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brantford
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by ingoldarchery View Post
    What throat did he cut?

    And there is another shop a block away that wanted me to move in with them, but I declined. Strange you don't see whining and crying about them being there. Along with the other 4 shops in the area opening since I opened.

    Now I'm not sure if you manage or own the pest controll company that you work at, but isn't that a clone, copy cat form of the original pest control company or are they the original pest control company. If not I wonder how many throats were slit?
    I am guessing here, but I suspect the "merge" you are talking about with that little place on Mill street has something to do with the "For Sale" sign on your front lawn?
    In the beginning I tried to help them while they attempted to become a dealer for Excalibur, after a couple emails and a personal visit to Peter it became apparent why they were not able to have a dealership status, pretty sure it is the same reason you were declined. At my last visit they carried no bows, just gear.
    4 other shops? I can't say that I am aware of them, I know of the Innerkip shop, and that they carry maximus, but I expect to see cloning from the chinese, their fate is already sealed. Where are the other three?

    My company provides a service, that is not a cloneable entity, it's success is based on physical work, not reverse engineering, a downfall for the shirt tail riders of the world.
    I started out with a free service doing animal rescue, then got licensed for rehabilitation. Once I got good I applied a fee, many, many years later it formed in to a company, so no, I didn't clone anything. I started from the ground and worked my way to what I have, nobody is responsible for where I am but me. However, there have been several companies that tried to walk my footsteps, including past employees, each failed when they realized that experience could not be copied.
    This isn't about you Brad, you have a decent reputation in that little town, it is about that bows origination, a clone based on domestic land. The middleton bow has changed over the past little while, but the fact that is was based on another brand still remains. The person that put the first one together was afforded the luxury of skipping all the hard work and money involved in starting a company, instead he based his design on another persons work.
    I wish you success when you move, I hope you can expand and make a good go of your shop. But for your sake Brad, I hope you never have do deal with other people stealing your ideas for their own selfish profit. I don't mean merely opening a store, I mean making an attempt at a blatant copy to make the less educated believe they are dealing with you when they are in fact getting a lesser product/service that only resembles yours.

  25. #25
    Well I would like to put out some info. I WILL NOT myself post on any threads or internet, but if people in and around Brantford Ontario would like to know, I will let them see the real side of this manufacturer, all that I have including emails from them.

    JUST PM AND WELL SET UP A DATE AND TIME.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TenPoint Crossbows and Wicked Ridge Crossbows' TV Commercials...a must see!
    By Turbo XLT in forum Crossbow Forum - General Crossbow Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 28th, 2010, 10:34 PM
  2. Middleton
    By Pete731 in forum Crossbow Forum - General Crossbow Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 6th, 2009, 02:38 PM
  3. Florida Firearms information and Crossbow information needed.
    By ArcherWolf in forum Legislation and Hunting Rights
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 17th, 2009, 11:41 PM
  4. More Middleton testin
    By Wyvern Creations in forum Crossbow Forum - General Crossbow Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: January 7th, 2008, 06:57 PM
  5. Middleton
    By fuel80guy in forum Crossbow Forum - General Crossbow Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: January 23rd, 2007, 03:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •