Thread: Destroyer 350 arrow spine selection

Destroyer 350 arrow spine selection

I just got a destroyer 350 on target 2 is telling me i should use a 300 spine anybody have ant thoughts on whether i should change my arrows or keep a 350 spine. ive been shooting a 2008 guardian and it is tuned great even though the on target is saying i should use a 400 spine with it. Also if anybody uses on target when it fills in the ibo speed should i leave what they put in or should i use the speed on my birth certificate? Thanks

with the agressive cams on the destroyers, monsters, omen, x-force, and so on th 300 spine is more suitable.
    "Catch us if you can" Mathews Monter Social Club Member - Team #4 Gobbler Getters
    Blackout Mathews Monster 29/70 -Sword Apex 3rd Plane - Goldtip Ultralight 300 - Blazer Minis 1.5" - Carter 3D 2000 - Posten Stabilization - Battledrum Wraps - G5 Tekan - 330 fps / 94 ft.lbs. of K.E.

There are many variables you need to consider. Draw weight, draw length, arrow length, point weight. There are 2 different types of arrow spine. Static, that is when they hang a weight from the middle of the shaft while it is being supported at both ends. The deflection measured is the static spine. And this is what all the charts will show. Then there is dynamic spine, that is how the arrow reacts as it leaves the bow. A shorter arrow will have a stiffer dynamic spine. An arrow with a lighter point will have a stiffer dynamic spine. A bow with more draw weight will cause an arrow to have a softer spine. You need to take all things into consideration when choosing an arrow. I shoot Maxima 250's out of both the 82nd and the destroyer 350, both at 70 lbs, 28" draw with an arrow cut to 27.75 and a 75 grain point.
    Invasion Black Ops 338 fps @ 28"
    Destroyer 350 in APG, 348 fps
    82nd Airborne in APG, 351 fps
    82nd Airborne in Testarossa, 336 fps
    Brigadier in Firestorm Candy Red, don't care!

im shooting 29 inch dl, 60 lbs. shafts cut 28.5 inch 100grain tips fusion 3 vanes want to shoot victory hv 300 spine 6.9 gpi right now have victory v1 350 firenock areovanes 8.8 gpi any thoughts on speed i should get all i have on string is d loop and meta 1/4 inch peep.

ttt

6. Quote Originally Posted by fastkiller View Post
    im shooting 29 inch dl, 60 lbs. shafts cut 28.5 inch 100grain tips fusion 3 vanes want to shoot victory hv 300 spine 6.9 gpi right now have victory v1 350 firenock areovanes 8.8 gpi any thoughts on speed i should get all i have on string is d loop and meta 1/4 inch peep.
    You want the V-Force HV or V-force in the 350 spine. Shaft only 28.5 insert and 100 grain point. Expect 315-320 with the HV about 300.

The 300 spine top and the 350 is bottom.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tony Virnoche
    www.thearcheryprogram.com
    TAP PRO, TAPes and TAP for Windows Mobile Devices

I can't get mine to tune to my satisfaction, yet. I have been trying everything and still getting weak spine tears in paper. I tried a 28.5" Gold Tip Ultralight 300 with a 75 grain tip at 29" draw and 65# and still showing weak. I am thinking maybe as my strings and cables have been stretching and breaking in, I may have developed a bit of cam lean. I will find out Monday though. I was trying to shoot a 27.75" Carbon Express Maxima 350 with 150 grain head and my broadheads were impacting a foot left of field points. Mutter mutter grumble grumble.....

8. Quote Originally Posted by Whitey375 View Post
    I can't get mine to tune to my satisfaction, yet. I have been trying everything and still getting weak spine tears in paper. I tried a 28.5" Gold Tip Ultralight 300 with a 75 grain tip at 29" draw and 65# and still showing weak. I am thinking maybe as my strings and cables have been stretching and breaking in, I may have developed a bit of cam lean. I will find out Monday though. I was trying to shoot a 27.75" Carbon Express Maxima 350 with 150 grain head and my broadheads were impacting a foot left of field points. Mutter mutter grumble grumble.....
    Sometimes arrows not tuning isn't the arrow/bow combination but the bow/shooter situation! You might be doing things such as gripping the bow at the shot, torquing the riser when drawing the bow....releasing the arrow unlcean...(could be the release type) When ALL those things are ruled out and even across a few shooters of the bow you can then look further. I did this ALL last summer with a bow so I sort of know the process now of ruling things in and out! stick with it....you'll figure it out in time.
    Tony Virnoche

TAP, after reading your post, I started playing with hand position a little. I found that if I hold the bow to where I can look down the string to where it looks like it is tracking straight down the center of the cam I get fletch left tears. Now if I just let it sit where it will and maybe even impart a small amount of torque away from the arrow shelf, perfect bullet holes. However when I do this and look down the string up to the cam, it looks like the cam is going to the right away from the centerline. Cam lean?

10. Without seeing it, very hard to tell. I know some people have had to twist up buss cables on their Destroyers to get them to tune. Perhaps you DO have some lean....it is quite possible. The problem with this bow is that it is so new and the Pro-Shops haven't had enough of them through yet to know the ins and outs....

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey375 View Post
    TAP, after reading your post, I started playing with hand position a little. I found that if I hold the bow to where I can look down the string to where it looks like it is tracking straight down the center of the cam I get fletch left tears. Now if I just let it sit where it will and maybe even impart a small amount of torque away from the arrow shelf, perfect bullet holes. However when I do this and look down the string up to the cam, it looks like the cam is going to the right away from the centerline. Cam lean?
    Tony Virnoche

Aerovane

Are you using Aerovane II or Aerovane ir1. The II is significantly high speed on spin. So you may actually be able to get away with a lower spin arrow. As the spin rate mechanically stiffen up the spin of the arrow. On usually can get away with lower spine, up to 0.050" spine strength. ie. you can use a 350 instead of a 300 spine arrow even if the chart call for a high spine.

There is one more important factor when you use Aerovane, try NOT TO shot an arrow shaft that is shorter than your actual draw length, points and nocks are not part of the measuring the actual shaft length. As the Aerovane spin so fast, it may overtake the spine recovery when the arrow shaft get too short and make the holding of the bow more and more critical. Sort of like shooting with an ultra short brace height bow.

If you shot over 290 fps, stick with Aerovane II. Then your FOC can go as low as 5% and the arrow will still flow true due to the vane.

On a side fun note, try to shot the arrow at high cross wind day and with low FOC you will really begin to appreciate why Aerovane is not just vane, but wings for the arrow.
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com • Office: (815) 780-1695 • Fax: (309) 356-5007
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company • URL: http://www.firenock.com • Web Store: http://shop.firenock.com
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™ with FACT(Firenock Arrow Concentric Technology), AeroInsert™, AeroOutsert™, AeroBolt™, AeroBushing™, Aero Concept Target System, and Hydro® systems.

Quote Originally Posted by fastkiller View Post
    Quik question... How come your arrow shaft is shorter than your draw length ??

dont know only been shooting 2 years n thats the length i was setup with. i actually think since i shoot rage i could prob cut another inch off shaft since i have no issues with head hitting riser. Is that good or bad i have no idea. I also just ordered a chronograph so ill soon know what speeds im shooting but they are cooking out of the destroyer.wanna get 325 fps out of her

Almost forgot i shoot the longer areovanes 11.3 grains. They shoot great but after i shot the destroyer i feel a need for speed looking for anyway to drop weight