a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Bow Poundage Test

Bow Poundage Test

What are the standards for testing what you can truly draw safely/effectively?

PSE MILITIA

When I first started I went to a Cabelas and tried as many bows as possible until I found what i was comfortable with,

I try to draw the bow smooth and motionless to my anchor while holding on target steady. Some guys say to sit on the ground flat and draw to anchor , or in a chair. Any draw weight that can be drawn smooth and easy with out lifting or strugle is the weight a person should draw.
    SIXXSTRINGS staff shooter.....

09 xforce 7..... monster 6.... reezen 6.5.... bowtech general...82nd.... vipertec..ultratec...turbotec. ..vectrix...vtec...
    The list goes on.

Thats only for first pull fresh correct? Or something you can do 20+ times? I'm shooting at 70lb and I really don't have to struggle, but I was out working at the lease cutting trees loading feeders and I was struggling big time to hold the bow on the back wall @ 80% letoff.
    PSE MILITIA

I can pull 70 also. But after a few shots I would get weak. I started with light weight years ago even though I could pull 70. I found that , even if I could pull that much smoothly and motionless when a big deer came in it was not smooth and motion free. If you can pull it than go for it . Just because you are tired after doing work doesn't mean you can't. I know that draw weight is a topic on here a lot but I have killed tons of deer with 50 pounds. And I have had complete pass throughs.
    SIXXSTRINGS staff shooter.....

09 xforce 7..... monster 6.... reezen 6.5.... bowtech general...82nd.... vipertec..ultratec...turbotec. ..vectrix...vtec...
    The list goes on.

If i can pull the bow back with out haveing to tilt it 4 inches up then you can handle it, but if you have the arrow pointing at the clouds then it to much. I shoot 50 pounds. dout you beleve me since iam 13.

I like to be able to hold the bow level, and draw it back without having to drop my elbow. Also, easily be able to smoothly draw the bow back while sitting in a chair, because i shoot sitting down from my treestand.
    Arctic Archers of Alaska