STS noise on bowmadness

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

STS noise on bowmadness

The STS on my bowmadness XS is making a thwang noise as the string slaps it. What can i do to reduce the noise.
    Aim small; miss small

Help, TTT
    Aim small; miss small

do you have it touching the string? if so try moving it a little bit away from it.
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: tradtech titan II w/ blackmax carbon extreme limbs , Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow

Quote Originally Posted by sawtoothscream View Post
    do you have it touching the string? if so try moving it a little bit away from it.
    Thanks, I will try that.
    Aim small; miss small

Quote Originally Posted by firstshoot View Post
    Thanks, I will try that.
    it might help. i know most people have there sts just a little of the string. i did and it didnt seem to bad.
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: tradtech titan II w/ blackmax carbon extreme limbs , Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow

I had the same problem with my bowmadness XS, the little set screws would always come a little loose after a few shots and I had it touching the string at rest.
    I took some advice on here to move it about the width of a credit card away from the string at rest and tightened the small set screws nice and tight with a little loctite. It worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saskquatch View Post
    I had the same problem with my bowmadness XS, the little set screws would always come a little loose after a few shots and I had it touching the string at rest.
    I took some advice on here to move it about the width of a credit card away from the string at rest and tightened the small set screws nice and tight with a little loctite. It worked for me.
    Yep! Use the credit card or business cardtrick but I would use wax on the screws instead of locktite. You will thank yourself later I also put a bowjax on mine.

the rubber stop is a hard P.O.S. change it out with softer rubber one, i ordered a bowrattler suppressor and a couple xtra stoppers and replaced the stock one along with bowjax on the string and cables and riser jax and i got most of the twang out of my bow finally, I always heard the BM's were so quiet i have yet to hear one that is quiet they all seem to have that twang. but mine is deffinettly better.
    2015 Mathews Chill X

Try a limbsaver stopper. Best out there IMO
    2010 Hoyt Alphamax 32, Black and camo, 29" 50lbs GT Velocity Pros, Limb Driver, Spot Hogg Real Deal Sight, QAD Exodus-deer
    2010 Hoyt Alphaburner, black a.k.a Deadpool, 29" 50lbs GT Velocity Pros, Limb Driver, Spot Hogg Real Deal Sight,QAD Exodus-deer

Thank you for all the help, i got some work to do.
    Aim small; miss small