Thread: Warf Bow help

Warf Bow help

Saw a guy with a warf bow today down at the range. Said he picked it up used so he couldn't give me any information on it. From my research, it appeared that it was a hoyt rambo riser based on the fact that it was not cut for centershot, and it did have hoyt milled into the riser just above the grip on the rest side.

Also, the limbs were bolted on like compound limbs...didn't appear like there was anything special done there.

this bow had several layers of paint on it...so I had no idea what limbs were on it.

Now....I've got the buck and I wanna build a 'warf' bow. This bow was a shooter...and seems like it would be a great beater/carp bow. Which is what I need in my stable.

So...I wanna build one. I have no idea where to start. I just put myself on the list for a set of those ILF plates that a member is making here, however...I'm very interested in knowing how limbs I could use to just bolt them on. I mean, these limbs seemed like they were made for this riser...they were the perfect width to fit in the limb pocket section of the riser.

Also, I'm trying to find another hoyt riser that is not cut for center shot...I would like to shoot this bow off the shelf. Is there any other Hoyt riser that is not center shot?

I'm also not against using a Black Bear riser.

Help me out here folks. I'd like to keep this project under 100.00 and from what I'm seeing for used Black Bears and old hoyts...that should be a problem as long as I can find some 50.00 limbs.
    Hi, my name is Bryan Miller and I'm a Toxophilite
    Drinkin' da kool-aide...

GV -

You might be better off going to www.tradtalk.com and checking out the "Warf" forums there.

BTW - did it look anything like this?

Viper1 out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Simple and innocent, however, as it (the bow) appears, and capable as it is of being a trusty friend and ally, a bow is at the same time a watchful enemy, ready to take advantage of the smallest slight.”

GV,

There are 2 possabilities, it could have been a Warf, or it could have been a Quarf.

If it looked like the above pics and used the ILF Limbs, it was a Warf. If it did not use ILF Limbs, and they were staright bolt ons, it was a Quarf.

There are limbs out there for under $50.oo. Them, a riser, and my Adapter Plates, you could get one done for like $100.00.

Ok...it was a Quarf then. They were NOT ILF limbs.

Warp, I found the pics of your plates also...I'm impressed. They look like they'll take care of a few issues I thought of...one being how to center and straighten the limbs. Well...being machined, I assume it should all fall into place.

What rise will your plates fit the best?
    Hi, my name is Bryan Miller and I'm a Toxophilite
    Drinkin' da kool-aide...

Here is a list of the curently known Warfable Risers. There may be more, these are just the ones that I know of. My plates should fit most, if not all of them with minor, if any, modifications.

Bear Archery
    Black Bear
    Black Panther
    Kodiak Mag

Hoyt USA
    GameGetter
    GameGetter II
    Impala
    Pro Medalist
    Pro Vantage
    Raider
    Ram Hunter
    Rambo
    Rambo
    Spectra
    TD3

Others
    Ben Pearson Spoiler
    Jennings Black Lightning
    Martin Prowler
    Proline Typhoon

This sheet will be included with every order, along with 2 tip sheets, one for the plates and one about the bolt bushings. There will also be an info sheet and a comment/testamony sheet.

The Specra 5000 I had done has the straight sight window like the Rambo.
    You'll just need a pic of that area to be sure, it seems some do and some don't. The Gamegetter Jr I had done has the curved or beyond center cut for a more modern wrap-around rest.
    The Blackbear I have also has the straight window.