a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Tru Ball ST360 / Tru Ball Absolute

Tru Ball ST360 / Tru Ball Absolute

I like the look of both of these release aids, I understand how the absolute works but could someone explain to me how you work the st360? do you set the head so that its free to move or do you "fix" the head in the best location for you.

I'm also planning on using it with the V-lock strap, how good/safe are these? Your opions would be a great help

i let the head on my 360 float so i never torque the string during the draw cycle.great release

I just got the new 360X and I set the head to a fixed position. At full draw, they way I anchor, it isn't completely straight to the D-loop, but it is just a tiny bit off, and it feels the best where I have it set. I do want to try the Absolute, but out of all the thumb releases I've ever used, the 360X blows them all away
    Boomer's Archery - Home of $1 shipping on everything
    Dealer for Onestringer Wraps, H&M Bowstrings, B-Stinger, Martin/Rytera, Hips Targets and many more...
    Need archery equiptment? PM me for prices.

Staff Shooter For: Pearson, Bowjax, Onestringer, TRU Ball, B-Stinger

so allowing it to float when anchoring the head of the release will be in the same place every time?

If you anchor in the same place everytime, it should, but your D-loop material may start to twist after a bunch of shots, and it wont get it in the same place. At least I think that could happen, I got mine to where I want it and tightened it down, so it won't move
    Dealer for Onestringer Wraps, H&M Bowstrings, B-Stinger, Martin/Rytera, Hips Targets and many more...

I own and shoot both Carter's and Tru-Balls, my favorite release is the ST-3 in the T-Ball line.It doesnt have the roto head. The Absolute is just a super deluxe version of that. Carters dont have any of the roto head stuff in thier line. I dont know maybe if you had a real short D Loop it might be slightly better. On the other hand I think the Carters are better on the inside mechanically,so? I question the need for more compexity and parts in the release it increases price and potentially increases maintainence issues down the road?

looking at the manual for the st360 how do you lock the head down to stop it turning

Quote Originally Posted by Ginge View Post
    looking at the manual for the st360 how do you lock the head down to stop it turning
    Set screw in the head.

I lock down the head of my ST-360 after it's in the right position for me. Actually, I'm not sure how useful this feature is if you use a D loop because the D loop itself should twist (if it's long enough) to remove any torque that you apply.

I do really like the 4 finger model. For me, it fits perfectly for my hand, and the trigger adjusts really nicely. One reason i got the Tru Ball is becuase of the V lock. I use the buckle model and it does work well as an assist and I also like it because when I'm retreiving arrows, I just let the release hang while I'm walking- there's no need to put it somewhere. It's also hanging right there when I'm nocking an arrow and it's just a flick of the wrist to get the release in the proper position. Another benifet of the V lock is that there is no way to accidently drop it or send it downrange.

I like the 3 finger model because it fits perfectly my hand perfectly. The last finger has a flat side where my pinky sets against and it just feels like an extra anchoer point, because if it is off, then I know something else is off too

Having a few Problems with my 4 Finger Absolute 360

The Latch is Disengaging with out the Trigger Going Off

Heads on 360 Mode

Arming it ...test latch is solid ..

get half way through Draw and its Dis engaging
    ( at First I thought it was Slipping off the D Loop .. but after Further Investigation .. its still Armed and the latch is just floating around .. Hit Trigger and it releases )