Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest Archery Thread!!!

Just my luck! I would have preferred a 35" ATA dOAH!!!! That should almost be a copy of the GT500.....hmmmmm? No regrets though the shorter bow seems to be shooting very well, cannot wait to get it outdoors. The SYNC cams are modular adjustable in 1/2" increments. I ordered mine at 29" and on my draw board it came up almost 29.5" perfect for me. Before you go and change the mods, which does require a press and reset of the draw stops, check the true DL. Quest shipped a set of mods to us (GanderMountain) so we all should have them.

G-Fade Quest Primal LH 72# @ 29.25"
    Proline Strings BCY X
    GT Velocity XT's 372gr
    Speed = 309 fps
    Grim Reapers....Watch em drop!

New picture

Updated picture 2010 Quest Smoke
    Attached Images Attached Images

These seem like great bows. A fellow employee ordered one and i love the feel of this bow.

It was around a 1/4" long for amo draw though.. nothin a few twists out of the cables cant fix..

Shooters for sure.

I got my new Quest Primal... actually i ended up with 2 of them. I had intentions of buying a new monster 7.0 when i picked up the primal but when i shot it through the chrono i realized that the quest was actually faster! I was so disappointed. I ended up buying a full camo primal and a Gfade primal to set up for 3D and a back up hunting bow! Will post pics when I can
    2012 Hoyt Vector 32
    2012 Hoyt Vector Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Wil View Post
    I got my new Quest Primal... actually i ended up with 2 of them. I had intentions of buying a new monster 7.0 when i picked up the primal but when i shot it through the chrono i realized that the quest was actually faster! I was so disappointed. I ended up buying a full camo primal and a Gfade primal to set up for 3D and a back up hunting bow! Will post pics when I can
    Congrats, I'm wanting a all black primal, and keep my smoke also. Just bought 3 new bows, the little woman may kick me out, if I bring another new bow home right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear215 View Post
    Congrats, I'm wanting a all black primal, and keep my smoke also. Just bought 3 new bows, the little woman may kick me out, if I bring another new bow home right now.
    I'm pretty sure my wife would kill me if I got another bow! But a Primal is definitely on the radar!
    Nothing to see here

Almost there

Well I just about put the finishing touches on the Primal today, added the loop and peep. Got her all set up but my arrows are not in yet so I tried what I had on hand to chronograph with. 423gr arrow gave me 288fps. Dropping to 400 gave me 294 and finally 385 was 297. Still not the magic 300 but oh so close. The actual arrow should come in at 365 or so which should have me around 300-302 which is plenty fast for me. More pics tomorrow....
    Proline Strings BCY X
    GT Velocity XT's 372gr
    Speed = 309 fps

I went back to that shop last week and shot the Primal. Very nice indeed. It did have some vibration at at the shot but the bow was not tuned. The stab he put on it didn't get rid of it. I believe it was a Limbsaver stab. I can deal with that little bit of vibration and fairly sure the right kind of stab would have taken care of it. The bow seemed pretty fast, no chrono there. The draw is so darn smooth. Its very similar to my Elite Z28 on the draw. The finish is very good.
    My want bumps are definitely itching for a Primal.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

You cannot hit what you cannot see.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo Man View Post
    I went back to that shop last week and shot the Primal. Very nice indeed. It did have some vibration at at the shot but the bow was not tuned. The stab he put on it didn't get rid of it. I believe it was a Limbsaver stab. I can deal with that little bit of vibration and fairly sure the right kind of stab would have taken care of it. The bow seemed pretty fast, no chrono there. The draw is so darn smooth. Its very similar to my Elite Z28 on the draw. The finish is very good.
    My want bumps are definitely itching for a Primal.
    You might as well take the and get it. Don't think you will be disappointed.

I'm very close to doing just that. Really like that bow.

Check my pics from earlier in this thread. Take a look at my stab combo, (I'll get better ones this week) an S-coil by itself does not do the trick but some sort of Doinker/isolator AND the stab of your choice should kill that slight buzz you feel. I tried a couple of old stabs and an S-coil mini we had around the store but until I put my current set up on the buzz was there. Now VERY dead. I have to tell you after shooting the same Hoyt (I still love it) for 17 years all I can say is what took me so long. This bow is going to be one accurate projectile launcher. Just noodling around at 8 yards or so not even trying, just getting the feel of the bow I can tell it is going to dot them.
    Proline Strings BCY X
    GT Velocity XT's 372gr
    Speed = 309 fps

Yeah better pics would help. I have a couple different stabs so I may already have the right one if/when I get a Primal. Think I will go back and demo it one more time.

Put a b-stinger on the end of yours, you will need to either invest in nocks or shoot at different spots!
    Nothing to see here

I have a 09 Quest Heat HSP 31, and I love it. I picked it up from a dealer that was selling the 09 models cheaper a couple weeks ago (as a university student you keep aware of what is on sale and what is not), and I snagged it for a great price. I have claimed a few squirrels, gophers and pigeons so far, it is smooth, quiet and pretty quick.

I had them put in the mod for a 29" draw, but I want to pop it up to 30" because it is still a little short, and I went to look at the owners manual and they accidentally gave me the 2010 manual I was wondering if anyone had an electronic copy of the 09 manual or even a scanned copy they could send me.

Not sure if the manual has changed that much other than names. Give Quest/G5 a call to verify.
    Proline Strings BCY X
    GT Velocity XT's 372gr
    Speed = 309 fps

Well here is the Primal that I have ready to shoot... I have custom grips and strings on the way and a wrap for the stabilizer... i may order a custom wrist strap too but at least i can shoot it now. I will post more pics when I get it all completed.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    2012 Hoyt Vector 32
    2012 Hoyt Vector Turbo

Wil

So how top heavy does your bow feel with that heavy (seems that way) stab? I backed off my extension to get a better balance.
    Proline Strings BCY X
    GT Velocity XT's 372gr
    Speed = 309 fps

Question Wil

What type of grips are you going with? My Smoke has the plastic ones, I miss my wood grips that were on my QS. Would you sell your factory ones, if they would fit my Smoke.

its a lil heavy... it doesn't really feel top heavy, but it does fall forward a lil after the shot. i used to have a captain and it felt top heavy... the bow would fall backwards toward you after the shot if you didn't have a stab on it. you could feel the weight at the top of the bow... this bow falls forward after the shot but when you are holding it... you can really feel that the weight is below the grip! I like it! I have a frient that shoots comp. and he is pretty excited about this stab. he feels that he can get all the benefits of a long target stab out of it, but he will still be able to shoot hunter class!
    2012 Hoyt Vector 32
    2012 Hoyt Vector Turbo

Updated pics

Not sure if I will go long or short w/stab...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Proline Strings BCY X
    GT Velocity XT's 372gr
    Speed = 309 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Bear215 View Post
    What type of grips are you going with? My Smoke has the plastic ones, I miss my wood grips that were on my QS. Would you sell your factory ones, if they would fit my Smoke.
    I am going to get a set of bob lambeth's custom grips. i have one set on the way and the other set or on order and should be on the way by the end of the week i think. I don't think the factory grips would fit your smoke, but if they would i would sell you a set for $25
    2012 Hoyt Vector 32
    2012 Hoyt Vector Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 454casull View Post
    Not sure if I will go long or short w/stab...
    i really like that... looks nice. i usually use a short stab... 4 inches or less but I am trying to improve my 3d scores so i am giving a little bit longer stab a try. If i don't like them they will be for sale in the classifides but for now i an really liking them
    2012 Hoyt Vector 32
    2012 Hoyt Vector Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Wil View Post
    I am going to get a set of bob lambeth's custom grips. i have one set on the way and the other set or on order and should be on the way by the end of the week i think. I don't think the factory grips would fit your smoke, but if they would i would sell you a set for $25
    I'll go to my local shop and compare them side x side. I'll let you know, Thanks

Went to the shop today, and drooled over the primal again. He also had a couple of left over XPB's I was looking at. I'm thinking about selling the Smoke and getting it.. I gotta stay away from there.

I know what you mean. Everytime I convence myself I don't want a Primal I read something else about them. Then my "Want Bumps" start icthing again big time. For some of you that are wanting to replace the stock grips, why are you wanting to do that? I know its personal preference but I believe the stock grips are the best I've ever had in my hands. Bob does make some very nice looking grips/side plates but man I would have a tough time switching from the G5 grips.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast