a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Fred Bear 1960 Kodiak Recurve

Fred Bear 1960 Kodiak Recurve

I have an original 1960 Fred Bear Kodiak Recurve. RH DD 633 64” 60#. This recurve was my uncles and has been in the family since it was purchased 50 years ago. According to my uncle, he decided he needed a sight on it and drilled one hole in the riser. Besides the one hole, this bow was all original. The tips were in great shape, no major stress marks, the leather grip was starting to tear, just a good old Kodiak with 50 years of shelve life on it. I was given the bow several years ago and it hung on my wall. A few years back, I decided to send it to the Bow Doc who refinished the bow to excellent condition. As you can see in the pictures, this is a beautiful bow. Strike pad and arrow rest was never installed on the bow. It also comes with a bowstring (not sure the history of the string, my uncle does not remember, but I will send it with the bow). The bow has not been shot in years and I have no idea if it would last one shot. Sold as is because of the age.
    850.00 TYD

“The transition between 1959 and 1960 is somewhat gray. At some time in 1960, black and white fiberglass replaced the old red and white paper overlays. This was an improvement in functionality and aesthetics. The coin changed from copper to aluminum but this is not a defining feature as I have several 1960 Kodiaks with a copper coin. Some of the risers have a little larger grip and these usually have the aluminum coin. New forms were used giving most 1960 Kodiaks a little more pronounced recurve profile than the 1959's. Most have rosewood in the sight window. This was the last year a leather grip was standard equipment on a Kodiak. The 1960 Kodiak is a favorite today. The ’60 Kodiak is considered the best-looking bow Fred ever produced, as do many others."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice Bow

This is a really pretty bow. Wish it was in my range.

Wow! That's beautiful. But about $850 out of my price range.
    2010 PSE X-Force Axe 6
    Awkward mornings are better than lonely nights

Ttt

Ttt

Old Kodiak

ttt

Kodiak

ttt

Kodiak

Will entertain offers? Thanks