Archery Talk Forum banner

Local shoots!!

9K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  NoSleeves 
#1 ·
Do you have a shoot in your state? 3D, Field, FITA, whatever venue it may be, post it up here for all to see.. :thumb:

#3 ·
Every year during hunting season, the Lake Marion Archery Club hosts a Bowhunter's Jamboree on a Sunday in late September or early October. This event is held to thank the members and guests for support through out the year, and is scheduled in conjunction with the opening week archery hunt of the WMA trophy buck management area just across the road from our club. The date is Oct. 3 Sunday.

For the entry fee of $10 (Families $15.00) the participants will shoot and eat a Bar-B-Q lunch.

Anyone who joins the Bowhunter's of South Carolina (BSC) at this event will shoot and eat for just $1.00.

This year we will have a special 25 target 3-D shoot with special bowhunter scoring. The shoot will consist of 25 targets, (deer and hogs) with a max. range of 25 yards.
All archers shoot from same stake.
Scoring will be center vital (10 pt.), outer vital (6 pt.), body (-2 pt.). You may pass on shot for (0 pt.). If you shoot and miss score (-1 pt.) on target.
Hunting equipment required, except no broadheads.

Bring your buddies, come as a family, shoot as a group see who's the best. Reg. Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Cards in by 4:00 p.m.

Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To grow your sport, support your sport.

swampf0x

Genesis 21:20

« Reply #1 Yesterday at 9:28pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have a little set back for the shoot this Sunday. It is still on and so is the Bar-B-Que. A lighting strike did fire damaged to our restroom and destroyed most of our new McKenzie targets we had stored in the building. We still have many targets to use but will need to replace those McKenzie that are damaged. Bring a friend to shoot and eat to help us out.
Thanks

#4 ·
The South Carolina 3D archery season will get started this weekend, Jan. 8th and 9th. At TAB's Archery Club located in Young's Community SC. It is near Gray Court. For directions or more info you can go to the SCAA web site sc-archery.com. Hope to see everyone out and shooting. Anyone that is new to 3d this is a great place to get started.

#8 ·
Sandune Archery Club at Myrtle Beach has the lower state leg of the SCAA State 3D championship this weekend Jan 29th and 30th. It can also be shot as one of the lower state regional championship shoots. There going to have 30 targets set out, if you shoot the SCAA State 3d you will only be shooting 25 targets. If you are shooting the regional shoot you have to shoot all 30. If you need directions visit the SCAA web site sc-archery.com go the the club section and click on Sandune Archery Club. You can also just go shoot for fun. Good luck to everyone that shoots.

#10 ·
hey ya'll. i'm currently deployed to Afghanistan and was looking at some of the upcoming shoots down in SC. I'm hoping to catch one while i'm down on R&R. i've just got a couple questions. 1) where is the Swamp Fox club located in Summerton, 2) how much are the entry fees, and 3) who would be the best person to contact on here regarding staying informed and on top of any changes to that schedule?
I was born and raises in Pinewood, and graduated from Clarendon Hall in Summerton so I'm fairly familiar with the area. I say fairly just bc i haven't been runnin around down there regularly since 2002. thanks for the help.

#11 ·
The entry fee should be $15. Jimmy Sanders is the president of the club. If you can go to the SCAA web site you can get the directions. sc-archery.com Go to the club section and you will see a link to Swamp Fox. There also should be some contact info for Jimmy and maybe a couple others if you wanted to send an email directly to them. Thank You for your service to our country.

#12 ·
#14 ·
#18 ·
I live near boiling springs and would love to come and shoot the 3D course. I can't PM you. Your profile doesn't give that option.

#16 ·
Blood Trackers Archery

174 Crawford Road
Statesville, NC 28625
(704) 873-9540

www.BloodTrackersArchery.com

*WEEKLY SCHEDULE*

Monday- Vegas 300 Round @7:00 PM

Tuesday- Indoor 3D Archery Tournament @7:00 PM

Wednesday- Range Open to Public

Thursday- Two Man Tournament @7:00 PM

Friday- Range Open to Public

Saturday- Indoor 3D Archery Tournament @5:00 PM

Sunday- Closed "In the Treestand"

**Range Open To Public (Monday-Saturday) until 2 hours prior to Tournament**

Building Room Shooting sport

#23 ·
The SCAA has dwindled in the last couple years. There used to be about 6-8 clubs actively having shoots, some in the upstate and some in the low half of the state but a handful of clubs parted ways from the SCAA and now I believe there are only 4 active clubs in the SCAA and 2 I think are still doing 3D shoots and the other 2 are doing indoor/vegas style shoots. There is a club near Walterboro,SC call Broken Arrow Archery Club. They do a shoot on the 3rd of each month. It's a pretty nice place. The targets are in good shape and the course is set well. Check out their FB page for shoot dates.

#24 ·
I hate to bring this news but Broken Arrow Archery Club has closed permanently. Not sure why, just sharing what they posted on their FB page. If your in the Charleston area there is a 3D and practice range at the Johns Island county park, its called Mullet Hall archery range. I have not been there yet but supposedly it's a very nice place. Hope to see some folks around. Thanks

#25 ·
Just wanted to put out some info on the Mullet Hall Archery Range. Went there this past saturday and shot. It's a great place if you are within an hour drive of Johns Island, its well worth it. It only cost 1$ to get into the park, there are practice bags out to 50 yards, they are in pretty decent shape not too shot up. There is a 20 target 3D course also thats a little bit of a walk from the practice range. The targets are in pretty good shape, some are a bit shot up but not too bad. Majority of them are inside of 30 yards (mostly for youth and 1st time shooters) but there are some out at 40+. Overall the course was great, lanes were cut down well, its a nice walk and scenery. A few uphill and slight downhill shots and a mix of sun and shadows. It's really easy to find there are signs posted as soon as you turn into the park. If you are near the area and are looking for an excellent place to shoot then check this place out you wont be disappointed.

#26 ·
Bump the thread again. Just went to a shoot at Midlands Archery Center in Leesville, SC just outside of Columbia and about a 2 hr drive from Charleston. It was a great shoot, very well organized, targets were in great shape and the distances were perfect. Some were stretched pretty far to 48-52 and some were within 40 and one at 12 yrds :LOL:. The terrain was interesting as well, I'm used to pretty flat courses but this one had a good mix of up and down hill with a few steep angles. Some shadowy lanes and some with the sun glaring right into your peep sight. I 10/10 recommend this club; if you want dates for shoots check them out on Facebook and instagram.

#27 ·
I haven't touched a bow in fifteen years but decided to pick it back up again, once I get mine back from the shop I plan to start practicing again. I live in the Charleston area and as far as I can tell the only places to shoot are Mullet Hall and The Archery Shop in Summerville. I third hand through a coworker there was an indoor range but I can't seem to find anything on it, wondering if he was talking about something different. I'd love to find a place I could go early in the morning and sling a few arrows before work, Mullet Hall only opens at 8am unfortunately.

#30 ·
Not really. PSA has a couple techs that work there but I only get my arrows cut there, I work on my own stuff otherwise. Bud's is a good place, he has been there for a long time and does good work. The next closest shop would be Jeffery Archery in Columbia or Saluda Archery. I think there is a small shop near Sumter but I'm not 100% for sure.

#32 ·
Ya they are or in the upstate. Closest place would be Midlands Archery which is in Batesburg/Leesville. And Broken Arrow Archery which is in Smoaks (about 45mins from Charleston area), they quit having shoots for a while but they just started back up, I think they are having a shoot this weekend if I'm not mistaken. The reason for the small archery community is because you can hunt with anything from day 1 of hunting season so most people are just going to gun hunt and dog driving in the lower part of the state somewhat limits good bowhunting areas. Unless you have private property somewhere you most likely have to join a hunting club that dog drives 95% of the time so finding a small plot of land to bow hunt on is slim to none. I don't bow hunt much anymore, just target and 3D now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.