Thread: "Problems" with Hoyt Carbon Matrix

"Problems" with Hoyt Carbon Matrix

Hello

I saw something strange on my Matrix. When I shoot about 100 Arrows, then me Limbbolts start to move !!! Not mutch, but the change there location. About 3-4mm, because I made a mark on them to check always there position.

I removed the bolts and cleand them from the grease and used a medium Loctite to hold them in place. Hope they donīt move anymore. They where so easy to remove. I could unscrew them (when the bow was relaxed) with my fingers ! When I compare the Limbbolts with my Vantage then you have to use your muscles to turn those limbbolts. With the Matrix it is veeeeery easy to unscrew those limbbolts. You could use the allenwrench and turn it with one finger. OK it is good this way, but I think it is to easy to turn.

What I also saw is, that the bottomcam scratches very slightly the left limb. There is about 1mm Air between the limb and the CAM. How could this be ???

How far should the Arrowrest be away from the Riser (starting point) ? I still have the Issue (like with my Vantage) that I have to move my scope to the left (about a thickness from a Fatboyshaft) that I hit the middle of the Target. I donīt know why this happens. My face dose NOT thouch ANY string or something else. Just the tip of my nose and the anchorpoint.

Maybe someone can help.

Thanks until now.

I was wondering what problems may crop up with such a radical departure from the norm even with Hoyt. Maybe try driving over it from the right side?
    I wouldnt tolerate much cam lean on a $1600 bow thats for sure.

set the rest 21mm from the face of the riser for a starting point. you might need to bring it in 1/4 turn or so.

13/16" american (.8125)

Are you sure the actual bolt moved or could it be that the big cupped washer that you likely made a mark across also moved slightly?
    Hoyt CS34

a conventional riser limb bolt holes are drilled and tapped into the solid aluminim with most bows. So i guess on the Matrix there must be some metal insert in the carbon tubing to hold the limb bolt? correct?

I concur on the 13/16 inches give or take a 1/16th.

Hello guys

Thanks for Answers. The movement is really the screw and not a washer or something else. I made a white dot on it and can see exactly the movement. It seems for me, that when I turn the limbbolts, that they have to seatle in after a few shots. Like I sayīd - for me those screws are mutch to easy to turn when I compare them with my Vantage. Thatīs the reason why I removed the grease from the Limbbolts, and used Loctiteglue to fix them more.

About the tiny scratches on the bottomcam. Maybe it whose my shootingstyl, because I used a Evo+ and pulled maybe to hard against the wall and changed something, that the cam could tough the limb - ho knows.

I spoke with my Dealer and with Hoyt, and they can not help me, because they donīt know what it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by bogenfreak View Post
    Hello guys

I spoke with my Dealer and with Hoyt, and they can not help me, because they donīt know what it could be.

Wow 1600.00 Bow and there is a problem with it and your deal or Hoyt wont help you becasue they dont know what it could be. I would of thought that Hoyt would want to see it.

Hello guys

I find it hard to beleive that Hoyt said they could not help you. I'm calling B.S.

Maybe once the Matrix guys are up and at it, they will chime in. I'd bring it to the dealer anyway and tell them to call you when it's fixed or give you your money back.
    Stable full of Hoyt Bows... Home of the White Alpha Triad !! (Alpha Elite, AlphaBurner, Alphamax 35)
    Spot On Bowstrings, Fuse Carbon Blades, Doinker Stabilizers (Doink On), Axcel Sights, AAE, Scott, Bow Rattler
    Viper Sights, NAP Rests, Easton & Beman Shafts, Limbsavers, Tru-Ball.

Hello guys

Thanks for Answers. The movement is really the screw and not a washer or something else. I made a white dot on it and can see exactly the movement. It seems for me, that when I turn the limbbolts, that they have to seatle in after a few shots. Like I sayīd - for me those screws are mutch to easy to turn when I compare them with my Vantage. Thatīs the reason why I removed the grease from the Limbbolts, and used Loctiteglue to fix them more.

About the tiny scratches on the bottomcam. Maybe it whose my shootingstyl, because I used a Evo+ and pulled maybe to hard against the wall and changed something, that the cam could tough the limb - ho knows.

O Boy!!!!! Whom did you speak with at Hoyt that Didn't know???
    I would like to thank my sponsors
    OutBack Archery
    Gold Tip, Extreme Archery Products

"Instant success is not handed across the counter with the purchase of a bow."
    CHEAP IS NOT GOOD & GOOD IS NOT CHEAP

Did someone go Bowfish a Carp and put it under my table ??? Something doesn't smell right now that I think of it.

Maybe the strings aren't installed on the bow ?? The OP can turn his limb bolts with his fingers.
    Stable full of Hoyt Bows... Home of the White Alpha Triad !! (Alpha Elite, AlphaBurner, Alphamax 35)
    Spot On Bowstrings, Fuse Carbon Blades, Doinker Stabilizers (Doink On), Axcel Sights, AAE, Scott, Bow Rattler

Did everyone forget what today is ???

Nice thread but it could have been about bowtech or mathews and might have been more believable. JK
    Mathews z7
    Black Gold Acsent
    Qad Hdx
    Proline Bowstrings

Have the same problem with my Hoyt Carbon Matrix 2011. The limb bolts turn out about a quarter turn for every 200 shots. The top and bottom does not turn out equally. Only realise it because I marked my limb bolts with white marks. Contacted Hoyt and they gave me some instructions to try and curb this problem:
    1. Make sure the pocket dowels are tightened
    2. Turn out the pockets five to six turns,and clear the thread with a rag to remove anti-lock grease. Turn in the limb pockets again. cycle this procedure 3 to 4 times by first tightening the one pocket then the other and then loosening first the one and then the other.
    3.After repeating#2 a few times tighten the limb pockets and then turn out the pockets one turn each side, out to six turns. Tighten the pockets then to your desired settings.

I will tell you in a week or two if this made any difference.

Hoyt calls it AWR, automatic weight reduction, but i think it's a gimmick.

Check your spacer on the bottom limb of your Vantage..The biggset spacer needs to be on the left side as your holding the bow out in front of you...Twist the right Yoke until an arrow runs parailell with your string or slightly towards the string loop...Set the rest @ 3/4" to 13/16" from the riser you should be good to go

I have come across a lot of Hoyts as of late with the spacer on the wrong side

Tom

Hello

I saw something strange on my Matrix. When I shoot about 100 Arrows, then me Limbbolts start to move !!! Not mutch, but the change there location. About 3-4mm, because I made a mark on them to check always there position.

I removed the bolts and cleand them from the grease and used a medium Loctite to hold them in place. Hope they donīt move anymore. They where so easy to remove. I could unscrew them (when the bow was relaxed) with my fingers ! When I compare the Limbbolts with my Vantage then you have to use your muscles to turn those limbbolts. With the Matrix it is veeeeery easy to unscrew those limbbolts. You could use the allenwrench and turn it with one finger. OK it is good this way, but I think it is to easy to turn.

What I also saw is, that the bottomcam scratches very slightly the left limb. There is about 1mm Air between the limb and the CAM. How could this be ???

How far should the Arrowrest be away from the Riser (starting point) ? I still have the Issue (like with my Vantage) that I have to move my scope to the left (about a thickness from a Fatboyshaft) that I hit the middle of the Target. I donīt know why this happens. My face dose NOT thouch ANY string or something else. Just the tip of my nose and the anchorpoint.

Maybe someone can help.

Thanks until now.
    Last edited by ex-wolverine; April 3rd, 2011 at 02:48 PM.
    PARK-N-SONS ARCHERY CUSTOM STRINGS AND TUNING
    "ADVANCING ARCHERY ONE STRING AT A TIME"
    I'm a custom string builder, not a production string builder
    Pleass visit my site and contact us @ parknsonsarchery dot com for questions on pricing
    Please note: I do not take string orders here on Archery Talk

Thats funny...Thats so when your half way through the 3D shoot you wont get tired...They forgot to tell you that you have to use progressivly lighter arrows to keep your marks

Quote Originally Posted by freebird@midwes View Post
    Hoyt calls it AWR, automatic weight reduction, but i think it's a gimmick.
    PARK-N-SONS ARCHERY CUSTOM STRINGS AND TUNING
    "ADVANCING ARCHERY ONE STRING AT A TIME"
    I'm a custom string builder, not a production string builder
    Pleass visit my site and contact us @ parknsonsarchery dot com for questions on pricing
    Please note: I do not take string orders here on Archery Talk

matrix problems

I have owned the 2010 carbon matrix now for about 4 months and shoot it several times a week. The first day I recieved it I shot for almost 2 hours and had 2 back to back robin hoods at 20 yrds. (I thought it was amazing) However since then, I have been having issues with the draw length changing almost an in back and forth (same day shooting or the very next time). I have also have had my pro shop reset the timing on the cams several times and it just keeps comming out of timming. I spent houndreds of more dollars on 3 different releases, 4 different grips, 3 different arrow rest, new winters choice strings..... At first I thought maybe it was just my own errors, torquing the bow, target panic-but did not feel that I had target panic...
    The response I kept getting from the owner of the pro shop I go to is that my issues are impossible; cant happen, and maybe he could make me custom strings where the yoke cable is thicker than the other cable. I just laughed and said no, I will not put another dime in this over priced bow. I am asking for my money back!!!!

Ooo by the way I did try several times to contact Hoyt through email and not one ever got responded to.

Anyone else have these issues with this bow?